The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 31, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #7,022 of 9,131
" My experience suggests that the problem lies with the quality of the 2.5mm trrs connectors and not the AK 2.5 balances socket."

That is not correct, if you send your AK240 back to Iriver for replacement, the issue needs to be verified by the testing machine before Iriver send you a new one.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #7,023 of 9,131
  Guys , my Mint AK240 is listed for sale, please PM if interested, Thanks!

i think for that price u will wait a bit as they were offered for about 1600 USD few days ago on the sell forum

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #7,025 of 9,131
  i think for that price u will wait a bit as they were offered for about 1600 USD few days ago on the sell forum

I paid $2100 for a new AK240 via Amazon ($2200 but included a 128GB Sandisk micro SD). I thought this would start discount across the board since the SS version is starting to ship. Strangely enough, the bundle is back up to $2499, but now includes the dock. This is on Amazon. When I asked the seller why the change, they told me they are not allowed to sell below MSRP, but can add whatever free items they want at their cost. I didn't question why I got my bundle at below MSRP, but it seems AK got on their case about that.

Net net is that anyone who want's to sell their AK240 should probably do so now as new pricing is back up close to MSRP.

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #7,026 of 9,131

I paid $2100 for a new AK240 via Amazon ($2200 but included a 128GB Sandisk micro SD). I thought this would start discount across the board since the SS version is starting to ship. Strangely enough, the bundle is back up to $2499, but now includes the dock. This is on Amazon. When I asked the seller why the change, they told me they are not allowed to sell below MSRP, but can add whatever free items they want at their cost. I didn't question why I got my bundle at below MSRP, but it seems AK got on their case about that.

Net net is that anyone who want's to sell their AK240 should probably do so now as new pricing is back up close to MSRP.

i was referring to prices on this sell forum

anyhow good luck in selling

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #7,028 of 9,131
Guys, thanks for the advices, but usa prices are completely different, i have just bought this for 1650 pounds sterling, the dap sells everywhere in eu for £2200, i am not gonna sell it for half the money across the world, its aimed at people in europe like me, it has full warranty too, rather than someone's old ak240 this is basically a brand new unit!

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #7,030 of 9,131
  If you buy a sealed one off eBay is the warranty valid?

Validity of the warranty depends on whether the dealer is authorized or not.   If you buy something from a dealer on ebay who is not authorized, iRiver would not be legally obligated to honor any warranty.   They could honor it  at their discretion, but there is no guarantee.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #7,031 of 9,131

Validity of the warranty depends on whether the dealer is authorized or not.   If you buy something from a dealer on ebay who is not authorized, iRiver would not be legally obligated to honor any warranty.   They could honor it  at their discretion, but there is no guarantee.

Just send in your AK240 to RWA for mod and say the heck with the warranty! Solves 2 problems at once.

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #7,032 of 9,131
i just received my replacement unit for my AK240 gold., now discovered that i dont have balanced port problem but also my volume knob is really stiff compared to normal AK's ./....
anyways, its all good now...
another challenge: copying back my songs :)

Apr 1, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #7,033 of 9,131

Just send in your AK240 to RWA for mod and say the heck with the warranty! Solves 2 problems at once.

By the way the chances of getting AK to respond to your request is slim...RWA a great alternative to get problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back