The Audio Lounge
Mar 9, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #13,501 of 36,064
One last song to post, just really digging this sound.

Mar 9, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #13,502 of 36,064
On the topic of portable amp, I am doing a demo of Periodic Audio's new tiny Nickel amp. Running it through some set-ups and seeing how it works. Gotta say, for its size (about the size of a 9V battery) it can really punch out the volume.

Here it is strapped to the N5ii and listening to the AQ NightOwls

Here attached to the X3ii and running the TFZ Queen.
But at that size, how long does the battery last before needing another top-up?

Mar 9, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #13,503 of 36,064

What if it has a small Flux Capacitor power source? :ksc75smile:

Mar 9, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #13,507 of 36,064

I think that it was said that it was expected that you should get 10-12 hours. I'll let you know from my tests...

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #13,508 of 36,064
Well, will be getting the MS4 in april... Will keep everyone posted

I ended up getting the MS1 from their campaign - mainly because I wanted all the additional accessories like the USB Cable and Bluetooth cables, so went for the cheaper actual IEM. Been busy reviewing a lot of single DDs, so will be good to see where Hidizs fit into the current sub-$200 landscape. Hoping their cable used the same DAC chip as the Sonata II, as use that with my Pocophone F1 and it sounds excellent.

Got some nice toys arriving / arrived recently a little higher up the food chain, too - currently listening to the AKG N5005 (sub bass monster) and the R1Zenith (very good), and the Dunu DK-4001 should be landing next week. Had a very good few weeks with deals!

Sadly the law of balancing your finances states that two of them will be leaving soon if I want to carry on eating, but looking forward to seeing what the current higher end hybrid market sounds like. :wink:

Mar 10, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #13,509 of 36,064
I ended up getting the MS1 from their campaign - mainly because I wanted all the additional accessories like the USB Cable and Bluetooth cables, so went for the cheaper actual IEM. Been busy reviewing a lot of single DDs, so will be good to see where Hidizs fit into the current sub-$200 landscape. Hoping their cable used the same DAC chip as the Sonata II, as use that with my Pocophone F1 and it sounds excellent.

Got some nice toys arriving / arrived recently a little higher up the food chain, too - currently listening to the AKG N5005 (sub bass monster) and the R1Zenith (very good), and the Dunu DK-4001 should be landing next week. Had a very good few weeks with deals!

Sadly the law of balancing your finances states that two of them will be leaving soon if I want to carry on eating, but looking forward to seeing what the current higher end hybrid market sounds like. :wink:

It's only a problem when your stomach gurgling is loud enough to disturb the music.

Mar 10, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #13,510 of 36,064

Nice! We'll have both sides of the spectre to give impressions. I decided to avoid the BT cable only for the fact it doesn't support aptx-hd and that I already have two bluewave gets... Still have one for sale that I can't find a taker for.

Mar 10, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #13,512 of 36,064
Mar 10, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #13,514 of 36,064
I notice that HiBy doesn't mention how long you can use the W5 between charges.

But, the W5 specs do say:
Internal Battery = 150mAh
Battery Case = 1000mAh
Playing Time (including Case) = 20 hours
So, 1150mAh of charge will last 20 hours.
150 is 13% of 1150, which means that the W5 will play for ~2.6 hours, before going back in the case to charge again.
The Charging Time is listed as ~1.5 hours.
If all those times are accurate, the W5 can be used for ~6 hours during a 9 hour workday (including 1 hr Lunch Break).

My fully charged Radsone ES100 will work pretty much the whole day, without having to recharge - but if needed, it can be used while it's plugged into the USB cable to charge (it's just not portable while charging).

Mar 10, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #13,515 of 36,064
I notice that HiBy doesn't mention how long you can use the W5 between charges.

But, the W5 specs do say:
Internal Battery = 150mAh
Battery Case = 1000mAh
Playing Time (including Case) = 20 hours
So, 1150mAh of charge will last 20 hours.
150 is 13% of 1150, which means that the W5 will play for ~2.6 hours, before going back in the case to charge again.
The Charging Time is listed as ~1.5 hours.
If all those times are accurate, the W5 can be used for ~6 hours during a 9 hour workday (including 1 hr Lunch Break).

My fully charged Radsone ES100 will work pretty much the whole day, without having to recharge - but if needed, it can be used while it's plugged into the USB cable to charge (it's just not portable while charging).

Reading reviews, they say about 4-5 hours autonomy... So theoretically, you charge it once throughout the day. I get 6 hours out of my bluewave get, which is usually fine for me. What would have been great is if the charging case kept the 3.5mm jack available... Because same with the bluewave get, it works while plugged in, which lets me use it during the day and only use the battery while on the road

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back