The Audio Lounge
Feb 7, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #13,323 of 36,385
Boy am I glad I didn't skip that 2-min ad on Youtube cuz it led me to Akatsuki and Beams from Hiromitsu Agatsuma's NuTRAD album. I've never heard a shamisen in anything other than a more traditional style so the way it's combined into modern future bass and electronic in those two tracks was mindblowing. I'm easily entertained :D

On another note, I have made my first audio purchase of 2019! Took longer than I thought :p. I'm joining that Massdrop for the Tin Audio T3. I was interested in getting the T2 at one point, but never ended up doing it. By all accounts, the T2 was fantastic and I've already seen one review noting the T3 is an improvement of the T2 in the right way. I lament that it doesn't come with a carrying case, but that's an easy problem to solve anyway.

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #13,324 of 36,385
Just got the new Fiio FA1 and hooked to the M5S. Still trying to get used the signature. Lean bass but very detailed. Will offer a comparison to the TFZ Queen and the IT01 (all for the same cost) a little later. Need to get my head around what I am hearing. I like it so far. Changed to cable as I hate those stiff ear hooks...
upload_2019-2-7_20-20-40.png

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #13,326 of 36,385
Back in 1998, Sambaxé (Brazilian Percussion & Dancers) and the Silver Thistle Pipes and Drums, from Austin, TX, joined forces and recorded a CD called Brazil.
I found, and bought, the CD 10 years ago, at the Things Celtic shop in Austin.
There aren't any tracks from the album on YouTube, but here's part of a live performance they did at the Dog and Duck Pub in Austin, on St. Patrick's Day 1997 -

Feb 14, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #13,329 of 36,385
So, on Monday I agreed to do the Word of the Week for Groucho. I almost did it on Tuesday because I thought it was Wednesday. Then on Wednesday I thought it was Tuesday... lol. So, today (Thursday) I will pretend it is Wednesay:) This is what happens when your spouse works swing shift. Today FEELS like Friday. We never know what day it is when he is off work.

WOW - Sky

This played at the end of the Ray Donovan episode that we just finished watching with our brunch... I sound hounded it.

Grandaddy - So you'll aim toward the sky (HD) (The Sophtware Slump 2000)

Feb 14, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #13,330 of 36,385

Users who are viewing this thread

Back