1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Astell & Kern AK240

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by mrbig, Dec 28, 2013.
First

Back
587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596
598 599 600 601
Next

Last
  1. gazzington
    Does anybody still do mods for the ak240?

2. musicinmymind
    I will never buy AK products again, I am located in Dubai and my AK240 is not longer working, following up with Customer service guy (eddy.park@iriver.com) from past 6 months, even after multiple followup he takes months to replay and nothing is moving.

My AK240 is just paper weight now.

3. LuckyNat
    So far, the AK120 MkII, AK240, AK300, AK320, AK380 are all still able to stream fine.

They're already great purchases and I'd probably purchase them now at their current pricing rather than wait until they're at the price the original AK100 is now (which is what was being said above).

AK320 is surely the best value though - the same as the AK380 minus DSD processing engine - at around £500 on ebay. People are still asking high prices for the AK380 and AK240 because those people paid a lot and are unwilling to let them go too cheaply - so often the case with top models, no matter if they were superceded by non-top models.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  4. LuckyNat
    Why not get it fixed by someone else? What's wrong?

5. musicinmymind
    It do not power on, did try all the tricks like hard boot, etc.

Please suggest other options and getting it fixed.

6. LuckyNat
    Undo the screws and open it up... change battery? Dirty power button? Is it recognised by a computer?

7. musicinmymind
    Not sure which tool is required to undo screws, also do we get spare battery?

if I put it on charge for long time whole unit heats up but do not power on, no luck with computer also.

8. LuckyNat
    a screwdriver.

9. burtomr
    Ahh...no, not a screwdriver. The 2 screws on the bottom are actually very small Allen Head screws (6 sided hex). To remove the back a small suction cup will help. Best done by somebody who is familiar with opening similar devices like Samsung phones which also have adhesively attached back panels.

10. Stephen George
    it's a "t-6" size (pretty small)...best to pick up a cheapo electronic gadget toolset, just recently got a nice oria set with coupon for $10

11. Stephen George
    i guess i should have directly answered you :)
    as I wrote
    it's a "t-6" size (pretty small)...best to pick up a cheapo electronic gadget toolset, just recently got a nice oria set with coupon for $10

and yes, you can get a battery for $20 or so (use a coupon) from aliexpress

12. LuckyNat
    Many screwdriver sets (mini or standard size) come with hex, or torx bits/ends that will be the right tool. Just a difference in use of terminology between us.

13. Mark76
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  14. LuckyNat
    Sounds like it will work to change the 2.5mm balanced socket to a 3.5mm balanced socket. That would be fine for AK240.

15. indra040293
    test it with some cheap cans first.... i i think there is a big chance of it breaking your cans

coz ,well using 2.5female to 3.5mm male adapter is considered normal, but dunno the reverse

First

Back
587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596
598 599 600 601
Next

Last