The Audio Lounge
Jun 25, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #18,169 of 36,081
Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd...
My favourite music is that that was made in the 70´s (my wife tells me I am only listening to music for elderly even though I am « only » 39).
But hey, just think about it! On top of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, you had then: Neil Young, early ZZ Top, the Eagles, Paul (and Linda) McCartney (and Wings), the *real* AC/DC (Bon Scott era), Jethro Tull, early Clash, the Sex Pistols, Stevie Wonder, Black Sabbath, Genesis (especially Peter Gabriel era), early Talking Heads, Kraftwerk, Derek and the Dominos, some excellent Clapton albums, ...
Best decade in my opinion, my favourite anyway

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #18,171 of 36,081
Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd...
My favourite music is that that was made in the 70´s (my wife tells me I am only listening to music for elderly even though I am « only » 39).
But hey, just think about it! On top of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, you had then: Neil Young, early ZZ Top, the Eagles, Paul (and Linda) McCartney (and Wings), the *real* AC/DC (Bon Scott era), Jethro Tull, early Clash, the Sex Pistols, Stevie Wonder, Black Sabbath, Genesis (especially Peter Gabriel era), early Talking Heads, Kraftwerk, Derek and the Dominos, some excellent Clapton albums, ...
Best decade in my opinion, my favourite anyway
I like 60s 70s too and some 80s things start to dwindle a bit after that but not all... Radiohead, the smiths, Depeche mode... Awesome.

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #18,172 of 36,081
I like 60s 70s too and some 80s things start to dwindle a bit after that but not all... Radiohead, the smiths, Depeche mode... Awesome.
There are a great deal of stuff I love after the 70s; aside from those you mentioned, on top of my mind:
80s: Joy Division, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Dire Straits, Siouxsie and the Banshees, the Cure, Wire, ...
90s: Nirvana, obviously, Pearl Jam, Modest Mouse, Skunk Anansie, Rammstein, Ben Harper, early Foo Fighters, ...
2000s: System of a Down, Queens of the Stone Age and the whole rebirth of alt-rock: The Killers, the Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Sufjan Stevens, ...
It is only with later years that I am startingbto lose my mojo. Lately, only Idles, Parquet Courts and Fontaines DC are the ones who’ve shaken me the most.
PS: I just realised I didn’t mention one of the absolute gods of the 70s in my initial post: DAVID BOWIE!!!

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #18,173 of 36,081
There are a great deal of stuff I love after the 70s; aside from those you mentioned, on top of my mind:
80s: Joy Division, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Dire Straits, Siouxsie and the Banshees, the Cure, Wire, ...
90s: Nirvana, obviously, Pearl Jam, Modest Mouse, Skunk Anansie, Rammstein, Ben Harper, early Foo Fighters, ...
2000s: System of a Down, Queens of the Stone Age and the whole rebirth of alt-rock: The Killers, the Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Sufjan Stevens, ...
It is only with later years that I am startingbto lose my mojo. Lately, only Idles, Parquet Courts and Fontaines DC are the ones who’ve shaken me the most.
PS: I just realised I didn’t mention one of the absolute gods of the 70s in my initial post: DAVID BOWIE!!!

You have picked out some greats there.. The strokes, nirvana, joy division, the cure queen's of the Stone age all fantastic... You haven't lost your mojo lol

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #18,174 of 36,081
You have picked out some greats there.. The strokes, nirvana, joy division, the cure queen's of the Stone age all fantastic... You haven't lost your mojo lol
Thanks for the kind words... I especially meant in the 2010s
By the way, you mentioned Depeche Mode earlier... it is only since a couple of years that I came to appreciate them! I thought these were one of the stupid boys band of the 80s until I gave them a serious listen.
As a matter of a fact, I was listening to Some Great Reward and Music For The Masses while commuting no later than this morning :wink:

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #18,175 of 36,081
By the way, you mentioned Depeche Mode earlier... it is only since a couple of years that I came to appreciate them! I thought these were one of the stupid boys band of the 80s until I gave them a serious listen.
As a matter of a fact, I was listening to Some Great Reward and Music For The Masses while commuting no later than this morning :wink:

They did have a bit of that image in the 80s but there music is far from it.

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #18,176 of 36,081
Listening to the smiths right now

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #18,180 of 36,081
BTO is great. All this great rock posted up here today makes me want to go make a playlist.
Randy had a recording studio in his house and would have a bunch of rock bands come in and out to record with him. This was back in the 70s. I meet all kinds of famous people. I was just a kid though and can't remember everyone. I do remember meeting the Beach Boys......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back