The Audio Lounge
Apr 28, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #23,806 of 36,059
Thanks Kev for your informative and interesting reply!

Glad to hear that you have recovered and your partner also!

It is good to hear first hand experiences as we can all learn and keep an eye out for the typical symptoms.

I guess that you can get an antibody test done when a reliable tests becomes available. It would be nice to know because you might have immunity to reinfection for up to 3 years (according to some recent articles I have read).

An interesting article here
That’s an interesting read, thanks for posting that. Only thing that concerns me regarding a vaccine is will it be viable in a year or two if Corona comes around again and has mutated slightly. Like the flu jab here in the UK, it’s not always effective unfortunately.
I found the information regarding symptoms on the government website a bit vague to say the least and gave up looking to see if my symptoms were those of Corona !!!
I popped to the shop this morning for milk and couldn’t help feeling like I had super powers against it because of my possible immunity lol
E5F20CAB-0750-478C-ABF9-E817A22D7A55.png

Apr 28, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #23,810 of 36,059
It hurts like hell!!!! LOL I'm going to the doc later today to get some pain meds because over the counter stuff does nothing.
Just do what @groucho69 said, tape it up and elevate it. You’ll do more damage going to get stronger meds !!! Surely you’ve got a bottle of something strong in the drinks cabinet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 28, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #23,811 of 36,059
It hurts like hell!!!! LOL I'm going to the doc later today to get some pain meds because over the counter stuff does nothing.
There is not much that can be done. A cool back when it happened and some ibuprofen (taken with food) should have helped stop the swelling.
The big toe probably would have been much worse and might have put you out of action for quite some time. Think yourself lucky! :ksc75smile:

My wife hurt her small toe a while back and it took weeks for it to get better.

Apr 28, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #23,812 of 36,059
Just do what @groucho69 said, tape it up and elevate it. You’ll do more damage going to get stronger meds !!! Surely you’ve got a bottle of something strong in the drinks cabinet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
A glass of the strong stuff probably caused his problem in the first place! :ksc75smile:

Apr 28, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #23,814 of 36,059
Yeah wouldn't happen if he was tee toe tal..

Il stop now.
Ah don't stop. It's making me laugh. I need it right now. Sitting at the docs office waiting. They are totally locked down here. You can't even go inside without a check to see if you have COVID symptoms. Everyone has ppe on and looks at you like you're going to kill them. Lol.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #23,816 of 36,059
This virus has infected way more than the numbers show both in cases, deaths, and recovery. How many suffered and never got tested, died but attributed to something else or are A symptomatic or marginal and not tested.
the key here is testing. There should be tens of millions of tests daily, concerning immunity , basic immunology should apply, but does it. Good morning cranking over 3 mill.

on a positive note, the ozone is repairing
You know your positive note is going to fly out the window as soon as the US "LERROOOOOYYYYYY JENKINNNNNNNNNNSSS" the reopening of the country under the current leadership. Not to mention the spike in cases and deaths. The models will tell you a rough estimate of what spread and infection could look like based on what we've been doing......it does not assume you telling everyone to start up their normal lives at the drop of a dime. Do that in the next couple of weeks and we'll be right back at square 0. "We need to restart the economy!"......ya know what powers the economy? Living people. Ya know what you have when you ease restrictions and get a spike of infections again? Dead people. Dead people ain't gonna help your economy.

And no @jerick70 and @majo123, I will NOT cave in to your enablement! Does the DTR1 even have BT? BT5.0 is one of my requirements for the DAP. But again, it's just really not of any amount of urgency. Heck, I didn't even get a Hiby R3 Pro, which might still be my frontrunner if I were to get a new DAP; good reviews, comparatively a budget option, has the specs I would want, aka can play ALAC, has BT5.0 and looks like it has a pretty good UI.

Apr 28, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #23,817 of 36,059
You know your positive note is going to fly out the window as soon as the US "LERROOOOOYYYYYY JENKINNNNNNNNNNSSS" the reopening of the country under the current leadership. Not to mention the spike in cases and deaths. The models will tell you a rough estimate of what spread and infection could look like based on what we've been doing......it does not assume you telling everyone to start up their normal lives at the drop of a dime. Do that in the next couple of weeks and we'll be right back at square 0. "We need to restart the economy!"......ya know what powers the economy? Living people. Ya know what you have when you ease restrictions and get a spike of infections again? Dead people. Dead people ain't gonna help your economy.

And no @jerick70 and @majo123, I will NOT cave in to your enablement! Does the DTR1 even have BT? BT5.0 is one of my requirements for the DAP. But again, it's just really not of any amount of urgency. Heck, I didn't even get a Hiby R3 Pro, which might still be my frontrunner if I were to get a new DAP; good reviews, comparatively a budget option, has the specs I would want, aka can play ALAC, has BT5.0 and looks like it has a pretty good UI.
Nope.. no Bluetooth, no touch screen, no WiFi, no EQ......but we shall see tomorrow if its still worth it, not long now.

Apr 28, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #23,818 of 36,059
My wife and I have already discussed, we will not participate in society until a vaccine. this is Canada stat by the way a courteous thoughtful folks that voted on a poll that the vaccine should not be mandatory by 40% of those surveyed. I fully understand in aggregate we are doomed.

Apr 28, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #23,819 of 36,059

Yes it doesn't but the Shanling M6 does and it looks really good....

Oh and when people use absolutes like you did with the phrase "will NOT cave" that is an indicator that you will do whatever you said you will not do.

You'll be telling us about your new dap very soon my friend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back