The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 23, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #2,521 of 9,131
My current DAP is the AK100. I have a number of microSD 64gb cards to add additional storage to my rig. Question: Will the 64gb cards formatted as Fat32 work with the AK240?

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #2,524 of 9,131
I finally heard the AK240 at the So-Cal Head-Fi Meet-up. Certainly drives the HD800's tons better than a AK120. Unfortunately I heard it just after the Chord Hugo that was connected to a Meridian Sooloos streaming system. 
I barely escaped the meet up with my wallet in tact. Barely. 

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #2,526 of 9,131
Hello everyone, have had Peter at Double Helix cables recable my headphones and build me a new headphone cable for my Chord Hugo. He took some pics of them with his AK240 and sent them to me so thought would share them here. Will later have an 8-Wire OCC copper cable made with a balanced plug and a single ended adapter for the AK240. Will share those pics when it has been made.

If anyone has any questions for Peter at Double Helix cables you are more than welcome to email him at the address provided below.

doublehelixcables@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #2,527 of 9,131
Hello everyone, have had Peter at Double Helix cables recable my headphones and build me a new headphone cable for my Chord Hugo. He took some pics of them with his AK240 and sent them to me so thought would share them here. Will later have an 8-Wire OCC copper cable made with a balanced plug and a single ended adapter for the AK240. Will share those pics when it has been made.

If anyone has any questions for Peter at Double Helix cables you are more than welcome to email him at the address provided below.

Wouldnt it be more convenient to make a 2.5mm female to whichever termination you need for your home system
I mean those mini XLRs hanging from the headphones look like a bit of a pain, especially for portable use. 
Still glad to see balanced cables coming out with 2.5mm balanced cables though =)

Mar 24, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #2,533 of 9,131
Be
Between Double Helix & Moon audio, if you e mail them, I bet they could whip up for the right price, there making them by hand.

Even the jack itself? Are they making jacks by hand? I want a 2.5mm TRRS hi-quality right angle jack/plug.

Mar 24, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #2,534 of 9,131
Oh by the way forgot to mention in my earlier post with pics that the Triple Threat adapters installed in my headphones have Audeze connectors and the headphone cable has an Audeze plug so will work with any Audeze headphones also!

If anyone has any questions please contact Peter at Double Helix cables with the email address provided below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back