The Audio Lounge
Oct 23, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #20,971 of 36,081
@OldDude04 Nice purge and acquisition. I love the OH500, very smooth. I can't wait for the release of the R3 Pro. I think I need to purge some stuff too. Maybe even selling off the R3? I love that thing so have to wait and see...

Thanks man. I'm looking forward to more of y'all's impressions of the OH500. And I'm really looking forward to the R3 pro but I don't know if I could ever throw the R3 on the purge pile, lol. I've logged more hours on that DAP than any other DAPs I've owned combined. There is just something magical about it's sound and form factor combo. Good luck with your purge bro.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #20,972 of 36,081
WOW: Dangerous

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #20,974 of 36,081
Wow:

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #20,975 of 36,081
WOW Dangerous

First thing that popped into my mind. It started playing in my head:)

Love Warhaus Belgian artist. I think @AverageDude has seen his shows

I will have to also share the title track I hope you enjoy as much as I do... I love the dark tone of the whole album..

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #20,976 of 36,081
Congrats on the sale of the Lolas. If you get a chance you should try the Campfire Polaris 2 bro. They are something I think you'd really like. A fun lively sounding V shaped IEM with a good bit of detail in the upper mids and highs and a very present and capable mid and sub bass. More bass than the IMR R1 but it's somehow cleaner and quicker. They sound better with a wide bore tip, I'm using the Spiral Dots. I love mine enough that they came in Saturday, and since then I've sold my TSMR-3 and DM6. My DM7 and IMR R1 are listed for sale currently. Since I was selling those I went ahead and did a purge and sold my Nighthawk Carbons, X3ii, and AP80 as well.

I'm looking at the Oriveti OH500 or oBravo Cupids to compliment the Polaris 2's and waiting on the Hiby R3 Pro to drop. After that, I'm going to just sit back and enjoy the music. Anyway, hope you find something great to replace the Lolas with.
You went all out on your purge. Nice work. I'm headed in the same direction. I have the LCD-1s incoming and may sell my Sendy Aiyas and other overear headphones. I haven't used some in a while anyway. I'm not unhappy with my current kit, just board. Lol.

I ended up ordering a pair of Fearless Audio Rolands. My curiosity got the best of me last night after I posted. I'm very interested in the estat tweeter. We will see if the hype is real.

The OH500 is a worthy IEM for your ears. I won't rehash what @Richsvt already posted... They are a little light on the bass, and I mean very little. This may be due to the cable I'm using. I'm going to give them a go with my No.5 and see how they roll.

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #20,977 of 36,081
I have to add one more WOW.... this one played at the end of a season 4 episode of Billions. They played the whole song on into the credits. Great exposure for Fred.

I can't even count how many of his shows I have seen... mostly at the Ann Arbor Ark but also one here in the UK...at The Borderline I think.

The first was in 1996 and was a free show at the Ark...a shared bill with another band. He was not as well known to USA audiences then... he is Canadian. He and his bandmates blew onto the stage (RIP Willie P. Bennett) and and played the entire Drive-In-Movie album. None of the banter that he is is usually known and loved for. He made such an impression that much of the audience got up and left during the next act. We were among them... did not want to dilute what had gone before.

Fred Eaglesmith - Dangerous - from the album 6 Volts (2011)

Oct 23, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #20,978 of 36,081

Oct 23, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #20,979 of 36,081
Government free stuff:

government-citizen-free-stuff-that-about-sums-it-up-41891649.png

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #20,980 of 36,081
WOW Dangerous

First thing that popped into my mind. It started playing in my head:)

Love Warhaus Belgian artist. I think @AverageDude has seen his shows

I will have to also share the title track I hope you enjoy as much as I do... I love the dark tone of the whole album..

What a memory! Warhaus is led by one of the previous leaders of the Belgian band Balthazar, which I had the opportunity to see performing live (in France) several months ago.
I must say Warhaus is much more to my liking than Balthazar. Maarten Devoldere (singer and guitarist in both bands) really has something in his voice and his presence onstage.

Oct 23, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #20,982 of 36,081
What a memory! Warhaus is led by one of the previous leaders of the Belgian band Balthazar, which I had the opportunity to see performing live (in France) several months ago.
I must say Warhaus is much more to my liking than Balthazar. Maarten Devoldere (singer and guitarist in both bands) really has something in his voice and his presence onstage.

...and yet, I go into rooms and cannot remember why I went in there....

Big deal. I remember where I live. EVERY day...so far.

Oct 23, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #20,984 of 36,081

Oct 23, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #20,985 of 36,081

Users who are viewing this thread

Back