The Audio Lounge
Aug 5, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #27,556 of 36,115
Always giving my age away, however those Hank numbers were just a hair before my time. May have even sparked my creation:scream:

Aug 5, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #27,557 of 36,115
One of my personal faves:grin: May have already been posted:rolling_eyes:

Aug 5, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #27,558 of 36,115
Hmm, not seen it but figured Mary may have posted this one:wink:

Aug 5, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #27,559 of 36,115
OK, got one more off the top of me cranium:stuck_out_tongue:

Aug 5, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #27,561 of 36,115
WOW:
First up, a rabble-rousing hit by Morrissey, it's 'Irish Blood, English Heart'.
It rocks like a landslide onto a field of boulders; strap yourselves in and enjoy :)

Next up, a feel-good one-hit-wonder (to the best of my knowledge) from the 80's (I'm certain about this fact lol), here's Aztec Camera with the classic 'Somewhere in my heart'
"You can't buy time but you can sell your soul, and the closest thing to heaven is to rock 'n' roll" :D

And to finish up, a great song that you've probably never heard of, by an English alt-rock band of the 80's/90's who never quite made it.
Presenting "Into the Heart of Love" by the Black Country's finest, 'The Mighty Lemon Drops' (perhaps the name had something to do with the fact that they never made it big, haha) :D
But anyway, this song is a joyous rush of happy rock; please enjoy :)

Aug 5, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #27,562 of 36,115
Ok just cause no ones hit this yet

Aug 5, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #27,564 of 36,115
To many hearts but again just cause no one hit this

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #27,565 of 36,115
Aug 5, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #27,566 of 36,115
Oops

Aug 5, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #27,567 of 36,115
@GearMe -Only Love Can Break Your Heart- One on my favorite Neil Young songs. I can listen to it over and over again.

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #27,568 of 36,115
A variation on the main theme tune for the English TV series 'Heartbeat'.

I never willing watched it but was subjected to it if I dared enter the TV room. Yes, in those days most of us only had one TV. When we got a second TV, it was usually dominated by the other parent or an older sibling.

BTW, I spared you the Nick Berry version, so please be thankful! :ksc75smile:

And again, I never willingly watched the 'Hart to Hart' TV series. But on a cold, dark Winter's night with F-all else to do, I admit that I might have caught a few glimpses of it.

and pushing the boundaries of the heart into love for evermore! :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #27,569 of 36,115
Well, what the heck, it's Friday, so I got a few more for the WOW :)

There's been so many great songs already posted, but with a word like 'heart', there's always room for a few more :D
To the best of my knowledge, none of these have already been posted (fingers crossed!)

Here's a lesser-known gem from U2 that I've loved a long time; it's 'Heartland'.
Someone in the comments described it as combining the best aspects of The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree sounds, which I think sums it up pretty nicely :)

Next up is a song from an album I've loved for a couple of decades since I first heard it.
It's Cher, perhaps surprisingly :sweat_smile:
I can't even remember how I first stumbled across it, but aside from 'I got you, babe' and her later appearance in the film Mermaids (and 'The Shoop-Shoop song'), I didn't really know anything by her. But I think this album actually has a tonne of great tracks on it and it's been a regular on my playlists since forever. I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already.
I just feel some real heart, soul and connection to many of the songs, despite their somewhat cheesy pop nature.
This one's 'Heart of Stone':

And finally, another all time favourite of mine, from Simon & Garfunkel's 1981 'Concert in the Park', it's 'A Heart in New York'.

I first heard this album from my parents as a child. The thing is, I didn't really have any knowledge of Simon & Garfunkel at the time.
So all these songs, I only ever learned from this album. And later on, when I did hear some of the original recorded versions, I found I much preferred the live versions from this concert. I suppose it was just conditioning, but I've never really listened to any Simon & Garfunkel albums yet. Maybe afraid to be disappointed?!
Feel free to correct me and/or make recommendations :)

But I've listened to this album regularly for decades now and have found myself overjoyed by discoveries twice:
Firstly when I discovered there was a DVD of the concert; I'd always wished I could see the live show and their facial expressions and body language etc.
It's great to watch, and how they start out rather stiff and cool towards each other, but the music builds bridges between them and they end up more warm and close.
I'd wished for ages there was a video recording of the concert, and only found out decades later that there actually was! :laughing:

Secondly, when I found there was a HDTracks 24-192 FLAC version of the album. Now I can hear it in glorious technicolour every time, haha :D
I read that this concert employed the cream of the session musicians in the region, and I can believe it. The band play so beautifully individually and together, and it's probably why I prefer these versions to the few original versions I've heard thus far. So hearing it all in hi-res audio is a dream come true :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back