The Astell & Kern AK240
May 15, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #3,151 of 9,131
  First and foremost, I would be remiss if I didn't thank Saraguie, chawya22, and kantana for such immediate and helpful responses. You guys are awesome! That said, it doesn't seem I'm doing anything wrong. The great screen shot posted by Saraguie looks like my directory. Sometimes I drag and it works and the next time I get multiple messages regarding "screen locked" or cannot "create folder". Must be in the 240 somewhere...and the playing of the music cannot be "stopped" just "paused"?

Looks like you are trying to copy nested folders over.  I have better luck doing one at a time.  When you have the folder locked it means the folder already exists on the AK240.  So use the folder explorer on the AK240 to check and delete.  There is a limit to the character length of the path or filename as well.  I had to truncate some filenames to successfulky copy.

May 15, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #3,153 of 9,131
Hope someone can assist: using iMac with Android transfer to my 240 I repeatedly receive different messages, "Device Locked", "Cannot create folder", which will not allow dragging and dropping from my Finder music library. And then, without explanation, it works. Really annoying. Anyone else having this issue or am I doing something incorrectly. I would really appreciate any and all responses

I had a lot of problems when I first got my AK240 and tried to transfer files. I think I was rushing to fast when I first plugged the unit into my mac pro. Now I leave it a couple minutes for Android device app to load properly and have had no problems since.

May 15, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #3,156 of 9,131
First and foremost, I would be remiss if I didn't thank Saraguie, chawya22, and kantana for such immediate and helpful responses. You guys are awesome! That said, it doesn't seem I'm doing anything wrong. The great screen shot posted by Saraguie looks like my directory. Sometimes I drag and it works and the next time I get multiple messages regarding "screen locked" or cannot "create folder". Must be in the 240 somewhere...and the playing of the music cannot be "stopped" just "paused"?

Maybe try a different cable.. There could be a short in the connection. Wild guess, hope it helps.

May 15, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #3,162 of 9,131
To one and all: what a great thread! That said, I'm doing something right and something wrong. But can't determine which is which! I've done most of the previous suggestions and think it's fixed and then.....back to glitchy. And sometimes I just repeat and it will transfer. I think you are correct re nested folders and the creation thereof, but still inconsistent. Everyone's input is just great!

May 15, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #3,165 of 9,131
Hey guys,

I just got my AK240 and I'm trying to copy files to it and I've been getting errors.  And what's really strange is that when I try to see what files did copy over successfully, it takes about 2 seconds per file just to read a folder's contents.  You navigate to a folder with Explorer (doing this on Win 7) and it takes a long time just to read the folder list.

Is this normal?  Is copying via the supplied USB cable not the way to go?

Any help appreciated as I don't have much time before I leave on a week's vacation!

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back