The Audio Lounge
Jul 18, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #9,076 of 36,155
While all of you that are attending London canjam are busy enjoying yourselves I will be staying in waiting from 7 til 7 on Saturday (this is the time slot) for a new cooker to be fitted, i also have the mother of all summer colds.
even more ironically I could of possibly have gone now as the commitment that was planned months ago has fallen through, anyone that is going could they take pity on the sick and deprived and try hifiman Ananda and sundara for me and it would be even better if they owned 400i to compare Sundara with :blush:
One or two hot toddies Sunday morning should ease You’re symptoms enough to get you through the train journey and when you get there you may just get distracted from your cold by all that shiny stuff :ksc75smile:

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #9,078 of 36,155
One or two hot toddies Sunday morning should ease You’re symptoms enough to get you through the train journey and when you get there you may just get distracted from your cold by all that shiny stuff :ksc75smile:

Don't think toddys are going to shift this one , 3 people phoned in sick at work it's that bad! and I'm sort of tea total very rare for me nowadays.
Besides with all the recent things going wrong at home , fridge , cooker, sofa moneys a bit tight and if I'm going to canjam I need some spends! Would be gutted not being able to buy.
I will definitely come and check out your Andros though when things settle down a bit or as you said if your near Bournemouth and I will buy you lunch.

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #9,079 of 36,155
DX150 and DX200

20180718_174808.jpg

Always a tough comparison even when they are using different amp modules (DX150-AMP6, DX200-AMP1).

Very very similar sound when volume matched. The difference is almost unnoticeable on a lot of tracks.

Anybody ever tried A/Bing the two?

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #9,080 of 36,155
:disappointed_relieved: wish I was going.

Me too.

I would have to take a train into London alone... Sunday service is bad from here. Who knows if there would even be a train home. My husband is lucky to be in London for the weekend...well, except for the work part... nightshifts. He better win me a doorprize!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #9,081 of 36,155
Me too.

I would have to take a train into London alone... Sunday service is bad from here. Who knows if there would even be a train home. My husband is lucky to be in London for the weekend...well, except for the work part... nightshifts. He better win me a doorprize!

Thats the other thing the trains are a nightmare at the moment and I live in Bournemouth, really don't want to get stuck or major delays .

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #9,082 of 36,155
DX150 and DX200

Always a tough comparison even when they are using different amp modules (DX150-AMP6, DX200-AMP1).

Very very similar sound when volume matched. The difference is almost unnoticeable on a lot of tracks.

Anybody ever tried A/Bing the two?

Agree with you. The difference between these two daps are not that big. I've had both and kept the DX150. I think you nailed it with "volume match". :)

That said I think the DX200 has more potential with extreme high res tracks, high quality headphones etc. But still, imo, you need to be an analytical listener to really enjoy the subtle differences.

I often struggle to hear these "big" differences in (quality) daps, though I have no problems hearing big differences in my headphones.

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #9,083 of 36,155
I often struggle to hear these "big" differences in (quality) daps, though I have no problems hearing big differences in my headphones

Not that I have tested every dap or headphone but from what I have read and owned as you get higher up the ladder with daps the differences on the whole are subtle, it seems on many a review I have read that a lot of mid tier daps get quoted as being 90 percent of this dap or that dap at a third of the price and you are paying for that little bit extra, but it's worth it sometimes.

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #9,084 of 36,155
Agree with you. The difference between these two daps are not that big. I've had both and kept the DX150. I think you nailed it with "volume match". :)

That said I think the DX200 has more potential with extreme high res tracks, high quality headphones etc. But still, imo, you need to be an analytical listener to really enjoy the subtle differences.

I often struggle to hear these "big" differences in (quality) daps, though I have no problems hearing big differences in my headphones.

Hey I noticed your from Denmark , i lived in Nyborg and Arhus also for a little while , lovely country lovely people and I regret leaving to come back to England....fond memories.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #9,085 of 36,155
Hey I noticed your from Denmark , i lived in Nyborg and arhus also for a little while , lovely country lovely people and I regret leaving to come back to England....fond memories.

:) Thanks.

I live in Copenhagen. Compared to England/London Denmark and Copenhagen are small and maybe a bit provincial. Nyborg is a small town :).

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #9,086 of 36,155
:) Thanks.

I live in Copenhagen. Compared to England/London Denmark and Copenhagen are small and maybe a bit provincial. Nyborg is a small town :).

It is but I genuinely loved living there, it took a bit of getting used too at first coming from a large town.
It was over 20 years ago I lived in Denmark and often wonder what it's like now , I remember going to bars in Odense and also walking through the ww2 bunkers lined along the beach at skagen which was a fantastic experience.
I did plan on going back for a visit but just never seemed to happen.

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #9,087 of 36,155

And analytical listener I am :D . I can definitely tell between the two using my test tracks but for the majority of music nowadays the difference is not very big. The treble on the DX200 is slightly more refined and resolving, sub-base extension is better, notes have more bite and so on.

I would like to see how close the two are if the same amp modules are used as I personally think my impressions reflect the difference between AMP1 and AMP6 more than the Daps themselves.

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #9,088 of 36,155
Also had the chance to try out the IT04

20180718_192020.jpg

Really enjoyed it but I would have liked more crunch and a more tactile sound in the bass and mids. They were a little too smooth for my liking but someone on the IT04 thread pointed out that I should try them with silver cables. Then again, maybe it was because of my Opus metal which is a little warm.

Can anyone share their experience with cable rolling?

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #9,089 of 36,155
Not sure what kind of dark arts are going on inside Ibasso’s Amp 8, but it’s making my Andromeda sound like it’s just had DD added :ksc75smile: When the bass hits, it feels like it’s moving air like a DD and Vega like. This is awesome and only about 20 hours on the Amp so far !!! The bass has a real texture to it, Discrete Circuitry indeed :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back