The Audio Lounge
May 5, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #24,226 of 36,105
yes you should pick you're spots

May 5, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #24,227 of 36,105
May 6, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #24,228 of 36,105
WOW: Dear

May 6, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #24,230 of 36,105

May 6, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #24,232 of 36,105
a track from one of Tom's favorite Leonard Cohen albums....Dear Heather.

this song is a poem, written by (George Gordon) Lord Byron (1788–1824)

Listen to the album. LIsten to everything by Leonard.

May 6, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #24,233 of 36,105
Wow-Dear

May 6, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #24,234 of 36,105
Did you know that any bread can be a tortilla if you use a hammer?

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #24,237 of 36,105
pardon the delicate nature

May 6, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #24,239 of 36,105
Thought I'd give some impressions on the ER2XR. Was surprised by its size and looked nice, great materials. Was afraid to see what the insertion depth was going to be, and damn, I feel a little violated. Sorry, just got to get them way in there. Wasn't used to that.

Pros:
excellent data retrieval
tight mids, bass has decent impact, very realistic
Softer highs than what I expected

Cons:
Proprietary cable, microphonic, not easily changed out
insertion depth, orientation- hard to do cable over the ear
no great bass slam- was hoping for more punch
soundstage a little too intimate/closed-off (probably due to the insertion depth)
hard to power, even with small amp, pushes player to upper limits
inconsistent delivery on songs (not sure if a con- too revealing on lower bit depth files)
horrible case-have the scrunch up the cable to get everything in

So, as you can see, the cons outnumber the pros. While I could've spent more time and perhaps grown accustomed to the idiosyncrasies, I felt that it wasn't worth it. I probably wouldn't grab it too often. And with that sentiment, they go back. Glad I tried them and now know their signature.

I hate having to send stuff back. So while I seek something else out, I got a Blon BL03 and 8-core balanced cable to hold me off the grief of the return of gear...always wanted to try it and was cheap. I'll post some impressions once I get it soon.

Would love to explore some EE stuff like @jerick70 (Valkyries look awesome, BTW), just can't go for that cost. We'll see...Maybe a T50RP variant.
Thanks for reading.

May 6, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #24,240 of 36,105
Thought I'd give some impressions on the ER2XR. Was surprised by its size and looked nice, great materials. Was afraid to see what the insertion depth was going to be, and damn, I feel a little violated. Sorry, just got to get them way in there. Wasn't used to that.

Pros:
excellent data retrieval
tight mids, bass has decent impact, very realistic
Softer highs than what I expected

Cons:
Proprietary cable, microphonic, not easily changed out
insertion depth, orientation- hard to do cable over the ear
no great bass slam- was hoping for more punch
soundstage a little too intimate/closed-off (probably due to the insertion depth)
hard to power, even with small amp, pushes player to upper limits
inconsistent delivery on songs (not sure if a con- too revealing on lower bit depth files)
horrible case-have the scrunch up the cable to get everything in

So, as you can see, the cons outnumber the pros. While I could've spent more time and perhaps grown accustomed to the idiosyncrasies, I felt that it wasn't worth it. I probably wouldn't grab it too often. And with that sentiment, they go back. Glad I tried them and now know their signature.

I hate having to send stuff back. So while I seek something else out, I got a Blon BL03 and 8-core balanced cable to hold me off the grief of the return of gear...always wanted to try it and was cheap. I'll post some impressions once I get it soon.

Would love to explore some EE stuff like @jerick70 (Valkyries look awesome, BTW), just can't go for that cost. We'll see...Maybe a T50RP variant.
Thanks for reading.
Boy would I love to try out some of the EE stuff out these days. I've got one from their original series back when they were Earwerkz and I still love it. But I just can't spend the money on them; their lowest tier IEM is $200 more than the one I have from their original run. Just can't do it. Heck, thinking about the cost, I could spend the money to replace my dishwasher that I should get around to soon enough and I could get a pretty nice dishwasher with the price they're charging for some of those models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back