The Astell & Kern AK240
Sep 2, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #7,741 of 9,131
Got a 128gb Sandisk in mine formatted to exfat, it's full so not going to wipe it to try, but has anyone formatted their cards to fat32 just to see if it's a format type issue?
Mine only unmounts and mounts quickly then briefly scans card about 10 secs max and it's full of dsf files.

Sep 2, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #7,742 of 9,131
Got a 128gb Sandisk in mine formatted to exfat, it's full so not going to wipe it to try, but has anyone formatted their cards to fat32 just to see if it's a format type issue?
Mine only unmounts and mounts quickly then briefly scans card about 10 secs max and it's full of dsf files.

I formatted the cards in various formats several times, and (as I said in my previous post) also used the player itself to format them, but it's the same problem.

99.99999recurring% convinced it's a particular issue with 1.25 and nothing to do with the cards, the format they are in, or what is contained on them.

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #7,743 of 9,131

I formatted the cards in various formats several times, and (as I said in my previous post) also used the player itself to format them, but it's the same problem.

99.99999recurring% convinced it's a particular issue with 1.25 and nothing to do with the cards, the format they are in, or what is contained on them.

Looks like its a waiting game for AK to get back to us then, have you looked for a custom rom or a down graded firmware  for player ?

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #7,745 of 9,131
I had the same problem, but seemed to have resolved it by using the the "Settings reset" option in the "Default Settings" menu. This option deletes your settings but keeps your music intact. After reboot, it automatically did a new media scan and found my card and the music on it. No problems since - but not a guarantee since that is only a few hours.

You might want to give this a try before wasting your time reformatting your cards.

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #7,746 of 9,131
I had the same problem, but seemed to have resolved it by using the the "Settings reset" option in the "Default Settings" menu. This option deletes your settings but keeps your music intact. After reboot, it automatically did a new media scan and found my card and the music on it. No problems since - but not a guarantee since that is only a few hours.

You might want to give this a try before wasting your time reformatting your cards.

Nothing doing, unfortunately - just to be clear, the problem occurs when the unit has been switched back on from being switched off.  In other words, this morning I've been listening to a 4 CD album (located on the micro SD) and had just got to the 6th track of CD 2.  I then switched the player off when I got into work.  I tried your suggestion (thought it was worth a shot as I hadn't considered doing this), then cued up CD 2 track 6, let it play for about 10 seconds, switched the player off and then switched it back on again to test.  Same problem - unmounts and remounts the card, scans and finds everything, but does not remember what song I had got to, so I've got to go through the folders again to get to where I was.

And having to do this every time I switch off and switch on the unit (I'm not leaving it on 24/7, cos that is a ridiculous work around).

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #7,747 of 9,131

Nothing doing, unfortunately - just to be clear, the problem occurs when the unit has been switched back on from being switched off.  In other words, this morning I've been listening to a 4 CD album (located on the micro SD) and had just got to the 6th track of CD 2.  I then switched the player off when I got into work.  I tried your suggestion (thought it was worth a shot as I hadn't considered doing this), then cued up CD 2 track 6, let it play for about 10 seconds, switched the player off and then switched it back on again to test.  Same problem - unmounts and remounts the card, scans and finds everything, but does not remember what song I had got to, so I've got to go through the folders again to get to where I was.

And having to do this every time I switch off and switch on the unit (I'm not leaving it on 24/7, cos that is a ridiculous work around).

It does only loose around 5% battery on standby, not a long term solution but better than turning it off if its only for a while.

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #7,748 of 9,131

When I got my Sandisk 128GB microSD, I first used the 240SS' format option before I loaded any music. The card was formatted to FAT32.

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #7,750 of 9,131

I guess my problem is probably related but not the same.  When i turned off my device and rebooted, the card would be unmounted and the device could not find it - or sometimes it would say the card was damaged.  Reformatting solved the problem until i turned off the device and restarted.  The problem would then resurface.  After I did the reset, the card is now being recognized after a restart.  The reset then appears to solve only some of the problems related to improper mounting of cards - not all of them.

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #7,751 of 9,131

I guess my problem is probably related but not the same.  When i turned off my device and rebooted, the card would be unmounted and the device could not find it - or sometimes it would say the card was damaged.  Reformatting solved the problem until i turned off the device and restarted.  The problem would then resurface.  After I did the reset, the card is now being recognized after a restart.  The reset then appears to solve only some of the problems related to improper mounting of cards - not all of them.

Mine does the same thing.  I only got mine a week ago and thought this was just normal operation since I've only used 1.25.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #7,752 of 9,131
Mine is a stock ak240, I'm listening to it right now from the balanced out to my custom roxannes, if I press the side back or forward button, or on screen button, there is an audible soft pop, happens on all file types. doesn't worry me but its most definitely there. I don't recall if it did this prior to the update. I am however still thinking the update has improved overall sound quality.

have this issue been resolved? just curious, i think AK must release another update fw to correct all these...
also the SD card issue....

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #7,753 of 9,131
have this issue been resolved? just curious, i think AK must release another update fw to correct all these...
also the SD card issue....

Still waiting for a response from AK but in the meantime if the rest of you if not already email them to point out the problem we might get there quicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back