The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Apr 6, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #5,056 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent! With Easter this weekend, I doubt I will see it before next week but there may be a chance delivery on Saturday!

I have seen once it leaves Hong Kong, it picks up speed.. So Saturday would be a good bet !. actually maybe even before, if it does not hold up in customs..

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #5,057 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandchak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have seen once it leaves Hong Kong, it picks up speed.. So Saturday would be a good bet !. actually maybe even before, if it does not hold up in customs..

There's certainly a lot of variation in delivery speed. My Reference One made it from Hong Kong to my door in just two days. My Compass took quite a bit longer.

In Peete's particular case, Canadian customs held his Compass for quite some time. Probably because they wanted to listen to it themselves.
smily_headphones1.gif
So if it says "clearance delay", it's best to call them rightaway and ask what the hold-up is. (That goes for other countries too.)

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #5,058 of 7,725
Mine showed up in 3 days Zanth (RE1 and C-2C), including customs. Amazing by any standard with 4-5 days being the norm.

Peete.

PS Dro is correct...for some reason my Compass was held up in customs for 6 days which had me scratching my head as to why it was delayed. Could have been the Chinese New Year back log.

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #5,059 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drosera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's certainly a lot of variation in delivery speed. My Reference One made it from Hong Kong to my door in just two days. My Compass took quite a bit longer.

In Peete's particular case, Canadian customs held his Compass for quite some time. Probably because they wanted to listen to it themselves.
smily_headphones1.gif
So if it says "clearance delay", it's best to call them rightaway and ask what the hold-up is. (That goes for other countries too.)

There are always interesting stories when it comes to DHL, my DAC19SE has been gathering dust in London Heathrow Airport for the last 2 days, btw Compass 18 was chaos because it was Chinese New Year..kind of strange it seems ages , when it was only a few months back..
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #5,060 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine showed up in 3 days Zanth (RE1 and C-2C), including customs. Amazing by any standard with 4-5 days being the norm.

Peete.

PS Dro is correct...for some reason my Compass was held up in customs for 6 days which had me scratching my head as to why it was delayed. Could have been the Chinese New Year back log.

Wow, 6 days? I hope they got their fill with your Compass and don't feel the need to test mine as well. Does Kingwa mark the actual price or lower than actual price? Just wondering what customs charges will be like.

Apr 6, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #5,061 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by WallyPower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is working just fine, its says that my package was processed in Honkong at 0:53 the 7th of april
biggrin.gif

EDIT: it's now airbourne and flying to the Netherlands
biggrin.gif

Don't forget taking pictures of yourself paying the courier with the change-jar.
biggrin.gif

On another note: when did you place your order? I've ordered mine on the 20th, and I haven't heard anything regarding shipping so I'm kind of nervous now. Especially since I'm a few days of next week, and I'd like to listen to my new AD900 & SR225.

Apr 6, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #5,062 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Pixel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget taking pictures of yourself paying the courier with the change-jar.
biggrin.gif

I too look forward to seeing pictures of this! I bet the look on his face will be priceless!
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #5,063 of 7,725
I won't freak out about it, just getting excited to have decent tunes at work. Since receiving the ES3SX's, I now need a good DAC at work. The hiss from my iPod and Macbook Pro is awful.

Apr 6, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #5,064 of 7,725
I got mine in about 7 full days or about 5 business days.

Apr 6, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #5,065 of 7,725
yeah, I think those of us on the west coast look at about 7 days. and things slow down after the package hits LA because it ends up in the hands of the wonderful US postal system.

Apr 6, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #5,066 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Pixel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

On another note: when did you place your order? I've ordered mine on the 20th, and I haven't heard anything regarding shipping so I'm kind of nervous now. Especially since I'm a few days of next week, and I'd like to listen to my new AD900 & SR225.

I'm Afraid that I wont be able to make the payment with the change jar
frown.gif
I asked my mom where it was, and she said that it was gone, said she used it all in a "Sinterklaassuprise"
angry_face.gif

But I ordered my Compass on the 11th of March.

Apr 6, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #5,067 of 7,725
Same boat as a lot of people, ordered it on the 20th, got e-mail confirmation from Cherry on the 21st they got my paypal payment.

Wondering if everyone else in the boat ordered extras? I'm thinking maybe all the people who ordered just a Compass (as opposed to Compass + cables or Compass + Moon/Sun) were shipped first?

Apr 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #5,068 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same boat as a lot of people, ordered it on the 20th, got e-mail confirmation from Cherry on the 21st they got my paypal payment.

Wondering if everyone else in the boat ordered extras? I'm thinking maybe all the people who ordered just a Compass (as opposed to Compass + cables or Compass + Moon/Sun) were shipped first?

I hope thats not the case, since I got Compass, cables, moon and sun...

Apr 6, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #5,069 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking maybe all the people who ordered just a Compass (as opposed to Compass + cables or Compass + Moon/Sun) were shipped first?

I ordered the Compass + moon/sun on 11th of march and it was shipped on monday.

Apr 6, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #5,070 of 7,725

Users who are viewing this thread

Back