The Astell & Kern AK240
Apr 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #2,731 of 9,131
Thank you Amos
You are right and I think AK headphone out and line out have the same voltage output , my friend told me
That's why if we use AK with other amps , the result is no distortion.
If headphone out and pair with other amp for sure got Distortion, because of double amping .
IMO
Same thing for the Balanced out? I haven't noticed any Distortion , while paired with Duet.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #2,732 of 9,131

Just FYI, effectively, there is no effective difference between a "line out" and a headphone out when using either with another amp, if the voltage output is the same. 
smile.gif

Thank you Amos
You are right and I think AK headphone out and line out have the same voltage output , my friend told me
That's why if we use AK with other amps , the result is no distortion.
If headphone out and pair with other amp for sure got Distortion, because of double amping .
IMO

Am I confused?  Rudi's statement seems to contradict Currawong about no diff between the two lines out.  I'm sure I'm just missing something here.  Thanks.

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #2,733 of 9,131

Am I confused?  Rudi's statement seems to contradict Currawong about no diff between the two lines out.  I'm sure I'm just missing something here.  Thanks.

Regular unbalanced headphone out is 2.1 volts vs 2.3 volts balanced.  Since there is no dedicated line out, it makes sense that the line out has the same voltage as regular headphone out though.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #2,734 of 9,131
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and the hobby so please be gentle with me :).
I just bought an AK240, upgrade from AK120 titan that I use for about a week.
What I miss from the titan is that I can sync it using the iRiver plus 4 software, as for the AK240 the iRiver didn't recognize it.

So is there any other software that I can use for this purpose, specially to create a playlist in my computer to be use in the AK240?

I saw someone post the question but couldn't find the reply/answer for it.
Making a playlist directly in the AK is a pain considering the numbers of song that we have in them.

Really appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #2,735 of 9,131
I have been making a folder on my 240 then dropping my playlist from my iTunes (by selecting all the songs, then dragging and dropping) into that folder. Works simply and easy. However , others in the forum have pointed out that every time you load a file it duplicates therefore eating up storage. But my files contain just one selection and not in any other playlist, I'm fine. Some album art transfers too.hope this helps, because I agree with you on creating playlists directly on the 240. But what great sound!

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #2,736 of 9,131
Hi All,
What I miss from the titan is that I can sync it using the iRiver plus 4 software, as for the AK240 the iRiver didn't recognize it.

So is there any other software that I can use for this purpose, specially to create a playlist in my computer to be use in the AK240?

Making a playlist directly in the AK is a pain considering the numbers of song that we have in them.

Many thanks.

There are a few that you can use to organize, and create playlists. Media Monkey, Foobar. These should work fine.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #2,737 of 9,131
@lawrencewayne @kh600rr...many thanks for the info both, really appreciate it.

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #2,738 of 9,131
  Hi All,

Many thanks.

Markspace The Missing Sync works for me. The problem is that the AK240 uses MTP to connect, so to browse what is on it you need Android File Transfer.

Apr 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #2,739 of 9,131

Markspace The Missing Sync works for me. The problem is that the AK240 uses MTP to connect, so to browse what is on it you need Android File Transfer.

Good apps here I've use Markspace products before. Only problem is this one not completely compatible with the horrid Mavericks OS.  I think the music transfer portion may work.

I'm an Apple fanboy but Mavericks = Vista........terrbile misstep on Apple's part.

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #2,741 of 9,131
Music sync works fine for me, however I did have to remove the "Notes" plug-in to get the software to work, even though it isn't selected to sync.

I might email the developer and ask about when they plan to update the software.

Apr 17, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #2,742 of 9,131
Dear All,
Thanks for the input.
So far I've tried all the software mention here but none is so versatile as the iRiver plus 4 with the old AK120 that I have.
It's so easy with the iRiver plus 4 + AK120 in the past I simply drag and drop the music in the AK120 directly and create/edit/delete the playlist.
With those software mention above, I need to create the playlist in the computer and sync it with the AK240...or I'm missing something here.

After trying, I finally use the windows media player, create the playlist there (in the computer) and later on copy the playlist to my AK240 playlist directory, so far it works fine, not perfect but work nevertheless.
Hopefully iRiver issued their compatible software for AK240 in the near future, they should, for such an expensive and amazing equipment, little things like this really counts.

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #2,743 of 9,131
  Music sync works fine for me, however I did have to remove the "Notes" plug-in to get the software to work, even though it isn't selected to sync.

I might email the developer and ask about when they plan to update the software.

Hi Currawong...
OOT a bit hope everyone ok, I saw your profile picts that you have an XC, in your experience, what is the best portable/desktop amps and cable that go with it that really brings out the true potential of the XC ?
Currently I'm using AK240 - Hifi M8 (toslink) - LCD-XC, to my ear the sounds amazing compare to my previous Alo Conti V3 setup.
Thanks

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #2,744 of 9,131

Hi Currawong...
OOT a bit hope everyone ok, I saw your profile picts that you have an XC, in your experience, what is the best portable/desktop amps and cable that go with it that really brings out the true potential of the XC ?
Currently I'm using AK240 - Hifi M8 (toslink) - LCD-XC, to my ear the sounds amazing compare to my previous Alo Conti V3 setup.
Thanks

I wont have the LCD-XCs back for a few days at least. Have you tried the balanced output of the AK240? Using an AK240 as a digital transport is a heck of a waste IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back