The Astell & Kern AK120
Oct 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #4,188 of 7,071
wow, i knew it, i could smell full frame DSLR here :D

actually this is the camera i want to replace my Mark 1D3 with

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #4,189 of 7,071
wow, i knew it, i could smell full frame DSLR here
biggrin.gif

actually this is the camera i want to replace my Mark 1D3 with

The 5DIII is a very fine camera. It does many things well and the tracking works well. The quiet shutter mode is excellent and works well for wedding or events where keeping your camera quiet is an advantage. Great for street photography as well. I think it is quieter than my Leica M9. 

Now, back tot he dap. :^)

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #4,190 of 7,071
  The 5DIII is a very fine camera. It does many things well and the tracking works well. The quiet shutter mode is excellent and works well for wedding or events where keeping your camera quiet is an advantage. Great for street photography as well. I think it is quieter than my Leica M9. 

Now, back tot he dap. :^)

...... M9... a real overprice camera, but the lens... top notch.

Oct 31, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #4,191 of 7,071
I am sorry, But i get so ticked off when someone "states" something is overpriced! Usually they say it because they cannot afford it or don't want to pay the cost of it!

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it! As to the M9. For me, it and the lenses are worth every penny. The body is hand built, your buying into photographic history, exceptional build quality and a history of being able to service and have repaired second to none.

Most people I know who own Leica own them for those reasons and yes, pay a little more for the privilege! To us (I am a Leica owner, X1 & D-Lux5) the cost is well worth it!

Yes, I know the D-Lux5 is a Panasonic but I also know it's design is very slightly different and I prefer those differences when it comes to image style. The Panasonic was not even an option for me and I have never regretted for one moment the extra cost as it is easily absorbed by the slight technical difference plus the extended warranty.

Oct 31, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #4,192 of 7,071
I am sorry, But i get so ticked off when someone "states" something is overpriced! Usually they say it because they cannot afford it or don't want to pay the cost of it!

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it! As to the M9. For me, it and the lenses are worth every penny. The body is hand built, your buying into photographic history, exceptional build quality and a history of being able to service and have repaired second to none.

Most people I know who own Leica own them for those reasons and yes, pay a little more for the privilege! To us (I am a Leica owner, X1 & D-Lux5) the cost is well worth it!

Yes, I know the D-Lux5 is a Panasonic but I also know it's design is very slightly different and I prefer those differences when it comes to image style. The Panasonic was not even an option for me and I have never regretted for one moment the extra cost as it is easily absorbed by the slight technical difference plus the extended warranty.

You got your point, but it definitely over price for me as i'm comparing it to other high end camera like D4, 1DX, even a digital MF could be cheaper for the whole setup, higher resolution, superb AFC but it win for it's size as FF. Handcraft or not it mean nothing to me, i'm just look for image quality for photography. I think we off topic too much.. lets back to track :p.

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #4,193 of 7,071
I would think that in AK120 forum people would understand that sometimes you pay a lot more for something that's a little better. 
I'm an M9 owner. 
For me a camera is as good as the picture you can take with it. I've been shooting with Leica M film cameras for 30 years, so I can get my shot without thinking about the equipment with the M9. At my age I'll never be as fluid with the 5D. 
These days all of the full fame sensors are better than you'll probably ever need, but you can see the quality of the lens in a facebook post. 
It's really hard to call something overpriced when it is always backordered. The market clearly supports the price. 
Shoot RAW!

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #4,195 of 7,071
At times 'over priced' is a look at the components involved and what other cheaper devices can do with less or the same at a lower price. There is a thing amongst companies into highly priced products that has them think that they can charge the earth for a grain of sand as long as its made to look pretty so it works both ways. It would be good to do a scientific comparison between the output of certain audio devices to see if they really stand to their claims... or whether the cost has placebo'ed people into thinking it better.

Says the guy with the most expensive DAP on the market with a $600 upgrade in mind not including an amp.

If you put the player on its back and look at the buttons, they are in the right place. I guess that's how Iriver engineers see it.

Ah... so left is backward and right is forward from their view .lol. Still doesn't make sense, no one has the player on its back like that, its always going to be standing, in which case up is forward and down is backward. Really enjoy these cultural variances sometimes, can see it in the UI's they develop for players in the East with companies like Cowon, people struggle to find them intuitive in other places due to cultural differences.... would have thought up as forward - down as backward would have been somewhat universal though... confess to finding it a bit annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back