The Audio Lounge
Mar 9, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #22,546 of 36,132
I really liked the Comet but couldn't keep them. Could never figure how to get a good fit. Tried numerous tips and positions, just wouldn't work for me. Glad you like them, they have a nice sound. Figureprint magnets though. But, I do like the shiny finish.
I think my small ears help, probdbly like the atlas in my ears lol....fit well sit well and never come loose and as you say they sound pretty good ...my attitude has changed a bit towards gear , cost is irrelevant and if you have done your research and like most of us been around a bit you start to find really nice good and sometimes cheap gear...btr5 and comets are very good and both together are a great combo and only a few hundred quid together, very nice package.

Mar 9, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #22,547 of 36,132
We are screwed we have a year or two till a vaccine.... good luck the only safe place is deep space.

Mar 9, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #22,548 of 36,132
I think my small ears help, probdbly like the atlas in my ears lol....fit well sit well and never come loose and as you say they sound pretty good ...my attitude has changed a bit towards gear , cost is irrelevant and if you have done your research and like most of us been around a bit you start to find really nice good and sometimes cheap gear...btr5 and comets are very good and both together are a great combo and only a few hundred quid together, very nice package.
You should give The Custom Art FIBAE Black a go. Love mine and tuned quite nice. The Comet sounds like a similar tuning. And these are small in the ear so right down your alley.

Mar 9, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #22,550 of 36,132
Double post oooooopppps.
Lol thanks ...twice, if and when I may be in the market for iems again I may give them a go as one thing i Iike about the comets apart from they sound good is the fit , they stay in, sit and never move in my ears ...Dont know If just me but sometimes over ear cables can be just as much a pain as dangling ones, sometimes I need an iem that I can take out put in in heartbeat especially at work, comets work for me in that way and they do honestly sound very good ...I'm also interested in @DBaldock9 views on the er2xr he has coming, i did consider those also as they are getting some good comments too.

Mar 9, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #22,551 of 36,132
Lol thanks ...twice, if and when I may be in the market for iems again I may give them a go as one thing i Iike about the comets apart from they sound good is the fit , they stay in, sit and never move in my ears ...Dont know If just me but sometimes over ear cables can be just as much a pain as dangling ones, sometimes I need an iem that I can take out put in in heartbeat especially at work, comets work for me in that way and they do honestly sound very good ...I'm also interested in @DBaldock9 views on the er2xr he has coming, i did consider those also as they are getting some good comments too.
These are great little IEMs. Single BA with lots of personality. These do sound like you wouldn't believe for a single balanced armature. I really love the sound signature. The fit is excellent too and should fit you well.

IMG_20200309_160117.jpgIMG_20200309_155501.jpgIMG_20200309_155304.jpg

Mar 9, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #22,552 of 36,132
ewe
These are great little IEMs. Single BA with lots of personality. These do sound like you wouldn't believe for a single balanced armature. I really love the sound signature. The fit is excellent too and should fit you well.

IMG_20200309_160117.jpgIMG_20200309_155501.jpgIMG_20200309_155304.jpg
Yeah they look pretty sweet, I have heard a little good comments on them but never looked deeply at them.

Mar 9, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #22,556 of 36,132
I listened to the latest album and it them made me want to listen to Bachman Turner Overdrive.

They played this in 2014, 21 years after the album was released and they still rock

Mar 9, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #22,558 of 36,132
I listened to the latest album and it them made me want to listen to Bachman Turner Overdrive.

They played this in 2014, 21 years after the album was released and they still rock

Randy is a cool guy. I lived right next to his ex wife when I was a kid. They were going through a divorce. I was friends with Tal and had a crush on Acacha (sp?). I was really young then. Plus I got to go to his killer studio and meet the Beach Boys. He would pay kids $250 to mow his lawn. That was a lot of money back then. Ah good memories.

Edit.... I can't believe he is still touring he must be 80 now... LOL he's actually 76, I just looked it up.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #22,559 of 36,132

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back