The Astell & Kern AK240
Sep 3, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #7,762 of 9,131
Yeah I thought that looked like the rhodium Furutech connectors they use.  I have their Black Dragon Premium for my LCD-X.  I should have spent more and got one that could be used with the different adaptors they do with mini XLR, but thats in the past.  

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #7,763 of 9,131
  Where did you get the balanced cable?  I need to pick one up for my LCD-X.

Its actually a stock 2.5mm one from Mr Speakers for the alpha primes, but just had these beauties returned from Konstantin at lavricables 2 forza hybrids re terminated and one of his audeze silvers all 2.5mm balanced and sleevings.

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #7,764 of 9,131
Have you went into settings and turn off auto scan?

Unless I'm being stupid or it's well hidden (could go either way), there doesn't appear to be an option for turning off auto scan.

I've sort-of got to the bottom of (but not resolved) the problem - if you select the PLAY ALL option at any folder level, then the player will not remember where you were if you switch it off and on.  However, if you select an individual song within a folder, then the player WILL remember where you were.  Which of course means the problem now is that if you have more than one folder within an album (say, for example, a 2 or more CD album with each CD in its own folder within the main album folder, as in this folder structure - ALBUM folder>CD 1 folder and CD 2 folder) and you are listening to the whole of that album in sequence, you have to go back to the top of the folder structure to get to CD 2.  Not as bad as having to do it every time you switch on, but still annoying.

Another thing that seems to have stopped working properly with the upgrade to 1.25 is gapless.  Whereas before gapless worked wonderfully for nearly all of the formats I have on there (a mixture of OGG, MP3, FLAC and WAV), it's now very sporadic and, even worse, very random - it's not at all dependent on format or quality.  Again, this only seems to be a problem with files on the micro SD card.  I have tried switching gapless off, resetting everything and mounting the card from new again and, again, have tried other sizes and makes of card, all with the same issue.

It would seem that iRiver's attempts to tidy things up and add a couple of features with 1.25 has totally screwed up several key (and, let's face it, basic) things when it comes to the micro SD card.

I hope iRiver/AK ARE working on these problems, because they are quite the deal breaker for me...

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #7,765 of 9,131
No auto scan switch now, your not stupid and its not hidden, we are in desperate need of this shoddy FW sorting ASAP ... your pay a premuim price for the player you expect nothing less than premium customer support.
mad.gif

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #7,766 of 9,131
  No auto scan switch now, your not stupid and its not hidden, we are in desperate need of this shoddy FW sorting ASAP ... your pay a premuim price for the player you expect nothing less than premium customer support.
mad.gif

i dont think so there is a auto scan off setting...hahaha

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #7,767 of 9,131
mad.gif

Am I right in thinking there DID used to be an option to switch it off?  I'm sure I remember seeing it in the options, but never used it so it could just be a false memory.

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #7,770 of 9,131
Just an FYI:  The 200GB Sandisk MicroSD card is on sale on Amazon for $150 for the next 6 hours or so.  Normally sold anywhere from $250 - $200.  That's the lowest price I've seen for it.  Just bought one for the AK240.  Close to half a TB of storage now.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back