The ATH-CKM50. The CKM family impressions..(First look at the NEW CKM500)..Pg 86
Jan 25, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #61 of 1,323

Quote:
I believe it's two different beast's, the CK10 being a dual driver BA and the CKM line up are dynamic drivers.

Even the AT CKS line is yet again very different from the the CKM and CK, still with a dynamic driver, but much more emphasize on bass than any of the others. The CK10 sounds more like other dual driver BA's like  DBA-02/Q-jays/UE700.  I believe the CKM50 sounds more like what we typical expect from a DD IEM.

...hmm that doesnt very much help? pro's con's? impressions? how happy? stuff like aht

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #62 of 1,323
misinformation in this thread. ATH isn't specific as to what is rare earth in this IEM, but it's actually the magnet. Rare earth magnets aren't anything special and are widely used in addition to CCAW. If the diaphragm itself was marketed as rare-earth, then you can say it was but I see no mention of that. 

Good call on not getting the CKM99s, those are highly disappointing, I'm sure one of the other ones are more balanced. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #63 of 1,323
Thanks for the info Inks. Ya my thought was instead of spending on a single CKM99. I can buy every other current CKM phone for about the same price. I am very aware of ATs. strange SQ issues on higher end models. I know spending more with AT doesn't necessarily get you better. It is somewhat of a crap shoot with them. So I would much rather try the others in their CKM line up for that price and see if there is one that ups the sound on these older cheaper CKM50s.

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #65 of 1,323
Well, it's amazing how ergonomic they made that 14mm driver. Hands-down ATH shows how to make big drivers ergonomic with their CKM line (take note Sony).

I like the Spiker Realvoice a lot for example, and I think it's one of the better dynamics out there. Unfortunately, it isn't that comfortable at all for my ears and it's got ugly looks on top of that. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #67 of 1,323
Well for a driver of that size, that's the best it's going to get. Yeah, not the most comfortable IEM out there, but considering the driver size....

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #68 of 1,323
love my ck10s.  bought them almost 2 years ago now and i haven't considered buying another IEM.  only reason why i got this one is because 1. it was cheap, 2. i wanted to try something new, and 3. it was made by ATH.  you can read about them in Joker's thread, in which they are ranked very highly.  their sound is an acquired taste because their bass is neutral, (don't believe people who say it is light), their mids are clear, and the highs are amazing.  every other IEM and full sized headphone sounds like there's cotton in my ears when i compare them to the clarity of the CK10.  i haven't tried any customs, but i don't see the need to right now with the CK10s.  the level of detail these can show out class pretty much every other BA, except those that cost > $500, to which they still compare favorably.

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #69 of 1,323
Feeding frenzy posts I tell ya.

I was about to get a back up for the Isurus, which sound sig I like alot, and then I see a post on the Isurus thread directing to here and... okay I'm weak .:triportsad: :dt880smile:

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #73 of 1,323
Is it because I haven't showered you with praise that I don't get included in these things? I've been on board since the 8320...i can haz sour grapes?

Ordered a pair all the same.

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #74 of 1,323
WOW! I must have paid for these just minutes before the price went up.
eek.gif

Quote:
Amazon just raised the price, at least when I search for them. The search list says $24.20, but click on them and it says $47.39. I was going to order a second pair. Can someone check on it? I doubt it's a mistake.

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #75 of 1,323
Yep, the deal is gone. Worth $48 too I would say....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back