The Audio Lounge
Mar 13, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #22,608 of 36,016
I noticed everything was quieter today, traffic, lack of people about, went to the supermarket it was very quiet, I think people in England are semi self isolating themselves even though our government are insisting carry on at the minute. You can sense the fear, a stranger coughs and others all look on with concern...

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #22,610 of 36,016
I noticed everything was quieter today, traffic, lack of people about, went to the supermarket it was very quiet, I think people in England are semi self isolating themselves even though our government are insisting carry on at the minute. You can sense the fear, a stranger coughs and others all look on with concern...
I'm headed to the supermarket right now. A little timid about it but it will be ok I think. We don't have any confirmed cases in our town yet and my family is pretty healthy, except for my son's have seasonal asthma. Just have to be super careful and wash your hands and don't touch your face with your hands. I would wear a mask but my wife says they aren't effective. She's a registered nurse. You have to wear a full face mask.

Fauci_PPE_2.png

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #22,612 of 36,016
I'm headed to the supermarket right now. A little timid about it but it will be ok I think. We don't have any confirmed cases in our town yet and my family is pretty healthy, except for my son's have seasonal asthma. Just have to be super careful and wash your hands and don't touch your face with your hands. I would wear a mask but my wife says they aren't effective. She's a registered nurse. You have to wear a full face mask.

Fauci_PPE_2.png
I don't think theres much anyone can do really apart from washing hands and being sensible I.e big crowds not putting yourself in the firing line ....scary times.

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #22,615 of 36,016
The US has declared a federal crisis. My company has mandated remote working and they shut my local city offices and schools are closing everywhere.
We all have to be concerned and careful. We are all going to be exposed to it sooner than later. How far it can be transmitted and passed along will be the key. Be aware of how you're feeling and that of others. Isolate where you can and be mindful of the risks. The worse thing is how the social/economic/political factors will play out. That scares me more than the actual sickness.The stock market and businesses are going to take a long-term hit that many will not recover from.

Just trying to keep a level head and be steady. Panic and hysteria will do no one good.
I wish safe and well wishes to all.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #22,616 of 36,016
Love my 4xr and also loved my 3xr until I washed them, 4xr are the most accurate iem I have owned, well at least they sound the most accurate to me ...andromeda are fantastic truly and i would take them over my 4xr but what the 4xr offer is realism in abundance, every little nuance etc, they take a bit of getting used to coming from most iems as they can sound a bit too clinical at first and its soooooo crystal compared to a lot of iems, I have read more than one post saying once you have gotten used to ety sig/sound its hard to go back to most iems because they just lack the realism....I feel everyone should try etys at some point all though I understand there not for everyone, they are very accurate maybe a little clinical for some and lack depth and fulness of sound , also its like having brain implants they go so deep although this never bothered me and with the right tips its actually more than ok , as previously posted though this depth offers the best isolation ever!
Bass may be a factor for a lot too.

But honestly try them wear them for a week, detail retrieval is stunning.

The ER2XR arrived today, and I installed the large triple-flange tips.
They're connected to my iBasso PB2 amp (2x Dual OPA627AU op-amps; 4x BUF634P Mono Buffer w/Class A Bias Resistors), and I'm watching "Lovejoy" on Acorn TV [ https://acorn.tv/lovejoy/ ].
They do have a "leaner" sound than I usually prefer, where the low Bass is there, but not as predominate as some of my other earphones.
After listening for a few hours, I'm really enjoying the ER2XR - and I can tell the Bass response has improved some.
One thing I saw mentioned in a review, is that the ER2XR is not very easy to drive (compared to the other Etys) - and I did notice having to turn the volume up higher on my PB2, to listen at the same level as my other earphones / earbuds.
Now, I've also listened to Spotify on my LG V30 (using WiFi), and its volume has to be turned up higher with the ER2XR, than with other earphones.

Mar 14, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #22,617 of 36,016
They're connected to my iBasso PB2 amp (2x Dual OPA627AU op-amps; 4x BUF634P Mono Buffer w/Class A Bias Resistors), and I'm watching "Lovejoy" on Acorn TV [ https://acorn.tv/lovejoy/ ].
They do have a "leaner" sound than I usually prefer, where the low Bass is there, but not as predominate as some of my other earphones.
After listening for a few hours, I'm really enjoying the ER2XR - and I can tell the Bass response has improved some.
One thing I saw mentioned in a review, is that the ER2XR is not very easy to drive (compared to the other Etys) - and I did notice having to turn the volume up higher on my PB2, to listen at the same level as my other earphones / earbuds.
Now, I've also listened to Spotify on my LG V30 (using WiFi), and its volume has to be turned up higher with the ER2XR, than with other earphones.
I cant really comment on 2xr but most ety run a little leaner from my limited experience, they tend to pair better with a less neutral dap/source for me and my tastes , something with more meat on the bone , like hibys sort of sig ..Also liked them a lot with mojo..... although ok i wouldn't recommend pairing with something like m11 as both are so neutral.
Give them time too , a lot of buyers of ety give them up too soon I feel because they are used to the emphasised lows and there brains need to adjust, I'm a thorough believer of brain burn in probably more than burn in .

Mar 14, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #22,618 of 36,016
Also try foams as the silicone can and will make them more lean and definitely make sure inserted into your cerebral cortex as lot of people dont fit etys right which again will result in leaner sig.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #22,619 of 36,016
I cant really comment on 2xr but most ety run a little leaner from my limited experience, they tend to pair better with a less neutral dap/source for me and my tastes , something with more meat on the bone , like hibys sort of sig ..Also liked them a lot with mojo..... although ok i wouldn't recommend pairing with something like m11 as both are so neutral.
Give them time too , a lot of buyers of ety give them up too soon I feel because they are used to the emphasised lows and there brains need to adjust, I'm a thorough believer of brain burn in probably more than burn in .

I've switched over to playing FLAC files from my PC -> Topping D70 DAC (dual AK4497) -> Loxjie Tube Hybrid (2x 6N3P-E tubes; 4x OPA1622 op-amps) -> ER2XR.
On the track "Nez Perce, by Kori L. Carothers, the piano / synthesizers and Native American flutes & drums / percussion really sounds impressive -

Mar 14, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #22,620 of 36,016
I've switched over to playing FLAC files from my PC -> Topping D70 DAC (dual AK4497) -> Loxjie Tube Hybrid (2x 6N3P-E tubes; 4x OPA1622 op-amps) -> ER2XR.
On the track "Nez Perce, by Kori L. Carothers, the piano / synthesizers and Native American flutes & drums / percussion really sounds impressive -

I find etys the most realistic interpretation, I'm not into graphs or curves to be honest as I feel the ear shape and fit will determine a lot too, but I feel or think the ety target is more accurate/realistic than Harman (dont quote me though guys as no expert on curves or graphs and I am not going to respond to any debate lol)
I love my andro they are growing more and more on me with every listen, the detail separation width and depth is stunning and I will pick them up over the 4xr 90 percent of the time but with er4xr I feel that it is slightly (I'm taking ever so) more realistic at times ,more accurate and at times I notice some micro details that I dont notice with andro but we are talking occasionally. But they are more 2 dimensional and the neutrality and cleanliness means they are not as good as the andro for relaxed long term listening....as i said i would take andro over ety but for me the er4xr are probdbly the best pound for pound iem i have listened too , the detail and realism accuracy you get for the price is exceptional, you can pick them up for about 250 on Amazon us and I probably will never sell mine.

Dont buy if bass and depth Is your thing...do if you want bags of detail and realism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back