The Astell & Kern AK240
Nov 24, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #8,523 of 9,131
I upgraded to 1.35 when it came out.  I like it.  It sounds better to me.  I'm not into Tidal so that add wasn't important to me.  One thing I just noticed is the improvement to missing album artwork.  Missing artwork is now shown as a white square with artist and album name listed.  Certainly beats the previous clef note symbol for missing art.

I use the AK cd ripper.  Ripping CDs works flawlessly.  Not sure why artwork is occasionally missing but I haven't figured how to manually insert missing artwork without using a different ripping method.  All album folders from the AK ripper just show song files.  So the missing artwork now showing 'art' with the artist and album name is a nice improvement. 

I've had my 240 about a year.  I continue to enjoy it immensely.  I listen to it every day.  Nice upgrade from my previous iPod Classic (that finally died).  I'll need to add a SD card soon.

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #8,529 of 9,131
how can a firmware upgrade make the ak240 sound better ?

also i like the sound of my ipod nano with roxanne 1 compared to ak240 and roxanne 1 

what dap would suit me best ??

i jus ordered the cowon d , can u recommend any other ?

thanks a ton !

Try a AK 240 or 380. It is the best portable player I have ever heard.
I usually upgrade to new model but I am so happy with the 240 I have not felt the need (yet:)

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #8,532 of 9,131
Try a AK 240 or 380. It is the best portable player I have ever heard.
I usually upgrade to new model but I am so happy with the 240 I have not felt the need (yet:)

my AK 240 sounded very slightly better than the AK 380.  Since I wanted a smaller player to carry to the gym, I sold the AK 380 and kept the AK 240. 

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #8,533 of 9,131

how can a firmware upgrade make the ak240 sound better ?

also i like the sound of my ipod nano with roxanne 1 compared to ak240 and roxanne 1 

what dap would suit me best ??

i jus ordered the cowon d , can u recommend any other ?

thanks a ton !

Out of curiosity, what improvements does the iPad Nano have over the AK240 in concert with the Roxanne?

FWIW, I find the Mojo great with any IEMs. Still, the AK240 is a mighty fine source, so I'm surprised you'd choose the iPod Nano.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #8,534 of 9,131

Out of curiosity, what improvements does the iPad Nano have over the AK240 in concert with the Roxanne?

FWIW, I find the Mojo great with any IEMs. Still, the AK240 is a mighty fine source, so I'm surprised you'd choose the iPod Nano.

actually in the last week i changed everything

now my steup is :

COWON D + SE535 = GYM

AK240 + ROX 1 + DHC SILVER 8 WIRE = TRAVEL 

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #8,535 of 9,131

actually in the last week i changed everything

now my steup is :

COWON D + SE535 = GYM

AK240 + ROX 1 + DHC SILVER 8 WIRE = TRAVEL 

So you now think the AK240 is the better DAP for the Roxanne?

In any case, happy listening. The supreme DAP is the one that suits your tastes best. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back