The Audio Lounge
Jun 9, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #17,191 of 36,215
Well, would you look at THESE beautiful S.O.B.'s...... And they are on sale as well....

CE3EB747-4693-489B-90A8-FB4F393A6E57.jpeg

Jun 9, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #17,193 of 36,215
Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #17,194 of 36,215
Jun 10, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #17,195 of 36,215
Well, would you look at THESE beautiful S.O.B.'s...... And they are on sale as well....

These look sweet!!! What do you think they sound like?

This is what Headphonia says about them.....

”If you are expecting reference then look the other way because the 3DD-Ti is an unabashedly fun sounding and very musical experience. This is a decidedly V-shaped presentation with a solid emphasis on rumbling sub-bass presence and power combined with a heightened upper midrange/lower treble energy and sparkle.

Mids take second place in terms of instrumental positioning and thickness. The timbre is on the cooler leaner side though so recessed, yes, but veiled a definite no. There is plenty of clarity in the 3DD-Ti performance so I would never describe this as dark or boomy congested signature."

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #17,196 of 36,215
There has been some gross enabling, I mean facilitating, lol.

Some things never change.

There was a WOW...

Future

I get headfi alerts on site...No emalls!

That would mean I'd never leave the page. Yes I'm that sick.

There have been some things afoot. Seems some DAPs are coming and going and the ever-present IEM that catches everyone's fancy. It's hard not to get caught up in the frenzy...

Frenzy is just the right word.

Jun 10, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #17,199 of 36,215
That would mean I'd never leave the page. Yes I'm that sick.

That can be a problem. Often I am getting ready to turn off my computer monitor and 5 alerts just pop up out of nowhere...

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #17,200 of 36,215
So after playing around with the Auris Amplify, I noticed 2 massive irritants:

Sound notifications are SUPER LOUD on the DM6's and on the Nicehck F3's... It really is beyond annoying when you have a loud beep once battery is low every minute or so. Also, the clip they supplied is completely useless. It's super loose and the device pops out of the clip at the tiniest of tugs. The clip itself also doesn't hold on really well anywhere. So there's no way to use the clip without fearing an accident.

I wrote to Auris about it and they were nice about it, but didn't have any options save a refund. Oh well.. Hope they take this constructive criticism and make a rev 2. At least they got the sound and battery life right!

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #17,201 of 36,215

Sound notifications are SUPER LOUD on the DM6's and on the Nicehck F3's... It really is beyond annoying when you have a loud beep once battery is low every minute or so. Also, the clip they supplied is completely useless. It's super loose and the device pops out of the clip at the tiniest of tugs. The clip itself also doesn't hold on really well anywhere. So there's no way to use the clip without fearing an accident.

I wrote to Auris about it and they were nice about it, but didn't have any options save a refund. Oh well.. Hope they take this constructive criticism and make a rev 2. At least they got the sound and battery life right!

That's a pain, in the ears. :) Is it firmware upgradable? If it is there may be a fix for it in the future.

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #17,203 of 36,215

That's a pain, in the ears. :) Is it firmware upgradable? If it is there may be a fix for it in the future.

I haven't been able to find a way to upgrade the firmware on my Amplify. You have to admit it does sound really good even though it has flaws.

@Karendar You should try the ES100. It has a whole app that you can change whatever you want including an EQ. And it isn't annoying at least in my opinion. The only thing that I don't like is the small control buttons on it.

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #17,204 of 36,215
I haven't been able to find a way to upgrade the firmware on my Amplify. You have to admit it does sound really good even though it has flaws.

@Karendar You should try the ES100. It has a whole app that you can change whatever you want including an EQ. And it isn't annoying at least in my opinion. The only thing that I don't like is the small control buttons on it.

Auris said they didn't have a plan for a new firmware update, sadly. Hence why they recommended a refund for the clip and volume issues on the notifications.

To be honest, I wanted to try the ES100... But I went with Amplify instead. Guess I should have gone for the ES100. :wink:

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #17,205 of 36,215
Auris said they didn't have a plan for a new firmware update, sadly. Hence why they recommended a refund for the clip and volume issues on the notifications.

To be honest, I wanted to try the ES100... But I went with Amplify instead. Guess I should have gone for the ES100. :wink:
The ES100 isn't as smooth as the Amplify. It's a bit more sharp. But it is really feature rich and it has a fully balanced amp with a 2.5mm output.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back