The Astell & Kern AK240
Feb 9, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #6,556 of 9,131
Wonder if someone can help me with this issue? Have had my AK240 for about a year. I load 24bit FLAC downloads onto the internal storage of the unit and load 16bit FLAC CD rips onto my 128GB micro SD card in the unit. When I click on Artists the first section will have an "Unknown artist" tab appearing before the first alphabetical artist (currently Albert Lee) and in the Unknown artist section there are several albums (15 at present) where I track only from 15 different loaded albums appear and when I click on one of those tracks to play it I get a message which says "Too many unsupported files. Exiting Music Player". Does anyone know how I can fix this?-I have tried an all media scan on the unit and this has not sorted the issue. It's frustrating as sometimes the "Unknown artists" tracks may reduce in number by a couple and then it more often than not goes back up to the previous level-it only happens with albums loaded onto the SD card and does not happen with the 24bit albums loaded on the internal storage section of the player. Has anyone else had this issue?

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #6,557 of 9,131
Wonder if someone can help me with this issue? Have had my AK240 for about a year. I load 24bit FLAC downloads onto the internal storage of the unit and load 16bit FLAC CD rips onto my 128GB micro SD card in the unit. When I click on Artists the first section will have an "Unknown artist" tab appearing before the first alphabetical artist (currently Albert Lee) and in the Unknown artist section there are several albums (15 at present) where I track only from 15 different loaded albums appear and when I click on one of those tracks to play it I get a message which says "Too many unsupported files. Exiting Music Player". Does anyone know how I can fix this?-I have tried an all media scan on the unit and this has not sorted the issue. It's frustrating as sometimes the "Unknown artists" tracks may reduce in number by a couple and then it more often than not goes back up to the previous level-it only happens with albums loaded onto the SD card and does not happen with the 24bit albums loaded on the internal storage section of the player. Has anyone else had this issue?

I've been having the same issue. It's on and off so I'm not sure what is up.
I did reformat the micro sd cardfirst in the pc then loaded it into the ak and formatted it again.
Then re-transferred the albums.. So far it's working fine again for now. It's only been a few days and I haven't loaded everything back yet so I can't guarantee or pinpoint the issue yet. Hope that helps

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #6,558 of 9,131
http://www.astellnkern.com/eng/htm/ak240/ak240ss.asp

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #6,560 of 9,131
  http://www.astellnkern.com/eng/htm/ak240/ak240ss.asp

Beautiful! I hope this update to the site means they are getting ready to ship. 
size]

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #6,561 of 9,131
it looks like there is a seam on the top left edge ...

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #6,562 of 9,131
Finally, no mention of the glass back. The preliminary info indicated there would be a glass back instead of the plastic back used on the 240.

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #6,563 of 9,131
From that page, my only impression is that they replace anodized duralumin with stainless steel to lower the manufacturing cost while raising the price by claiming that will improve the SQ?

Btw, I am quite surprised that the pans, knives and forks in my kitchen are made of metal that is "already widely used on high-end timepieces."
tongue.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #6,564 of 9,131
  From that page, my only impression is that they replace anodized duralumin with stainless steel to lower the manufacturing cost while raising the price by claiming that will improve the SQ?

Btw, I am quite surprised that the pans, knives and forks in my kitchen are made of metal that is "already widely used on high-end timepieces."
tongue.gif

Well, it's easier than fixing the bugs.

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #6,565 of 9,131

Well, it's easier than fixing the bugs.

You are absolutely right.  

tongue.gif

I'd put my money to RWAK should I want the best out of the electronic hardware (not the outer case).   Should we want the best out of our AKs, IMHO, Vinnie is who you should turn to in order to deliver your goal.

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #6,566 of 9,131
Help please!!

My AK240 is having a strange phenomenon. When i first inserted the microsd it did a media scan for around 30 minutes which is normal. However everytime I switch it off and on is starts very normal taking around 25 sec to open and recognize the microsd and even start playing, however 30 seconds later it initiates a media scan that takes 15 minutes (shorter than the initial scan but very long) during which I cannot access the sd as it shows its busy. This does not happen to all my colleagues that own it. Any advise? For more info, i noticed that even if I remove the sd and turn it on a media scan still is intiated but i can access the internal memory normally. Also I noticed that when tapping the albums view the playing is always interrupted, unlike when taping other views like artists, folders,....

Is this a software bug on my particular unit or a hardware issue related to the mechanism of reading microsd? I am running in 1.18 although the issue was out of the box before updating to the latest.

Please give me your feedback

Thanks

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #6,567 of 9,131
Help please!!

My AK240 is having a strange phenomenon. When i first inserted the microsd it did a media scan for around 30 minutes which is normal. However everytime I switch it off and on is starts very normal taking around 25 sec to open and recognize the microsd and even start playing, however 30 seconds later it initiates a media scan that takes 15 minutes (shorter than the initial scan but very long) during which I cannot access the sd as it shows its busy. This does not happen to all my colleagues that own it. Any advise? For more info, i noticed that even if I remove the sd and turn it on a media scan still is intiated but i can access the internal memory normally. Also I noticed that when tapping the albums view the playing is always interrupted, unlike when taping other views like artists, folders,...

Is this a software bug on my particular unit or a hardware issue related to the mechanism of reading microsd? I am running in 1.18 although the issue was out of the box before updating to the latest.

Please give me your feedback

Thanks

Have you tried a new SD card?  

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #6,569 of 9,131
I have just tried the 64G microsd and now it works fine, thankfully. I remain to understand if this only happens on the past 128G sd or all 128G microsds. I don't have other 128s to try though.

It might be a faulty 128G card that you have.  Now at least confirmed that your 240 is working fine.  Enjoy

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #6,570 of 9,131
I have just tried the 64G microsd and now it works fine, thankfully. I remain to understand if this only happens on the past 128G sd or all 128G microsds. I dont have other 128s to try though.

People have been using 128gb cards without issues - including myself.  Keep in mind that there are a lot of fake 128s out there.  Make sure u only buy those from reputable dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back