The Audio Lounge
Jun 30, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #18,451 of 36,094
It is indeed, it’s no wonder this thing is leading the King of Daps poll. Now I’ve had a little time with it, it blows the Ti clean out of the water. Only listened to this at Canjam last year, liked it then but not my music on it coupled with a show environment so wasn’t sure if it bettered the DX208Ti.
Well now I know, this is exactly the sound I want, it’s also injected my Andro’s with steroids as I’ve never heard them sound like this. They are actually rumbling in my ears, the details are exceptional but with a tubey warmth. This is the most musical dap I’ve heard and to be honest....my search is well and truly over !!!
It’s also got a tiny little reactor instead of a battery lol
A build quality that is the best I’ve seen by far and I’m a sucker for build quality.
Bought this used for £1650.00 and it’s only got 80 hours (apparently) single ended, no 4.4 use so effectively I’m burning in. Battery lasted 28.5 hours playing a mixture of mp3,16/24flac and dsd.
With all the gear I sold, I’ve managed to get these two Sony’s and a bit left for the start of the Blade rebuild.
The bike fever is back, actually don’t think it ever went. We’re thinking of turning it into a street fighter (Blade fighter) as my mate calls it. Happy Days

This is how I felt about the Cayin N6ii. The iBasso stuff was flat sounding and missing so much emotion.

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #18,453 of 36,094
This is how I felt about the Cayin N6ii. The iBasso stuff was flat sounding and missing so much emotion.
That’s exactly it ......emotion, this thing is all about the emotional experience and that’s why I listen to music. In this mad hobby it’s all to easy to loose sight of why we are all here, for the love of music !!!
I am going to try out some nice iems at Canjam like the Solaris etc but now I’m actually thinking I don’t need to. The Andomeda sound like there’s another two or three drivers in there.

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #18,457 of 36,094
That’s exactly it ......emotion, this thing is all about the emotional experience and that’s why I listen to music. In this mad hobby it’s all to easy to loose sight of why we are all here, for the love of music !!!
I am going to try out some nice iems at Canjam like the Solaris etc but now I’m actually thinking I don’t need to. The Andomeda sound like there’s another two or three drivers in there.

Emotion is the key. I loved the ZX300 sound, and while I am a huge fan of the DX200/Amp8, I found myself listening more to the Cayin N5iiS as I just connected to the music better with the Cayin. That's why I went all in and sold both DAPs this week to check the N6ii out. Hoping it gives me the feeling of the N5iiS with the technical chops of the DX series.

Always wanted to try the WM1Z, but never find one cheap enough to take a punt on (yet!).

EDIT: for those heading to Canjam London, as well as the usual suspects like Campfire, I recommend checking out the Acoustune stand (no idea if they are there themselves or being replied by someone). Been very much enjoying the second hand 1503 model I picked up recently, and emotional pretty much covers how they deliver the mid range. Definitely worth checking out.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #18,459 of 36,094
Emotion is the key. I loved the ZX300 sound, and while I am a huge fan of the DX200/Amp8, I found myself listening more to the Cayin N5iiS as I just connected to the music better with the Cayin. That's why I went all in and sold both DAPs this week to check the N6ii out. Hoping it gives me the feeling of the N5iiS with the technical chops of the DX series.

Always wanted to try the WM1Z, but never find one cheap enough to take a punt on (yet!).
It’s expensive alright but considering just how long I’m going to be using this for, not too bad. And if the battery starts to perform less well, there’s always The Music Sanctuary’s K-Mod to consider :ksc75smile:

Jun 30, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #18,460 of 36,094
Logic....

Jun 30, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #18,461 of 36,094

Jun 30, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #18,462 of 36,094

Jun 30, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #18,463 of 36,094
Good test track

Jun 30, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #18,464 of 36,094
My Genesis includes Peter Gabriel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back