The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Jun 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #7,712 of 7,725
Yea... looks like executing "Rebuild Thread Information" under the maintenance tab should fix it. On a forum this large probably will take a lot of time and cpu so they probably will not run it until night time and close the forums for a bit. Hopefully everything will be normal tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #7,713 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch! That's gotta hurt. I guess Andrea calls 'em like he sees 'em.
popcorn.gif

Nah...doesn't bother me at all once you consider the source of the BS.

Peete.

Jun 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #7,714 of 7,725
First I thought my net started hating me for the time I spent on this thread!!
lol, anyways spending so much time has given me an idea of what to expect, my compass will be coming in a few days, cant wait!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #7,715 of 7,725
Aye, been screwy for me for the last couple of days. The same time the "bar" moved from the left to the right... I keep getting infinite redirects and whatnot.
frown.gif

~Phewl.

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #7,717 of 7,725
You can see what's gone wrong in Safari 4 easily: Page 510 or so is attempted to be loaded, but since it isn't there, it tries to load page 509, which isn't there either. Rinse and repeat until you hit the limit of redirects before the browser (?) bails out.

Anyway, I know what's broken and so does Jude. I'm waiting to see if starting a new Compass thread is necessary or not.

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #7,718 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea... looks like executing "Rebuild Thread Information" under the maintenance tab should fix it. On a forum this large probably will take a lot of time and cpu so they probably will not run it until night time and close the forums for a bit. Hopefully everything will be normal tomorrow
biggrin.gif

IMO, it's been rebuilt, but it's not factoring in all the posts that have been removed. I'm an admin elsewhere, and we never delete anything because of this - offending posts are just dumped into a hidden, silent forum.

Of course, I may be completely wrong...

~Phewl.

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #7,719 of 7,725
That makes sense, Phewl, but then why would it just crop up as a problem now? Who knows how many Andrea posts have been deleted over the months...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #7,720 of 7,725
Ah, but who knows when it was rebuilt?
wink.gif

My money - all £1.42 of it - is on the rebuild being run within these last few days, at which point the problems started...

~Phewl.

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #7,721 of 7,725
I think I might check though the docs and look around in the vbulletin forums about this. I would think a program as expensive as this would patch a glitch like that. Especially because it is used on such big forums. Also if it really is a problem I would need to adjust my forums as to not have the same problem down the road.

So now that I am at the 328 mark I got a question, how long does it take for just the OPA to burn in. I now want to start burning in the moon and then the sun. Unfortunately, my quiet computer is still dead in the water so I am just trucking along in the burn in hoping to get that dam thing fixed so I can really enjoy my music.

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #7,722 of 7,725
I've started a new thread here for the Compass. Please use it instead. I'm going to request this thread now be closed by a mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back