The Astell & Kern AK240
Sep 24, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #5,446 of 9,131
Perhaps email Crystal cable for an authenticity check? Congrats on your purchase and (gift!?).
Connect to an amp to listen if its great and enjoy mu along the way...

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #5,447 of 9,131
Hmm, I never received that white AK booklet with mine. Is that the manual ? Is it downloadable from AK ?

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #5,448 of 9,131
  Hmm, I never received that white AK booklet with mine. Is that the manual ? Is it downloadable from AK ?

The booklet is actually a 6 page document covering what Astell&Kern is and the current lineup including the AK100ii, AK120ii and the AK240 with full specs.  Based on what I have been able to find via google is what I got appears to be a special "gift package" including the AK240 and the Crystal Cable, that was prepared exclusively for ParagonAribia, which is a high end retailer/service provider in Saudia Aribia.

I can only assume someone received this gift and had no idea what it was, or had no interest, and sold it off to a Los Angeles-based electronics company that sells computers and other electronics on eBay.  Given there is no doubt the AK240 is real, as I auditioned one in my home for a week just a week ago, then the Crystal Cable has to be real as well.  Why would someone package a real AK240 with a fake Crystal Cable?

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #5,449 of 9,131
  The booklet is actually a 6 page document covering what Astell&Kern is and the current lineup including the AK100ii, AK120ii and the AK240 with full specs.  Based on what I have been able to find via google is what I got appears to be a special "gift package" including the AK240 and the Crystal Cable, that was prepared exclusively for ParagonAribia, which is a high end retailer/service provider in Saudia Aribia.

I can only assume someone received this gift and had no idea what it was, or had no interest, and sold it off to a Los Angeles-based electronics company that sells computers and other electronics on eBay.  Given there is no doubt the AK240 is real, as I auditioned one in my home for a week just a week ago, then the Crystal Cable has to be real as well.  Why would someone package a real AK240 with a fake Crystal Cable?

How much did you pay for it, btw?

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #5,450 of 9,131
Perhaps email Crystal cable for an authenticity check? Congrats on your purchase and (gift!?).
Connect to an amp to listen if its great and enjoy mu along the way...

Thanks.  I have been using a Moon Audio 12" Toslink from my RWAK100 to my Hugo, and plan to use the same with the AK240.  The Crystal Cable is 1.5M, which is way too long for this purpose.  Guess I can sell it...

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #5,454 of 9,131
I don't think there's a fake ak240..yet. Congrats on the purchase
smily_headphones1.gif

+1 about fakes, congrats your in for a treat!

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #5,459 of 9,131
Reminds me of a sopranos when they goto Hollywood to meet Ben Kingsley and he isn't the free product place and given loads of free stuff including an iriver player.

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #5,460 of 9,131
CHG - perhaps you can help me.  I just received a new, unopened AK240 I bought on eBay.  It came in a larger Crystal Cable box that included the unopened AK240, the Crystal Cable and pouch - the same as in your facebook post above.  I thought I was just buying the AK240, but the CrystalConnect Reference cable and pouch were included - see picture below.  Inside the box is a small certificate of authenticity from Crystal Cable made exclusively for Paragon.  What do I have here? The cable is very heavy.  I assume it is not fake as I'm listening to the AK240 now and it's the real deal.  I just don't know about the cable.  Thanks for any help you or others can provide.

wooooo! So lucky you are with a gift likes that. May be you should say thank to the seller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back