The Astell & Kern AK240
Jan 31, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #1,457 of 9,131
I

Don't hear it... And mine is not "apparently"
You are visibly implying that I invented this. A friend has it and has a slight hiss on his Fitear MH335DW. Not strong but not a completely black background. This occurs with all transports. But only with this particularly sensitive iem. Apparently. Of course we will wait for other people to test it with various sensitive iems to confirm.

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #1,458 of 9,131
You are visibly implying that I invented this. A friend has it and has a slight hiss on his Fitear MH335DW. Not strong but not a completely black background. This occurs with all transports. But only with this particularly sensitive iem. Apparently. Of course we will wait for other people to test it with various sensitive iems to confirm.

Apologies if you read it that way.

I went back to look into this. You can hear it when you stop the music I then cranked the volume way up and simply plugged the IEM's in and out to see if this was real or not - it is. 

After you lock in on this frequency you can turn it down and you can still notice it. Not annoying and sticking out though especially when the music starts.

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #1,459 of 9,131
Apologies if you read it that way.

I went back to look into this. You can hear it when you stop the music I then cranked the volume way up and simply plugged the IEM's in and out to see if this was real or not - it is. 

After you lock in on this frequency you can turn it down and you can still notice it. Not annoying and sticking out though especially when the music starts.
No problem. I suppose it may vary depending on the iem. Thanks for the feedback. It is important to me as I only use iems, including some sensitive ones. So I will wait for more feedback on the matter. Cheers

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #1,460 of 9,131

A purchase is not necessary, and a trade with 1+2 will do. :)

lol 
etysmile.gif

Feb 1, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #1,461 of 9,131
This has probably been covered, but is there a US/North America release date set yet? 

Sorry, this thread is so long, and I researched their site and the web and could not find that info. 

I'm wondering the same.

Trying to figure out a good DAP between AK 240, AK 120, ZX1, DX 100.

I think this would go well with JH Roxanne.

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #1,462 of 9,131
X5 looks like a good value option too.

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #1,463 of 9,131
DX90 will be out in a couple of months or so too. If it really does improve on the DX50 , it will be quite special. They've ironed out pretty much all of the gremlins in the firmware now too, so should be pretty smooth right out of the gate...

Feb 2, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #1,466 of 9,131
I'm wondering the same.

Trying to figure out a good DAP between AK 240, AK 120, ZX1, DX 100.

I think this would go well with JH Roxanne.

tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #1,467 of 9,131
I got to listen to the 240 at a local convention today.
Pics and impressions following :p

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #1,468 of 9,131
I got to listen to the 240 at a local convention today.
Pics and impressions following :p

can't wait ...

PS: try to understand about this "Line-out bloc" that we saw on some pictures and Try to find if the LO is a " réal " LO
And check the Play list management.
Also, if you can, take some pics of the UI please.
And.... Tell us How it sound. :)

Thanks in advance.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #1,469 of 9,131
can't wait ...

PS: try to understand about this "Line out bloc" that we saw on some pictures ... And check thé Play list management. Take some pics of thé UI please.

I'm already on way home...
Did not try out the playlist feature. But I have one or two pics of the UI and the funny block line out thingamabob. They only had the block there to show that it exists, but no headphones attached to it. But I tried the balanced out with the AK/Final Audio IEMs and some huge balanced headphones I never heard of.

Don't expect too much from me :-D
Only things I could compare them with are my SM64 and the DX50.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #1,470 of 9,131
I'm already on way home...
Did not try out the playlist feature. But I have one or two pics of the UI and the funny block line out thingamabob. They only had the block there to show that it exists, but no headphones attached to it. But I tried the balanced out with the AK/Final Audio IEMs and some huge balanced headphones I never heard of.

Don't expect too much from me :-D
Only things I could compare them with are my SM64 and the DX50.

Did they explained the purpose of the "funny block line out " ? ? ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back