The Audio Lounge
Jun 29, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #18,391 of 36,081
So just got back from a morning hike and was using the R3 and DMG. About half way, I noticed the right channel got significantly quieter. Thought the cable had come loose from the player (I was fiddling with skipping and volume while in my pocket so could have pulled it loose). Nope. MMCX connector loose? Nope. Balance on R3 got wonky and favored left side? Nope. Finally got home and maybe the cable got weird? Switched to another and was the same. Used a different DAP, the same.

Got despondent as I love this IEM. Then I remembered these came with swappable filters (had the gold ones on). Switched to the blues, Viola! All is right again. Put the gold one back in and used the quiet one on the other side and sure enough, it's the filter. There's not much to the filter, brass enclosure with a top screen. Not sure what would cause this. There's no blockage or deformation on the screen. Anyone who have had the DMG ever witness this? Just strange....

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #18,392 of 36,081
So just got back from a morning hike and was using the R3 and DMG. About half way, I noticed the right channel got significantly quieter. Thought the cable had come loose from the player (I was fiddling with skipping and volume while in my pocket so could have pulled it loose). Nope. MMCX connector loose? Nope. Balance on R3 got wonky and favored left side? Nope. Finally got home and maybe the cable got weird? Switched to another and was the same. Used a different DAP, the same.

Got despondent as I love this IEM. Then I remembered these came with swappable filters (had the gold ones on). Switched to the blues, Viola! All is right again. Put the gold one back in and used the quiet one on the other side and sure enough, it's the filter. There's not much to the filter, brass enclosure with a top screen. Not sure what would cause this. There's no blockage or deformation on the screen. Anyone who have had the DMG ever witness this? Just strange....

Moisture inside it from you sweating? Maybe it will be ok if left to dry... in some rice? :)

Jun 29, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #18,393 of 36,081

Tip stem covering up a part of the filter that had to be left « in open air »?

Jun 29, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #18,394 of 36,081
I couldn't see any where the tip was covering up and it reproduced when I switched to the other side. I will try the rice thing and see if it was moisture. It was pretty humid today. I'll try it out and let you know. Thanks for the suggestions.

Jun 29, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #18,395 of 36,081
I couldn't see any where the tip was covering up and it reproduced when I switched to the other side. I will try the rice thing and see if it was moisture. It was pretty humid today. I'll try it out and let you know. Thanks for the suggestions.

My bet would be moisture. Sudden drop in volume used to be a known issue with the filters on the LZ-A4 - goes away as soon as the filter mesh/material is dry again. Hope that is it!

Jun 29, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #18,397 of 36,081
Question is-long grain or basmati?:grimacing:

Whatever you have? Or, silica gel. I can't even count how many of those we have thrown away over the years. They are in so many packages...even shoes.

Jun 29, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #18,398 of 36,081
Haha wouldn't it be funny if someone thought we meant cooked rice? LOL... cooked sticky rice. Maybe with some Thai Green Curry mixed into it.... I have a red for tonight:)

Jun 29, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #18,400 of 36,081
New dap to play with, I’ve got to say this little player is truly portable and has a sound quality that is getting increasingly awesome album by album and track by track.
Wasn’t too sure about it at first, didn’t sound great but as it’s been playing it’s starting to turn into something wonderful!!!!
Only 70 hours in of the recommended 200 but the 70 hour mark is showing me the potential of this little player.
Now this is going to sound odd, but I’m more impressed with this players sound quality than the Ibasso 208Ti
It has a way better soundstage, better layering, and a depth that creates that 3D kind of stage. This hasn’t even fully burned in yet !!!!
Updated it to the latest firmware and it took all of two minutes to do. Or at least that’s how it felt coming from an Ibasso update!!!!!
Only listening through the 4.4 balanced so far and with my Andro’s. This is combo is pretty dang good so far, no hiss that I can hear apart from occasionally thinking to myself “was that just hissing” but as soon as the thought enters my head, I can no longer hear it. So many recordings will have an audible hiss from old guitar tube amps etc that sometimes it’s hard to work out where it’s coming from. But anyways, as far as the Sony ZX300 pairing goes with Campfire’s Andromeda......no problemo :L3000:
I’ll post some more thoughts once I’ve passed the 200 hour mark of this great little player.

Gah, that's annoyingly good to hear.. I almost pulled the trigger on one of these a few months back..
I think the silver one looks gorgeous and I keep hearing good things about the sound.
Hmm.. Where did you buy yours, and for how much (if you don't mind me asking lol) :)

Jun 29, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #18,401 of 36,081
Gah, that's annoyingly good to hear.. I almost pulled the trigger on one of these a few months back..
I think the silver one looks gorgeous and I keep hearing good things about the sound.
Hmm.. Where did you buy yours, and for how much (if you don't mind me asking lol) :)
Don’t mind at all fella, £480.00 on Amazon. I actually wanted the black one but they only had the silver but I’ve put a silicone case on it and now it’s black lol
I definitely would have put a case on it anyways regardless of colour.
It just sounds so fresh and smooth coming from the DX200 and seriously portable. You could almost get away with putting it in a shirt pocket but wouldn’t advise it lol
You can have a good listen to it in a few weeks at Canjam, or we could hook up before if you like. Work is calming down a bit, wife went back to work on Friday as she’s almost back to normal after her operation on her leg.
So normal service is almost back lol
Got something else for you to listen to as well, something a bit special :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 29, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #18,402 of 36,081
Wait, I wasn't supposed to put the IEM in my side of pilaf? Damn. Hehe. I use the collected silica gels I have amassed. there were so many that i cut open the little bags and distributed to some porous bags that are better sized...that way I don't toss in a million little ones...the rice thing really does work. Worked on a player that took a little dip a number of year ago and came out mostly functional.

Jun 29, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #18,403 of 36,081
Don’t mind at all fella, £480.00 on Amazon. I actually wanted the black one but they only had the silver but I’ve put a silicone case on it and now it’s black lol
I definitely would have put a case on it anyways regardless of colour.
It just sounds so fresh and smooth coming from the DX200 and seriously portable. You could almost get away with putting it in a shirt pocket but wouldn’t advise it lol
You can have a good listen to it in a few weeks at Canjam, or we could hook up before if you like. Work is calming down a bit, wife went back to work on Friday as she’s almost back to normal after her operation on her leg.
So normal service is almost back lol
Got something else for you to listen to as well, something a bit special :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

"Ambassador, with zeez Rocher you are really spoiling us!" :D
I shall be in touch :p

Jun 29, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #18,404 of 36,081
By the way, if anyone is interested in the iBasso AMP9, I understand it has now gone live on the iBasso website and elsewhere :)

Jun 29, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #18,405 of 36,081
I just tried to buy a used ZX300 from a trustworthy Head-Fi-er, but he regretfully said he's based in the USA and will only ship to USA because he doesn't want to deal with customs.

Are there any Loungers from USA who'd be willing to help me out by receiving it and then sending it on to me?

Actually, before that, they might also let me know what the whole 'customs' hassle is about and how that might impact you and I?
It may turn out to not be worth it.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back