The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread
Aug 5, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #526 of 827
Just to clarify, I am not planning on selling my AD700's to get another pair of headphones, I'll keep them even if I buy another pair. I will look into the MS1 and keep an eye on the FS section of the forum for them. 

I know it's not in the same price range, but how do the HD595's compare to the AD700's? And does anyone know how they sound with black/death metal?

The AD700's are my first pair of audiophile headphones, and I'm very happy with their sound. After reading a lot of articles/opinions on them, they sound as I was expecting them to. Also, because I'm only familiar with the sound of the AD700's, I'd like to know how the 595's and MS-1 fare when compared to them, as I have no other audiophile reference point.

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #527 of 827

Quote:
DAC yes. Amp no (well not as much of a difference).

Thank you Jay
wink.gif

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #529 of 827
MS1 will still be the better bet over HD595.

I forogt about Beyers, DT440 might not be a bad choice either, I think.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #530 of 827
I just got my AD700 a couple of days ago and I'm thoroughly enjoying them! I'm very happy to have these as my first cans. :D

The pads are slightly itchy for me right now. Hope that would go away after using it for a few days.

Aug 7, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #531 of 827
I've had mine for exactly a week and I've gone through stages with them thus far. Started out I liked them straight out of the box. Then for a couple days for some reason I was disappointed from a lack of excitement. Now I'm at a point where I'm in love with them again lol. Originally I liked my RE0's more, but after more listening these are so much more laid back and comfortable. The sound stage on them is amazing as everyone says. Instrument separation on these are especially enjoyable because you can easily distinguish where each sound is coming from. As everyone says they do however lack some bass, but my little Fiio E5 makes it just right with the bit of added bass. I'm completely satisfied with this purchase and its a cure for upgraditis for now :)

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #532 of 827

Quote:
Started out I liked them straight out of the box. Then for a couple days for some reason I was disappointed from a lack of excitement.

I liked them out of the box too but later I started to notice the sound flaws and nuisances that made me not like them much anymore especially after I got the K701. I never really got back to liking the AD700 sound, I still like the comfort though.

Aug 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #533 of 827
Great pair of headphones...I love the soundstage.

These also, contrary to what I have been reading on the forums, seem to reproduce everything very accurately. I feel like I am RIGHT there. A few times, ambient noise reproduced in these cans (like a rustle in a movie or song) has made me jump.

I feel like I got my moneys worth and more.

Aug 17, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #534 of 827
I bought them from Amazon for $65! Amazing price for such great cans. I owned the AKG K701 and the Senn HD600 but never enjoyed them as the AD700, it's worth every penny I paid. I don't find them lacking in bass, I believe they have more than enough for Classical and Jazz.

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #535 of 827
What amp did you use for the K701 and HD600?

The AD700 bass is fine for those genres because they don't require much in the first place. I never thought badly of the AD700 bass, but the steely highs and sibilance began to progressively deter me away from it.

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #536 of 827
$1.97 per earpad from ATUS?  I was expecting them to be more expensive like with other 'phones, but w00t!  Mine are falling apart from the parts of the earpads that hold them to the cups.
Sony wants $22 for each 7509HD earpad!  I may just try those $5/pair chinese ones from Fleabay first. (for my 7509HD, not AD700, lol)

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #537 of 827
How does AD700 compare to ATH-M50???

M50 is just praised soooo much that it is very hard for me to compare the two.

Just to note, I mostly listen to classical music and want big sound stage, as well as good mid & high.

Thanks,

Nov 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #538 of 827

Quote:
How does AD700 compare to ATH-M50???

M50 is just praised soooo much that it is very hard for me to compare the two.

Just to note, I mostly listen to classical music and want big sound stage, as well as good mid & high.

Thanks,

M50's is praised for being an all around great can. Classical is the strong suit of the AD700. If that is your main listen get them.

Nov 21, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #539 of 827
Hi guys, I am planning on getting my first headphones this or next week.

I need it basically for music and gaming, preferably bassy music, and shooting game. Need a pair of headphones with good sound stage which is essential for first person shooting game, so that i can hear what is going on around me in the game, and also long lasting wearing comfort.

Does ATH AD700 make the job? What do people usually use their AD700 for? If AD700 isn't the best choice, what would you guys suggest?

Thanks!

Nov 21, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #540 of 827
^^ The AD700 is good for gaming but may not meet your needs if you want bassy. They are very comfortable though. There is a couple of these for sale in the FS forum if your wanting to give them a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back