The Audio Lounge
Nov 12, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #12,226 of 36,104
Decided to see what all I had boxes for in case the purge became a reality. I'm 95% sure I'm going to sell off most of my gear and keep just a single dac/amp/headphone setup and single phone-dap/amp/iem setup.

purge.jpg

Nov 12, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #12,227 of 36,104
All this talk of old, I'm 61 so got you all beat at least the ones I can remember:astonished:.

@Midgetguy got my EOZ Airs came technically Friday but the Mailman delivered them next door and they brought them over as I washing cars Saturday AM. Instantly paired and listened had a ton of dropouts but let them charge overnight and been good since. Sonically as expected for true wireless, still not what good IEMS provide but they work, work really well for phone calls when out and about, again car washing and yard work, walks etc.. I was going to gift them since they came after what I intended to use them for, long vacation in September, thinking I'm actually going to keep them in the car for use when I need them. Overall decent not great but they do what they said they would and they are a metric ton better then my non functional Trinity's. Going to try pairing to my TV's at home so I can watch while the wifey sleeps as I am an insomniac and the slightest noise wakes her. I've got pretty good at lip reading over the years

I will be purging too, probably downsizing really soon, getting laid off Sept 2019 is my end date,company got sold and no IT function going forward to newco. Actually blessing in disguise got too complacent and lazy the last 10 years. Mine is not a big purge just a hand bag of earbuds and iem's, maybe my mojo and iFi Nano DSD as I am pretty much very portable anymore (VE Odyssey and a small USB SSD drive thru my laptop). Going very simple in life but not touching my desktop rig.

61? Ah your just a kid.

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #12,228 of 36,104
Decided to see what all I had boxes for in case the purge became a reality. I'm 95% sure I'm going to sell off most of my gear and keep just a single dac/amp/headphone setup and single phone-dap/amp/iem setup.

Wow, that's quite a challenge. I would be caught second guessing myself every step of the way.

Nov 12, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #12,229 of 36,104
Wow, that's quite a challenge. I would be caught second guessing myself every step of the way.

I just didn't realize how much stuff it was until I started gathering the boxes. Then it started to look like a department store display window full of stuff and I just shook my head and walked out of the room, lol. I think seeing all the boxes and realizing how much of it I actually use is making me less likely to second guess myself. The purge is real :moneybag:.

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #12,230 of 36,104

Hey that's a good idea. I currently only have one portable AMP, Phone and multiple IEMs. It's easier for me since I don't have to pick what I want to carry everyday :p

Also the smoke from the Paradise and Magalia fire is seeping all over and around where I live. I had to give some money to some friends who live there and fled.
Screenshot_20181112-185011_Firefox.jpg

Nov 12, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #12,231 of 36,104
Hey that's a good idea. I currently only have one portable AMP, Phone and multiple IEMs. It's easier for me since I don't have to pick what I want to carry everyday :p

Also the smoke from the Paradise and Magalia fire is seeping all over and around where I live. I had to give some money to some friends who live there and fled.

Nice of you to have your friend's backs during the crappy situation out there right now.

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #12,233 of 36,104
Managed to listen to the LCD2C - Classics & Sundara the other day. I prefer the LCD2C, sounded more natural and full, due to the warmer sound signature. Sundara's do hold up to faster music such as metal, but it just sounds thinner compared to the LCD2Cs.... Was pretty sold to get the LCD2C next...

Until I heard the Clears.

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #12,234 of 36,104
Well, I sold a couple headphones this morning to some friends and I ordered the one desktop amp I'm going to use (Emotiva A-100) so I guess the purge has begun. Over the next week I'll be taking pics and reboxing all the stuff to sell, I am not looking forward to that part at all :anguished:.

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #12,235 of 36,104
Thanks a lot!

If you do a massive purge, let us now what gear you chose to keep!

I know 99% of what I'm keeping/using. For my desktop setup I'm gonna use Grace SDAC >> Emotiva A-100 amp >> Monolith M1060. And if I like the Verum 1 headphones that I backed on Kickstarter that come in early 2019 I'll probably keep those. For my portable/work setup I'm keeping my V30 >> Cayin C5 setup but I'm not sure if I'll keep the IMR R1 as my IEM or get the BGVP DM6 I'm looking at. I know I'm selling off all the other IEMs though.

I saw that you had the DM6, what are your impressions? Any cons so far?

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #12,236 of 36,104
All this talk of old, I'm 61 so got you all beat at least the ones I can remember:astonished:.

@Midgetguy got my EOZ Airs came technically Friday but the Mailman delivered them next door and they brought them over as I washing cars Saturday AM. Instantly paired and listened had a ton of dropouts but let them charge overnight and been good since. Sonically as expected for true wireless, still not what good IEMS provide but they work, work really well for phone calls when out and about, again car washing and yard work, walks etc.. I was going to gift them since they came after what I intended to use them for, long vacation in September, thinking I'm actually going to keep them in the car for use when I need them. Overall decent not great but they do what they said they would and they are a metric ton better then my non functional Trinity's. Going to try pairing to my TV's at home so I can watch while the wifey sleeps as I am an insomniac and the slightest noise wakes her. I've got pretty good at lip reading over the years

I will be purging too, probably downsizing really soon, getting laid off Sept 2019 is my end date,company got sold and no IT function going forward to newco. Actually blessing in disguise got too complacent and lazy the last 10 years. Mine is not a big purge just a hand bag of earbuds and iem's, maybe my mojo and iFi Nano DSD as I am pretty much very portable anymore (VE Odyssey and a small USB SSD drive thru my laptop). Going very simple in life but not touching my desktop rig.
Yeah, they're pretty much all I can expect in sound quality out of fully wireless earphones. Pretty good for what they are in those regards. The Bragi Headphone is still far and away the best fitting truly wireless IEM for me, but sound quality is nothing compared to either the Liberty+ or the EOZ Air. Wireless sound has come a long way. I've been reaching for these ever since I got them when I'm doing random chores around the apartment. It's not that big, so I don't even have to keep my iPod on me, it can stay on my bed in my room with zero connection problems.

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #12,237 of 36,104
Managed to listen to the LCD2C - Classics & Sundara the other day. I prefer the LCD2C, sounded more natural and full, due to the warmer sound signature. Sundara's do hold up to faster music such as metal, but it just sounds thinner compared to the LCD2Cs.... Was pretty sold to get the LCD2C next...

Until I heard the Clears.
Listen to a pair of iBasso SR-1s. You won't be disappointed.

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #12,238 of 36,104

Unfortunately it's pretty hard to get a pair to try here. Limited by choice.

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #12,239 of 36,104

Are they that good? Looked at the design and they seem pretty similar to the AQ Nighthawk with the semi open grille, the rubber surround and big biocellulose drivers. Nighthawk are of of my all-time favourite pieces of audio gear, so naturally quite interested in the SR1! How do they stack up to the LCD2?

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #12,240 of 36,104
Are they that good? Looked at the design and they seem pretty similar to the AQ Nighthawk with the semi open grille, the rubber surround and big biocellulose drivers. Nighthawk are of of my all-time favourite pieces of audio gear, so naturally quite interested in the SR1! How do they stack up to the LCD2?
Yes they are that good. I think they are my best set of headphones. They are by far the most natural sounding headphone I've used. I own the LCD-2 aluminum version. I think the SR-1s are much better. The detail on LCD-2 just doesn't compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back