The Astell & Kern AK240
Dec 3, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #9,106 of 9,131
Ak240SS It is a great little player! and i'm really happy with it's audio quality. I definitely would recommend it even now to anybody. Especially if what I've read about new larger battery replacement giving 12hr playback is true. Forget ak380 and sp1000.
I love this little device.

What battery are you referring to and where can I get it? I NEED 12 hours playback on my AK240SS !! :wink:

Dec 3, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #9,107 of 9,131
The original AK240 was my original purchase that set me off on the this incredible high-end DAP journey. I remember so many people had said at the time “there’s no need for a music-only player, today’s phones can do it all!”

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #9,108 of 9,131
holy fawk. The Focal Utopia off of my old AK240 dap sounds amazing. No idea how I didnt pull this old dap out before from storage.

Not even the balanced out. Driver is behaving perfectly, no early physical baffle bass clipping. Crazy amounts of detail and lots of imaging/seperation. Just some digital etch that some may or may not like. (good to me subjectively)

And this is currently off the single-end output. Not the 2.5mm Balanced port.

20211205_162543.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #9,109 of 9,131
hello,
has anyone tried using their AK240 as a bluetooth audio output with their phones as the bluetooth audio source? if so, can anybody please help me setting it up?

my AK240 can be paired with my phone (galaxy note 20 ultra), but the bluetooth settings have only one option - it's connected for calls only. i could not use it as a bluetooth audio output.

thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220130-194410_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220130-194410_Settings.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220130_194447.jpg
    20220130_194447.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 0
Mar 19, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #9,110 of 9,131
Does someone know where to get a replacement screen for the ak240? AK replied me that they are out of stock..

I'm even thinking to buy a second hand ak100ii to get a screen, but I can't find any information if they are using the same screen.. I'm grateful for any solution..

Mar 20, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #9,114 of 9,131
Does someone know where to get a replacement screen for the ak240? AK replied me that they are out of stock..

I'm even thinking to buy a second hand ak100ii to get a screen, but I can't find any information if they are using the same screen.. I'm grateful for any solution..

Try here
https://www.facebook.com/romiaudio/

Apr 21, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #9,116 of 9,131
I have not tried the 512, but I have the 400 and I get that all the time if I transfer files using my Windows system.

Take the card out of the AK, mount it on your computer (I'm assumeing Windows here), open Computer, right click on the drive, go to "Properties", then the "Tools" tab, click the "Check now..." button under "Error-checking". Let it finish, eject the card, try in the AK again.

This usually fixes it for me. For whatever reason, Windows does not eject the drive clean and it freaks out my AK. Does not happen if I us Ubuntu. Annoying as hell.

Hope that helps. Let us know.

In theory, any device that can handle a 32GB SD card can handle a 2TB SD card which is the max capacity of the SD standard. In theory.
Thank you! My AK 240 worked with a 512 GB SD card for about a year, but then I started to get the dreaded "SD card damaged" and "Too many unsupported files" errors. Mounting the card on my PC showed that the files were still there, so I knew it was something with the player. Initially I thought it was something to do with the battery, which I switched out last week, but that didn't fix the problem. The fix you provided above worked like a charm.

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #9,117 of 9,131
Thank you! My AK 240 worked with a 512 GB SD card for about a year, but then I started to get the dreaded "SD card damaged" and "Too many unsupported files" errors. Mounting the card on my PC showed that the files were still there, so I knew it was something with the player. Initially I thought it was something to do with the battery, which I switched out last week, but that didn't fix the problem. The fix you provided above worked like a charm.
Please share how and with which battery you did the replacement with.

Apr 23, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #9,118 of 9,131
I found a Russian-made battery from neovolt.ru. I lacked the proper tool to open the case, but the local computer repair guy had one and was able to replace the battery no problem. He said I need to find a replacement part for the volume knob, which has been malfunctioning for the past two years. I can use the knob to adjust the volume higher, but not lower, so I have to downswipe on the screen. Not a major inconvenience, but something I'd like to fix, along with perhaps the balanced out jack. Bought my AK240 here in Moscow back in 2014 and it has otherwise served me quite well.

akkumulyator-neovolt-dlya-iriver-astellkern-ak240.jpg

Apr 23, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #9,119 of 9,131
I found a Russian-made battery from neovolt.ru. I lacked the proper tool to open the case, but the local computer repair guy had one and was able to replace the battery no problem. He said I need to find a replacement part for the volume knob, which has been malfunctioning for the past two years. I can use the knob to adjust the volume higher, but not lower, so I have to downswipe on the screen. Not a major inconvenience, but something I'd like to fix, along with perhaps the balanced out jack. Bought my AK240 here in Moscow back in 2014 and it has otherwise served me quite well.

Hi. Be interested to know roughly how long you get after a full charge. I've changed batteries several times using several different batteries but still only get 3.5/4 hours out of them.🥺

Apr 25, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #9,120 of 9,131

Hi. Be interested to know roughly how long you get after a full charge. I've changed batteries several times using several different batteries but still only get 3.5/4 hours out of them.🥺

I'd like to know how long the replacement battery lasts, too?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back