The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Oct 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #3,301 of 7,138
Can anyone compare the difference between "burson soloist" vs "burson ha-160ds", and which dac is preferred on soloist, will appricate all helps, thanks..

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #3,302 of 7,138
And does anyone has an experience of "stello" dac with V200? Or have an idea? Thanks..

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #3,303 of 7,138
No. Just AUDEZE LCD-2  and  PLANAR MAGNETIC TECHNOLOGY (and Audez'e Inc LCD2 on the decal with the serial #).

Not sure if the following is valid, but might be as these phones are described as presenting a purely resistive load.

I measured resistance of both drivers (via the hp jack, so cable included in the measurement) and got 45.5 (L) and 46.5 (R) ohms. If valid, this is consistent with the rev 1's nominal impedance of 50 ohms, and not the rev2's 60 ohms.

Edit: Lugbug1 - agreed. Unlikely I will sell but should probably make sure. Would certainly be a revelation if they turn out to be rev2. I have found it hard to relate to some ways the rev1 is described, but probably explained by sonic differences within the same model; different ears; semantic problems describing sound...
Quote:

Interesting. Must be pretty rare, do they have "Audio Research Labs"?

Oct 23, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #3,304 of 7,138
Quote:
No. Just AUDEZE LCD-2  and  PLANAR MAGNETIC TECHNOLOGY (and Audez'e Inc LCD2 on the decal with the serial #).

Not sure if the following is valid, but might be as these phones are described as presenting a purely resistive load.

I measured resistance of both drivers (via the hp jack, so cable included in the measurement) and got 45.5 (L) and 46.5 (R) ohms. If valid, this is consistent with the rev 1's nominal impedance of 50 ohms, and not the rev2's 60 ohms.

Edit: Lugbug1 - agreed. Unlikely I will sell but should probably make sure. Would certainly be a revelation if they turn out to be rev2. I have found it hard to relate to some ways the rev1 is described, but probably explained by sonic differences within the same model; different ears; semantic problems describing sound...

Just found this from jronin2... on another thread.

"Well just to clear this up, I received a reply from Audeze today and in fact my LCD 2 from Mid May 2011 with a serial number of 531 is in fact a Rev 1 driver. So their are 531 serial numbers that have Rev 1 drivers.

So just because one has a 531 serial doesn't necessarily mean you have a Rev 2 driver, anyone interested in what they have should really contact Audeze directly to find out. I just needed to know exactly what I had before I posted them for sale."

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #3,305 of 7,138
This is my 1,500 post. And what better place to have it then on my favorite hp's thread.

Erm... dunno what to say, erm... do de do, mmm???

Headphones.

beerchug.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #3,311 of 7,138
Quote:
This is my 1,500 post. And what better place to have it then on my favorite hp's thread.

Headphones.

beerchug.gif

Why don't you keep your mouth shut. Just post pretty pictures of your LCD's. Please. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #3,314 of 7,138
I think this clarifies my early May 2011 LCD2 531xxxx are rev1's, as my serial no is 80 less than jronin's.

Thanks for posting that LugBug1 and congrats on HS status - at my present rate I should get there in about six years. There are some though who have been head-fiers since 2004 and have - impressively - only a 100 posts give or take!

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3,315 of 7,138
Quote:

Headphones.

beerchug.gif

Hey me too! 
beerchug.gif

Aw wait, where did those other posts go? Damnit not again!

BRB Going to go start another debate in HE-6 thread. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back