The Audio Lounge
Oct 30, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #21,046 of 36,093
Where are you? Sounds like Michigan in January when @HungryPanda came to visit me there for the first time back in 2005. Being Scottish he should have been used to it but he had been living in South London for way too long... where people moan and cry when it even approaches 0 Celsius I miss winter.

Winter should look like this

My grandson in the snow when he was almost 2 and a half. A Michigan winter.

Denver, Colorado

Ended up breaking a record low from 1917. I like the winter and agree with you but I really like fall weather as well. Easier on my system when the change is more gradual :deadhorse:

great picture, something about kids playing in the snow always brings a smile to my face.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #21,047 of 36,093
Denver, Colorado

Ended up breaking a record low from 1917. I like the winter and agree with you but I really like fall weather as well. Easier on my system when the change is more gradual :deadhorse:

great picture, something about kids playing in the snow always brings a smile to my face.

I know, autumn is actually my favorite season or at least it used to be. That is another difference between here and there. Here they think fall color is brown and yellow. I am used to the amazing reds, golds, and oranges... mixed with the brown and yellow and some green.

Dead-River-Negaunee.jpg

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #21,048 of 36,093
I know, autumn is actually my favorite season or at least it used to be. That is another difference between here and there. Here they think fall color is brown and yellow. I am used to the amazing reds, golds, and oranges... mixed with the brown and yellow and some green.

I moved away from Michigan for the better part of a decade and the thing I missed most were the 4 defined seasons that Michigan has, especially fall. Florida was so boring, it has 2 seasons, super humid hot, and slightly less hot, lol. And of course they have no autumn color changes.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #21,050 of 36,093

Colorado does not have as much reds but pretty spectacular also.

02C5F185-4F7B-46AC-B70C-1130F23FC535.jpeg

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #21,051 of 36,093

Love fall too. We have a canyon close to us that is beautiful this time of year.... OOOOPPPPS wrong picture.... That was Switzerland. Here are the right ones.

Logan_Canyon_3.jpg.990x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Logan_Canyon_1.jpg.990x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #21,052 of 36,093
I grew up and still live in New England. I think I will always stay around here for the love of the ocean (under a mile away) and the definitive changes in seasons. I love Autumn the most.

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #21,054 of 36,093
Well we are firmly in one of SoCal's seasons' Wind and Fire. The only color changes are that of burnt rubble. It's been crazy the last couple years and really feel for those impacted.

I know. So sad.

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #21,059 of 36,093
Me either he needs to stick to hoops and stay out of politics, Cali is screwed up enough without his input.
I read an article the first day they ordered evacuations and they talked all about Lebron and how he was getting out and mentioned the other people too. I was thinking so! Who cares about Lebron..... He has another house he can go to. All the other people are going to motel 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back