The Audio Lounge
Mar 30, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #22,891 of 36,215
Well, we're in week 3 of isolation (it should have started much sooner). Getting a little compressed with the entire family always in your face. I have a small house and there's no place to really hide. I chose to remain in plain view and plug in some headphones and 'disappear' for while. Been working so far. I have taken some great solitary walks and actively avoiding people. The only place I frequent and risk exposure is the liquor store.

Been looking into getting a small IEM such as the IT01s or the Ety ER2XR but nothing is final. They are about the same costs but have different signatures. I had the IT01 and really liked it but am intrigued by @majo123 and @DBaldock9 take on this piece. Still trying to weigh out some others to consider in the range. Nothing serious, just trying some other pieces when I'm out and about.

Things are getting tense and scary. I hope everyone here stays healthy. Sending my profound well-wishes to all. Stay safe, stay sane. We'll come through to the other side.

Mar 30, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #22,892 of 36,215
Actually had a great time in Boston. Mick Jager stayed at the same hotel, funny never actually saw him ;> really enjoyed oh yea, Isabelle Stewart, and Salem.

Mar 30, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #22,893 of 36,215
Well, we're in week 3 of isolation (it should have started much sooner). Getting a little compressed with the entire family always in your face. I have a small house and there's no place to really hide. I chose to remain in plain view and plug in some headphones and 'disappear' for while. Been working so far. I have taken some great solitary walks and actively avoiding people. The only place I frequent and risk exposure is the liquor store.

Been looking into getting a small IEM such as the IT01s or the Ety ER2XR but nothing is final. They are about the same costs but have different signatures. I had the IT01 and really liked it but am intrigued by @majo123 and @DBaldock9 take on this piece. Still trying to weigh out some others to consider in the range. Nothing serious, just trying some other pieces when I'm out and about.

Things are getting tense and scary. I hope everyone here stays healthy. Sending my profound well-wishes to all. Stay safe, stay sane. We'll come through to the other side.
I haven't owned er2xr but I have owned iT01 , even without hearing the er2xr I would genuinely say the ety would probably be the more superior sound and also in my case a better fit , etys punch way above there price point in every scenario when it comes to audio , I would say different class to IT01

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #22,894 of 36,215

Infact I wouldn't mind trying the 2s myself...let's see what happens in better times.

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #22,895 of 36,215

I happen to be sitting here at work, listening to "Templar Chant: Hail Holy Queen (Salve Regina)", with my Ety ER2XR right now:
PC -> ZiShan DSD (Dual AK4497) [Line Out] -> Walnut F2 (5x MUSES8920E) [Single-Ended Output] -> Ety ER2XR
Since I usually wear all of my earphone cables over-the-ear, and these cables fit best when worn hanging down - I have noticed a bit more cable noise.
Other than that one issue (which won't be a problem if you're used to wearing cables down), I really do like the way they sound, and the amount of isolation they provide.
I guess the fact that the MMCX connector on the Ety cable will fit other MMCX earphones, but other cables won't fit the Ety earphones (without filing off the short collar on the earphones, which keeps the connectors from seating) - could also be considered an issue, if you like to swap cables.

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #22,896 of 36,215
I happen to be sitting here at work, listening to "Templar Chant: Hail Holy Queen (Salve Regina)", with my Ety ER2XR right now:
PC -> ZiShan DSD (Dual AK4497) [Line Out] -> Walnut F2 (5x MUSES8920E) [Single-Ended Output] -> Ety ER2XR
Since I usually wear all of my earphone cables over-the-ear, and these cables fit best when worn hanging down - I have noticed a bit more cable noise.
Other than that one issue (which won't be a problem if you're used to wearing cables down), I really do like the way they sound, and the amount of isolation they provide.
I guess the fact that the MMCX connector on the Ety cable will fit other MMCX earphones, but other cables won't fit the Ety earphones (without filing off the short collar on the earphones, which keeps the connectors from seating) - could also be considered an issue, if you like to swap cables.

I think etys cable noise is due to deep insertion and almost touching bone but it's a double edged sword because I think this is how they achieve there excellent isolation and detail retrieval which is second to none.

Mar 30, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #22,897 of 36,215
Let them entertain you

Mar 30, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #22,899 of 36,215
And I was listening to this on my way home today and laughed a few times although i didn't want to

Mar 31, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #22,901 of 36,215
Correct social distancing

Mar 31, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #22,902 of 36,215

Mar 31, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #22,903 of 36,215
Our society and economy have been crippled by a microscopic virus. Scientists have not yet determined the exact origin but have narrowed it down to a Chinese fish market or Rosie O’Donnell’s bathtub. And no one is sure how to prevent or cure it. In the past, the ways to prevent contracting a contagious disease were simple: don’t eat in restaurants with cat on the menu and don’t date my college roommate’s sister.

Mar 31, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #22,904 of 36,215
its Always darkest before the storm, look past it and enjoy some sun.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back