The Audio Lounge
Nov 13, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #21,286 of 36,081
OK my fellow loungers old Pod's finally figured out he is an Audio Madman and here is just a sampling of his dairy to prove it, any of you that feel confident in his portable Universal iem prowess and want to take a shot at all 19 of these can have a small surprise from Poddy:beerchug:

In the mean time:)

That is too far outside my scope of knowledge, lol. Good luck to those attempting this challenge!

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #21,287 of 36,081
OK my fellow loungers old Pod's finally figured out he is an Audio Madman and here is just a sampling of his dairy to prove it, any of you that feel confident in his portable Universal iem prowess and want to take a shot at all 19 of these can have a small surprise from Poddy:beerchug:

In the mean time:)

i-give-up-ohcono.jpg

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #21,288 of 36,081

You are indeed a madman. I see some Trinity, I see some BGVP, I see some IMR, but no way I can guess most of these.

I'm still mulling cancelling the Tin T4 order... Funny thing is I ordered 2 orders on their site and they emailed me twice saying I won their contest. So I get my first order free AND I get 30$ off next purchase from them... So if I cancel the T4, they make no money off of me whatsoever :D

Nov 13, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #21,289 of 36,081

LOL, killin' me Grouchster:laughing:

@Karendar that sounds like a Win/Win K Man:beerchug: I knew you would have no trouble with TA stuff and I still have 4 - 5 TA's at home plus I have zero KZ's in this photo:open_mouth: I know some of the cable combos will throw people and I'll be lenient as to just the specific model as long as the manufacturer is right:thinking:

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #21,291 of 36,081
Nov 13, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #21,292 of 36,081
OK Fine, I'll just gift myself:rolling_eyes:

Left to right starting with top row: Note: All comments based on Pod's subjectivity:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (We all hear them differently)
R1
1.) ASG Rockets still an amazing micro driver in-cased in Ti
2.) **** 4in1 still a killer hybrid IMO
3.) Noble "X" Great Noble house sound without losing your wallet
4.) Brain Wavz B400's Just incredible especially for $107
5.) Meze Solo Absolute beauty and total refinement and that Aminus person who referred to them as a Turd is entitled to their opinion because their like...................:smiling_imp:
6.) NICEHCK M6 not near as refined as BGVP DMG's but still for the price a nice effort
7.) Trinity Audio (I know for many Hiss, Argh, Bleck) but to me one of the departing designers finest efforts
R2
8.) Toneking Nine (9) Tails smooth as a babies bottom and one might be terribly wrong on assumed fitment:rolling_eyes:
9.) TFZ Original single DD Secret Garden where that DD uses that giant cave to create an intimate sound signature
10. ) Sendiy M1221 and IMHO a highly underrated iem
11.) Advanced M5-1D Possibly (to date) one of the best tuned single DD's I've ever heard period
12.) BGVP DMG Just awesome and the DMS really made little gain (minute) once again IMO
13.) **** HQ12 with the right source one of the finest all BA to be had especially for $300 bones if not over driven
R3
14.) TFZ Queen's and honestly a work of art (and yes) in Pod's opinion
15.) BGVP DM6 a great effort on BGVP's account but I still prefer the DMG even to the DMS but that's just old Shrek ears for ya
16.) LZ A4 to this day one of my all time fave Chi-Fi, ended up liking them more than my departed FLC8s:astonished: (Oh no he Deent)
17.) BGVP DMS Refined on paper but not to my ears but it could have just been what I was drinking on those 10-12 A/B sessions:thinking:
18.) IMR R1 Zenith for me owning 10 TA's and the R1, Zenith is his best effort (mind you I did not try Aten or RAH) cause my brain tells me he is not going to top this and I'm slightly HARD HEADED:smirk:
19.) Kinera IDUN Excellent step up from the Seed's and for a plastic/Acrylic shell very impressive indeed and maybe one of the most beautiful iem's eva! (Pay no attention to the guy behind the curtain):wink: My only regret is I failed to jump in time to get the green wood grain Deluxe version of these:cry:

You're all on your own for the cables as "My Butt Hurts" THX Bevis

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #21,293 of 36,081
While trying to figure out my list I'll take you to some off grid (Actually just old and dating myself again WOW):rolling_eyes:

Who me Eclectic:smirk:

Nov 13, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #21,294 of 36,081
Where are/is everyone today as I was for sure these would be in some of the first WOW's:astonished::confused:

Nov 13, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #21,295 of 36,081
r
Well then I'm sure you are familiar with the "Fish":wink:
Yep know Fischetti and his crew, Rob VW, Rob Trib, the Herzogs etc. all those race guys and gals from the 80's. Basically if they rode a Kawie I probably have met them once or twice.

