The ATH-CKM50. The CKM family impressions..(First look at the NEW CKM500)..Pg 86
Jan 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #32 of 1,323

Quote:
Fine work Dsnuts... this is the first thread I've read of yours, but I think it's safe to say that I'll be keeping a close eye on your postings from now on.

I'm in the UK, but orderd the ATH-CKM50 from Amazon US. £29 is still ridiculously cheap in my books!

Will post my impressions in due course.

Thanks again!
redface.gif

Oh nice, ya glad to have you on board. I think what makes these intriguing is these actually cost $100 plus when they came out. Hearing what I am hearing now from them as I am listening to them now.. I would pay $100 for this sound. Easily.  I have plenty of headphone I have purchased for over $100 that don't touch these. Everyone. This one is a doozy!!. Enjoy your new cheapo iems. I am sure these will blow your collective minds just how ridiculous they sound.

When I heard these after I burn the 4 phones in. Lets just say I haven't taken them out of my ears. They are that good.. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #33 of 1,323

Quote:
Oh nice, ya glad to have you on board. I think what makes these intriguing is these actually cost $100 plus when they came out. Hearing what I am hearing now from them as I am listening to them now.. I would pay $100 for this sound. Easily.  I have plenty of headphone I have purchased for over $100 that don't touch these. Everyone. This one is a doozy!!. Enjoy your new cheapo iems. I am sure these will blow your collective minds just how ridiculous they sound.

When I heard these after I burn the 4 phones in. Lets just say I haven't taken them out of my ears. They are that good.. 

how are these compared to 8320?

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #36 of 1,323
How are these compared to any budget- fi stuff is a better question..

I have a EX600 and a GR07. These CKM50s. Are my favorite iems..These are more in line with a fun sound signature. You guys should know by now I am all about the fun. Lol!  These aren't a flat sounding earphone that people pay a lot of money to get. These have layers of sound to them with each layer just exquisite..I tried to describe the best I could on the intro to the thread. Just amazing

They sound lovely with flat eq but where these stand out more so. I have my eq on the fun sound signature. W eq. More bass more mids and more treble. OH lordy..The sound is so damn amazing on this eq it just blows my mind. Musical is one word but tunes have a substantial weight to the sounds. The sound is completely engulfing

Even though the driver size is 12.5mm. The way AT mounts these drivers it gives out the 100% of all the driver. It is something they are so proud of they put it on the box. Again one of the reason why these have such a full rich sound to them. They sound like they have a 14mm driver like the MP8320. 

It is interesting to me that it seems the bigger dish style dynamics always seem to consistently win the buget-fi war. Hmm

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #37 of 1,323

Quote:
How are these compared to any budget- fi stuff is a better question..

I have a EX600 and a GR07. These CKM50s. Are my favorite iems..These are more in line with a fun sound signature. You guys should know by now I am all about the fun. Lol!  These aren't a flat sounding earphone that people pay a lot of money to get. These have layers of sound to them that I tried to describe the best I could on the intro to the thread. Just amazing

They sound lovely with flat eq but where these stand out more so. I have my eq on the fun sound signature. W eq. More bass more mids and more treble. OH lordy..The sound is so damn amazing on this eq it just blows my mind. Musical is one word but tunes have a substantial weight to the sounds. The sound is completely engulfing

Even though the driver size is 12.5mm. The way AT mounts these drivers it gives out the 100% of all the driver. It is something they are so proud of they put it on the box. Again one of the reason why these have such a full rich sound to them. They sound like they have a 14mm driver like the MP8320. 

can u post a screenshot or settings of your EQ :D 
wow..compared to GR07..hmm....tantalizing

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #39 of 1,323
Well you gotta remember. The CKM50 is indeed my preferred sound signature.. I am more partial to these because of this but. Nothing should be taken away from the GR07 and the EX600. Both are fantastic phones in their own right and have legions of fans as well. These on this simple eq gives me a sound I never thought was possible from my little MP3 player no amp or nothing. Just this eq. By the way these eQ just awesomely well. You can eq these to your preferred sound with ease. 2X bass boost.! Moar BASS!

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #41 of 1,323

Quote:
Well you gotta remember. The CKM50 is indeed my preferred sound signature.. I am more partial to these because of this but. Nothing should be taken away from the GR07 and the EX600. Both are fantastic phones in their own right and have legions of fans as well. These on this simple eq gives me a sound I never thought was possible from my little MP3 player no amp or nothing. Just this eq. By the way these eQ just awesomely well. You can eq these to your preferred sound with ease. 2X bass boost.! Moar BASS!

thank you. i see those steps are by stepped dB right? the E17 i bought will only have this for trebl and bass. but it should be all i need.

hmm. i need to get the MP8320 and PL11's i ordered asap. let my parent's hear them. make them think they need these. and have them buy them....
and if they sound good. i iwll buy them too. im not cash strapped. my fund is pretty good sized for my tech pleasures. (enough to get a summit fi setup) but imm just a very frugal person

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #42 of 1,323

Quote:

I see that you're using a Walkman with them. Which model do you have?

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #43 of 1,323
It is the NWZ-S545. I have a sansa clip I use as well but always loved the sound from this player. Bass boost is lovely on them.  I do plan on getting a newer player maybe for my B-day. We will see.

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #44 of 1,323

Quote:
It is the NWZ-S545. I have a sansa clip I use as well but always loved the sound from this player. Bass boost is lovely on them.  I do plan on getting a newer player maybe for my B-day. We will see.

What DAC is in that? is it amped?

I'll stick with my ipod touch 2G -->FiiO L9 LOD--> FiiO E17
the Cirrus Logic in it is no slouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back