The Audio Lounge
Jul 8, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #8,821 of 36,037
Wife and son went to King's Dominion (Theme park) yesterday morning. Spent yesterday labeling cases and storage containers for iem and tips. Then a Walking Dead season 5 marathon.

I put the medium KZ Starline tips back on The KZ ZS10. My seal is good and not slipping like my spiral dots stuffed with foam.

Today is a blues morning. Picked up the new Buddy Guy cd and Keb' Mo's first album. The ZS10 sound great with these two albums. Keb MO is mainly acoustic and the ZS10 presents a great timbre on the acoustic guitar.

Buddy's new album is solid all the way Through. Love that elder statesman of the blues!

Happy Sunday. Coffee and blues.
Kings Dominion, went there nearly 40 years ago. For a young lad from London it was amazing as at the time the U.K. had nothing like that at all !!!
Have they still got the wooden roller coaster, a real bone shaker. Fantastic ride :ksc75smile:

Jul 8, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #8,822 of 36,037
Ok I have had a very quick listen to the audio on the huawei p20 pro with the re600v2, it doesn't touch any of my daps for audio quality , it is better than my galaxy s7 and through speakers for a phone it's great.
I haven't tried any flac or hires files yet and just played YouTube videos but so far I will be sticking with my little cayin n3 for on the go :relaxed: ...did buy the phone as a phone so not too worried.

As a phone I'm pretty impressed.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #8,823 of 36,037
Good for you, @majo123
There are so many people I see that want to use their phone as an entertainment platform. I was of that mindset a long time ago. I went to separate music devices and never looked back. My kids make fun of me when I ask if the Switch can play HiRes music (it can't, for now) and say that you have a number of devices that can play that music. It is the opportunity to have it all in one hand.

I use my phone for talking and texting. Sometimes as a camera and sometimes as a browser. I relish time with my DAPs and the sound they deliver. I get weird looks when I say I use my phone as a phone...old school habits.

Jul 8, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #8,824 of 36,037
Good for you, @majo123
There are so many people I see that want to use their phone as an entertainment platform. I was of that mindset a long time ago. I went to separate music devices and never looked back. My kids make fun of me when I ask if the Switch can play HiRes music (it can't, for now) and say that you have a number of devices that can play that music. It is the opportunity to have it all in one hand.

I use my phone for talking and texting. Sometimes as a camera and sometimes as a browser. I relish time with my DAPs and the sound they deliver. I get weird looks when I say I use my phone as a phone...old school habits.

The n3 is great for on the go and awesome sound to boot, until they bring phones out that can beat it it's the way it stays for me.

Camera is amazing on the p20 pro

Jul 8, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #8,825 of 36,037
Good for you, @majo123

My kids laugh at me also....until I threaten to shut down the internet as I don’t need it in the same way they do lol. They can’t remember life without it!!!
Bit like England being in a World Cup semi final.....they’ve never experienced that either.

Jul 8, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #8,826 of 36,037
@KEV G
I feel like you and I would have been really good friends if we had lived closer, or at the very least, solid neighbors.
Thank god for this site, cheers to you.

Jul 8, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #8,829 of 36,037
Kings Dominion, went there nearly 40 years ago. For a young lad from London it was amazing as at the time the U.K. had nothing like that at all !!!
Have they still got the wooden roller coaster, a real bone shaker. Fantastic ride :ksc75smile:
Yes. They have a ton of roller coasters now. Even the newest one they opened is wood. It is called Twisted Timbers. They have all makes and models of coasters.

My favorite is the Volcano. You shoot straight up as soon as it starts, like lava.

But my absolute favorite thing to do is sit down somewhere in the shade, listen to music, and watch people. (Kings Dominion, Disney World, wherever)

My travel rig is an iPod nano 6g>RSA Predator > iem. I had been using the Trinity Icarus 3,but now I'm moving towards the KZ ZS5.

I love the smart play lists on apple, but that is all. And MP3 gain works well normalizing the volume.

Jul 9, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #8,831 of 36,037
Football!

AR-160419680.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667
I notice he's using his hands not his feet? Also the "ball" is shaped like an egg. Not football
:grinning:

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #8,833 of 36,037
I have seen them live 3 times, they never ever fail to put on one of the best shows you'll ever see (so long as you like your music loud, and your stage on fire)

Well who doesn't?

rammstein.jpg

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #8,835 of 36,037

Users who are viewing this thread

Back