I will not admit to partying or any lingering knowledge there of, those were crazy days and crazy people. Who knows what we did

I knew 2 brothers in TX via Illinois Darrell and Kenny O maybe related. They were race day tech inspectors for IJSBA way back.

The Ripper there's a name from the past, saw him 2 years ago at Word Finals in Havasu, there's years finals were a mess, horrible winds.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #21,296 of 36,081
That's awesome, surprised you never heard of Johnny's shop. Here's a little background bio of Johnny:wink: He did a lot of mods for Shultz, Anderson, D.L.Wood, Foulkes, Matt Anderson, Clay Ingram and most of the top Texas riders of the day. Johnny actually designed a super charger for the Kawi 550 but never got the full backing and it never got off the ground but we ran some out at lake Travis and he was hitting almost 70mph with them:astonished: You know back then the big hole shot skis were topping in the low to mid 50's.

• JOHN SILVERSTEIN
    2015 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT John Silverstein Nickname: Johnny O, Yano John Silverstein, the eldest of the 4 Silverstein brothers, was born August 1953 in New Jersey to parents Erv and Mildred Silverstein. He moved to Garden Grove, California and attended and graduated Rancho Alamitos High School. He played football, surfed and was a member of the Surf Team. He received the Presidents Physical fitness award. John was into music and took up bass Guitar. He played in several bands while in school. He got involved with Jet Skis in 1973, the first year of the Jet Ski. He and his brother bought a WSAB hull ski in 1974 when they became available for sale to employees. He started work for Kawasaki Motors Corp. USA in 1974. He worked in product testing with the crew based in Carlsbad, California. He moved with the Research and Development crew to Shakopee, Minnesota and worked testing skis in Daytona Beach Florida during winter and Minnetonka, Minnesota during summers through 1980. He moved to Las Vegas with his parents and later moved to Austin, Texas. While in Austin he and Dan Baker started Butch’s West Jet Ski and built skis for many well known racers. In 1987 he started his own Jet Ski business and named it Johnny O’s. That store remained in business until 1993 when Yano moved it to Ormand Beach, Florida and remained there until 1995. At that time Johnny was enticed to go to work for Bombardier, Seadoo. He was hired to work on calibration on pumps and engines. He moved his brother, Doug to Florida and they worked together until John left in 2003. John continued on with Jet Skis, taking Johnny O’s on the road as a mobile service to rental Dealers in the South Florida area, from Daytona though the Keys until 2004. He is still involved with Jet Skis and other PWC’s at a dealer in the Melbourne area. He still plays bass guitar in a band. John was inducted into the IJSBA Jacobsen- Stjernstrom Jet Ski hall of Fame in 2009.

Nov 13, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #21,297 of 36,081
OK Fine, I'll just gift myself:rolling_eyes:

