The Astell & Kern AK120
Nov 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #4,216 of 7,071
hey guy,

since the RWAK120-B must pair with an amp.
I have a stupid idea to remove the inter connect cable from RWAK120-B to SR71-B as I feel the cable make the setup look a little bulky.

1. Remove the SR71-B casing
2. Instead of inter connect cable now solder the cable from trrs connector through hole on SR71-B board to RWAK120-B board thru volume knob that removed, RWAK120-B casing can remain as it is.
3. Make a new casing stack SR71-B board and RWAK120-B together. 1 cable less and now it become 1piece.

SR71-B faceplate still remain there, only make a bigger case that can fit 120 & SR71-B together.

Looks neater? What you guy think? Crazy? Haha

Nov 2, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #4,218 of 7,071
Something like this?

But the cons is if any failure will need to desolder the wire then can send for repair.
Something like this? Anyone know if we can purchase the battery for the dap and amp above?

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #4,220 of 7,071
  Need Help to manage, create playlist on mac OS for AK120.

Hey Samuel,
Parallels Desktop?
I don't think there's currently any way to do this, as there's no iriver software for a mac.
I was considering making some 'pseudo albums' by playing with making symbolic links to songs in a new folder. I don't know if it would work because it appears that the AK120 is reading the tags encoded in the flac files.
You could certainly use a program like Tag (~$5 on the iTunes app store) to put a playlist name in place of the real album name in your flac files. They would show up as an album. You can get them to play in the right order by messing with the track number tag.
I'm pretty handy with unix commands on the mac. Maybe we could get somebody to post the playlist files the iriver software creates on the PC and we could figure out a way to make them on a mac. I can't promise until I've had a look. 
Any PC users want to help us out? PM me if you have a playlist file and we'll look into dropboxing or emailing it.  
Thanks!
Sam

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #4,221 of 7,071
  I don't think there's currently any way to do this, as there's no iriver software for a mac.

Incidentally this seems really short sighted, as there's a pretty obvious overlap between people who buy premium computers and people who buy premium DAPs.

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #4,222 of 7,071

Hey Samuel,
Parallels Desktop?
I was considering making some 'pseudo albums' by playing with making symbolic links to songs in a new folder. I don't know if it would work because it appears that the AK120 is reading the tags encoded in the flac files.
You could certainly use a program like Tag (~$5 on the iTunes app store) to put a playlist name in place of the real album name in your flac files. They would show up as an album. You can get them to play in the right order by messing with the track number tag.
I'm pretty handy with unix commands on the mac. Maybe we could get somebody to post the playlist files the iriver software creates on the PC and we could figure out a way to make them on a mac. I can't promise until I've had a look. 
Any PC users want to help us out? PM me if you have a playlist file and we'll look into dropboxing or emailing it.  
Thanks!
Sam

Thank so much for your contribution.
i'm trying Media center 18 but don't really know if it will work. Hope that one developer will work on this issue du make mac users and AK120 happy.
regards
sam

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #4,223 of 7,071
Are there not programs like WINE that allow you to run Windows programs on a Mac?

Should be if you look.

Writing to them would help also... is a major over sight considering the device accepts apple files (from what I recall)

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #4,225 of 7,071
Just seen on FB that the AK100 now supports DSD with todays firmware update.

http://www.iriver.com/company/notice_view.asp?sno=71&irTop=0

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #4,226 of 7,071
Just seen on FB that the AK100 now supports DSD with todays firmware update.

http://www.iriver.com/company/notice_view.asp?sno=71&irTop=0

I'm sure they'll enjoy it. Gives me hope that they'll keep things coming for us, as well!

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #4,229 of 7,071
I have not had that happen with mine.

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #4,230 of 7,071
I'm still holding out for true m3u playlist support. That is my main qualm at this point. Come on iRiver it's been centuries already :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back