The Audio Lounge
Apr 23, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #14,596 of 36,081
Apr 23, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #14,597 of 36,081
Apr 24, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #14,600 of 36,081
I will add one more before the Word of the Week changes to the new one... I was sure someone would do this one.

Just found this old original classic British video...love it.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #14,601 of 36,081
Just wondering, how have tube amplifiers fared for you guys if you've used them before.

I used to think tube amps overly warmed and muddled up the sound but now that I've gotten iems/headphones that are more and more detailed, they are more enjoyable than I remember.

Thoughts?
I've been using a Schitt Vali 2 for a couple of years now, only uses a single tube and is relatively cheap. Use it to drive either Sennheiser HD6XX or IMR R1 mostly and have no issues with either (though the iems don't require me to turn the volume up much at all, only use the first quarter of the wheel).

This particular unit is only a heaphone / iem amp but does have a RCA output if you want to use it as a pre amp which I have done to a set of powered speakers (though how much this affects the sound I wouldn't know, I just like using it to control the volume on my PC speakers).

I'm personally enjoying the sound and don't notice any muddled sound and prefer the warmth it adds to the sound.

Apr 24, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #14,602 of 36,081
The one thing toobs have always done in spades is warmth and decay. Nothing like a long drawn out sustained chord or one that fades to that ever so slight crackle ending:thumbsup:

Excellent musical choices this morning team MB/Panda:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: come to stink of it I’m thinking it may not be morning for everyone!

Apr 24, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #14,603 of 36,081
WOW:

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #14,604 of 36,081
Pods a rockin' this morning, my favorite band in high school! Rock with a funky edge by the Galley brothers and Dave Hollands drums were a real toe tapper and of course Glenn Hughes is right up their with the best rock voices ever:thumbsup:

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #14,605 of 36,081
I've been using a Schitt Vali 2 for a couple of years now, only uses a single tube and is relatively cheap. Use it to drive either Sennheiser HD6XX or IMR R1 mostly and have no issues with either (though the iems don't require me to turn the volume up much at all, only use the first quarter of the wheel).

This particular unit is only a heaphone / iem amp but does have a RCA output if you want to use it as a pre amp which I have done to a set of powered speakers (though how much this affects the sound I wouldn't know, I just like using it to control the volume on my PC speakers).

I'm personally enjoying the sound and don't notice any muddled sound and prefer the warmth it adds to the sound.
The IMR-R1 should pair quite well though I may not like the 6XX pairing.

The two tube amps I have are the Bravo audio ocean and the WA-7. The budget bravo audio tube amp is quite poor with most gear while the WA-7 has just the right warmth (but still lacks bass extension) . Perhaps its the implementation rather than the tech?

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #14,606 of 36,081
WOW: Born

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back