Left to right starting with top row: Note: All comments based on Pod's subjectivity:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (We all hear them differently)
R1
1.) ASG Rockets still an amazing micro driver in-cased in Ti
2.) **** 4in1 still a killer hybrid IMO
3.) Noble "X" Great Noble house sound without losing your wallet
4.) Brain Wavz B400's Just incredible especially for $107
5.) Meze Solo Absolute beauty and total refinement and that Aminus person who referred to them as a Turd is entitled to their opinion because their like...................:smiling_imp:
6.) NICEHCK M6 not near as refined as BGVP DMG's but still for the price a nice effort
7.) Trinity Audio (I know for many Hiss, Argh, Bleck) but to me one of the departing designers finest efforts
R2
8.) Toneking Nine (9) Tails smooth as a babies bottom and one might be terribly wrong on assumed fitment:rolling_eyes:
9.) TFZ Original single DD Secret Garden where that DD uses that giant cave to create an intimate sound signature
10. ) Sendiy M1221 and IMHO a highly underrated iem
11.) Advanced M5-1D Possibly (to date) one of the best tuned single DD's I've ever heard period
12.) BGVP DMG Just awesome and the DMS really made little gain (minute) once again IMO
13.) **** HQ12 with the right source one of the finest all BA to be had especially for $3 bones if not over driven
R3
14.) TFZ Queen's and honestly a work of art (and yes) in Pod's opinion
15.) BGVP DM6 a great effort on BGVP's account but I still prefer the DMG even to the DMS but that's just old Shrek ears for ya
16.) LZ A4 to this day one of my all time fave Chi-Fi, ended up liking them more than my departed FLC8s:astonished: (Oh no he Deent)
17.) BGVP DMS Refined on paper but not to my ears but it could have just been what I was drinking on those 10-12 A/B sessions:thinking:
18.) IMR R1 Zenith for me owning 10 TA's and the R1, Zenith is his best effort (mind you I did not try Aten or RAH) cause my brain tells me he is not going to top this and I'm slightly HARD HEADED:smirk:
19.) Kinera IDUN Excellent step up from the Seed's and for a plastic/Acrylic shell very impressive indeed and maybe one of the most beautiful iem's eva! (Pay no attention to the guy behind the curtain):wink: My only regret is I failed to jump in time to get the green wood grain Deluxe version of these:cry:

You're all on your own for the cables as "My Butt Hurts" THX Bevis

Wait, how do we know you got it right?

how do we know.jpg

Nov 13, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #21,298 of 36,081
Come on, would a guy with hair like this lie uh I mean "get it right":rolling_eyes:

Nov 13, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #21,299 of 36,081
Nov 13, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #21,300 of 36,081
That's awesome, surprised you never heard of Johnny's shop. Here's a little background bio of Johnny:wink: He did a lot of mods for Shultz, Anderson, D.L.Wood, Foulkes, Matt Anderson, Clay Ingram and most of the top Texas riders of the day. Johnny actually designed a super charger for the Kawi 550 but never got the full backing and it never got off the ground but we ran some out at lake Travis and he was hitting almost 70mph with them:astonished: You know back then the big hole shot skis were topping in the low to mid 50's.

• JOHN SILVERSTEIN
    2015 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT John Silverstein Nickname: Johnny O, Yano John Silverstein, the eldest of the 4 Silverstein brothers, was born August 1953 in New Jersey to parents Erv and Mildred Silverstein. He moved to Garden Grove, California and attended and graduated Rancho Alamitos High School. He played football, surfed and was a member of the Surf Team. He received the Presidents Physical fitness award. John was into music and took up bass Guitar. He played in several bands while in school. He got involved with Jet Skis in 1973, the first year of the Jet Ski. He and his brother bought a WSAB hull ski in 1974 when they became available for sale to employees. He started work for Kawasaki Motors Corp. USA in 1974. He worked in product testing with the crew based in Carlsbad, California. He moved with the Research and Development crew to Shakopee, Minnesota and worked testing skis in Daytona Beach Florida during winter and Minnetonka, Minnesota during summers through 1980. He moved to Las Vegas with his parents and later moved to Austin, Texas. While in Austin he and Dan Baker started Butch’s West Jet Ski and built skis for many well known racers. In 1987 he started his own Jet Ski business and named it Johnny O’s. That store remained in business until 1993 when Yano moved it to Ormand Beach, Florida and remained there until 1995. At that time Johnny was enticed to go to work for Bombardier, Seadoo. He was hired to work on calibration on pumps and engines. He moved his brother, Doug to Florida and they worked together until John left in 2003. John continued on with Jet Skis, taking Johnny O’s on the road as a mobile service to rental Dealers in the South Florida area, from Daytona though the Keys until 2004. He is still involved with Jet Skis and other PWC’s at a dealer in the Melbourne area. He still plays bass guitar in a band. John was inducted into theIJSBA Jacobsen- Stjernstrom Jet Ski hall of Fame in 2009.
Knew Doug the best out of the brothers. My now wife knew all those guys fairly well as she worked most of the races. Got some old pics somewhere at home. I was more of a xcross kid but got hooked up with those guys thru Kawasaki. Still know a few that work there but we're all close to retirement now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back