The Astell & Kern AK240
Feb 26, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #6,662 of 9,131

I'd like to post pictures but i have this message : Your account does not have the required permissions to access this page. 
Maybe because i had only 4 posts...
I use very slim velcro tape that i bought on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00APYIR7E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

If you want photos you can give me your email address.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #6,663 of 9,131
I'd like to post pictures but i have this message : [COLOR=990000]Your account does not have the required permissions to access this page. [/COLOR]
Maybe because i had only 4 posts...
I use very slim velcro tape that i bought on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00APYIR7E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

If you want photos you can give me your email address.
To get the required permission you must first send a recent urine sample and your highest diploma to Jude Mansilla. Your file will be taken into the trial process for 5 years and you will them receive your card of junior headfier.

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #6,666 of 9,131
Feb 26, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #6,667 of 9,131
I have always hoped that these high end DAC players, at some point would eventually be updated to handle some of the newest lossless streaming services like Tidal, It seems like they are working on it, but its been 8 months, so I am no longer holding my breath - not much progress with any of the Astell Kern devices which I have read up on; people who own them would really enjoy this type of feature. I own the AK240 and think about this all of the time

Members on this forum are much smarter than me, I just had a question - When you pull music (offline content) from tidal, it actually downloads the proprietary music file on your computer (offline content) into a folder on your drive for offline playback, would it ever be possible to point the MQS server to the tidal music (create an app) that communicated to play this through MQS server?  . In other words, could an application be created to use Astell server to play tidal offline music?

The offline lossless music from tidal is there on you home computer , but you are only limited to play it through the Tidal music player -or the Tidal music browser ; ..  If someone could create an app to make the tidal music files communicate and play through the Astell MSQ server app, we are half way there.

Anyone think this would be possible, I would certainly pay a premium for this to be implemented.

Maybe this is a lot of work but I bet every Astell DAC owner owner would buy it. I wish I knew more about how the inner applications and protocols work but it seems like it could be a possibility. 

Am i dreaming?

Feb 27, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #6,668 of 9,131
I have always hoped that these high end DAC players, at some point would eventually be updated to handle some of the newest lossless streaming services like Tidal, It seems like they are working on it, but its been 8 months, so I am no longer holding my breath - not much progress with any of the Astell Kern devices which I have read up on; people who own them would really enjoy this type of feature. I own the AK240 and think about this all of the time

Members on this forum are much smarter than me, I just had a question - When you pull music (offline content) from tidal, it actually downloads the proprietary music file on your computer (offline content) into a folder on your drive for offline playback, would it ever be possible to point the MQS server to the tidal music (create an app) that communicated to play this through MQS server?  . In other words, could an application be created to use Astell server to play tidal offline music?

The offline lossless music from tidal is there on you home computer , but you are only limited to play it through the Tidal music player -or the Tidal music browser ; ..  If someone could create an app to make the tidal music files communicate and play through the Astell MSQ server app, we are half way there.

Anyone think this would be possible, I would certainly pay a premium for this to be implemented.

Maybe this is a lot of work but I bet every Astell DAC owner owner would buy it. I wish I knew more about how the inner applications and protocols work but it seems like it could be a possibility. 

Am i dreaming?

Tidal sent a request to fill in a user survey last week, and I made exactly that point. Explained that some of us have DAPs with better SQ than smartphones (in my case an iPhone 6 with the Tidal app), so can Tidal allow us to transfer Tidal "offline" music / albums to another device. As a musician I respect the copyright issues, but will be interesting to see how many people responded in the same way to the survey.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #6,669 of 9,131
Tidal sent a request to fill in a user survey last week, and I made exactly that point. Explained that some of us have DAPs with better SQ than smartphones (in my case an iPhone 6 with the Tidal app), so can Tidal allow us to transfer Tidal "offline" music / albums to another device. As a musician I respect the copyright issues, but will be interesting to see how many people responded in the same way to the survey.

It's the one reason I'm looking at the ZX2, to get straight streaming from Tidal on wifi.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #6,671 of 9,131
  The AK500N will get Tidal streaming AK says but not 100% sure about the 240 :frowning2:

I like music streaming, but not $15,000 worth!
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #6,673 of 9,131
  Streaming works perfectly with Qobuz on A&K, it cost 219 euros per year and fully integrated with A&K. 

My understanding from AK and Qobuz at the Bristol show on Saturday, is that Qobuz only supports downloading existing purchased albums from Qobuz, but it cannot stream any tracks, nor offline any non purchased tracks to the AK card.

Has this been updated now to make this change?

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #6,674 of 9,131
Streaming works perfectly with Qobuz on A&K, it cost 219 euros per year and fully integrated with A&K. 

Is Qobuz intégrated to the point that you can built an "hybrid" playlist that will include both locale stored files and tracks wifi streamed from qobuz in the SAME playlist ? Like it is possible with aurender and tidal.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #6,675 of 9,131
The AK500N will get Tidal streaming AK says but not 100% sure about the 240 :frowning2:

Wilt the AK500 get TIDAL instead of QOBUZ Like the ak240 has or... TIDAL AND QOBUZ :) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back