The ATH-CKM50. The CKM family impressions..(First look at the NEW CKM500)..Pg 86
Jan 25, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #16 of 1,323

Quote:
Dsnuts come on man, I already have too many iems now. You will have us make a nice collection if you keep this up for good :)

I don't think he'll be able to keep this up for long. His wife's going to make a public example of him soon enough 
biggrin.gif
 We better enjoy this while we can

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #17 of 1,323

Quote:
I just love Dsnut's build ups when he introduces a new discovery. I had these overnighted, so I'll be able to add impressions tomorrow. So much for getting out of audio for now...

Oh, sorry you didn't get to post about this when you became supremus. I know it meant a lot to you

Na no big deal really. Supremus means nothing to me. You guys discovering these with me. That is what makes it all worth it. Enjoy your new phones my friend. This one is dedicated to you my friend. I somehow have a feeling you are going to absolutely love these. I just have this feeling. As I know your musical preference. You listen to all sorts of things like I do. I think that is the one aspect where these CKM50s are just fantastic. Let me put it this way. I was describing to Jupiterknight how these phones make it sound like I upgraded my MP3 player. Wait till you hear these fully burned in. .OH NELLY!

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #18 of 1,323
i got in early, i've had them for a day now. very smooth presentation and natural sounding. not quite neutral, I occasionally got a hint of the V profile then it softened a bit and midrange came up. i also think like ericp10 that the isurus bass goes deeper, to be fair these have a really tiny profile. hopefully they get better with time.
Dsnuts scores again, would that be strikes? idk....please, no one tell him about the high end!

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #19 of 1,323
You know that crossed my mind several times when I grab a bunch of no named earphones people haven't tried. But you know I don't feel like I am missing much so far as high ends go. I am completely happy with the stuff I have to be honest. Do I want to try out a custom some day? Ya probably. Heck with all these cheaper phones I have been trying out I could have probably have gotten one by now but you know what I have a grip load of really nice sounding earphones that all have specific sound signatures.  And to me having a variety of phones is awesome. 

Only the good ones mind you but love having a variety.

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #21 of 1,323
Sony hybrids work great. I am using the stock ones actually. They work fine and this time no need to change out the tip to curb them highs or anything like that. The sounds on them are just awesome the way they are.

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #22 of 1,323
Take a look see at this guys. ATH-CKW1000 50th Anniversary edition. Cost? $650 and sold out at Audiocubes. Lovely wood iems. Wouldn't it be funny if these $25 CKM50s ended up sounding better than these? Lol. Somehow I doubt that.

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #24 of 1,323

Quote:
I have the CKM55s, and I honestly don't think they're much better than my CX300s.

i just bought the PL11 as a bundle deal from Micca which is better than Sennhsier CX300's from reviews it seems due to the price. 

Dsnuts. thank you for the suggestion. i have bought some stuff already. don't know if i can get this :frowning2: i will see if i can "Add" it into my next purchase though :D

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #25 of 1,323
Already have a set of Shure SE215's that I love... but for $25 - I ordered a set of these. Even if they 'suck' compared to other IEM's, they are still cheaper then Apple 'I-Buds' and will most likely sound good.

Thanks for the heads up. Will get good listening in soon!

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #26 of 1,323
I have to admit these are my first real AT earphones I was blown away but their sound I suppose it is a sound signature preference thing too but for me at least these are definitely worth getting.  As a comparison to the UE500 which I thought would have been the best phone out of the 4 I recently bought. These CKM50s sound so much more musical to me there was no comparison. The UE500 is a good sounding phone but the CKM50 has better defined everything and the mids are as smooth as I have ever heard in anything I have then you combine a nice thick bass note to the mix and I absolutely loved the CKM50s sound over the UE500.

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #27 of 1,323

Quote:
I have to admit these are my first real AT earphones I was blown away but their sound I suppose it is a sound signature preference thing too but for me at least these are definitely worth getting.  As a comparison to the UE500 which I thought would have been the best phone out of the 4 I recently bought. These CKM50s sound so much more musical to me there was no comparison. The UE500 is a good sounding phone but the CKM50 has better defined everything and the mids are as smooth as I have ever heard in anything I have then you combine a nice thick bass note to the mix and I absolutely loved the CKM50s sound over the UE500.

im gonna save these for a next purchase. i can't see myself wiping out some more money right now. my wallet doesn't hurt but still. im gonna bet they will still be $25 when i come back

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #29 of 1,323
Fine work Dsnuts... this is the first thread I've read of yours, but I think it's safe to say that I'll be keeping a close eye on your postings from now on.

I'm in the UK, but orderd the ATH-CKM50 from Amazon US. £29 is still ridiculously cheap in my books!

Will post my impressions in due course.

Thanks again!
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back