The Astell & Kern AK120
Mar 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #5,506 of 7,071
  thank you 
turns out I way wrong I asked Tyll at inner fidelity and he said it would increase output impedance I believe the other party in this discussion could have used his attempt to educate me in another way.

I think he did...
tongue.gif

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #5,507 of 7,071
Aaaaanyway. Back to the thread at hand. Has anyone with the RWAK120B mod had any particular issues? Battery life, clipping, etc?

Kojaku

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #5,508 of 7,071
  thank you 
turns out I was wrong I asked Tyll at inner fidelity and he said it would increase output impedance I believe the other party in this discussion could have used his attempt to educate me in another way.

If saying that you are mistaken is rude when correct, guilty as charged. I would think arguing a wrong position to the death, calling me a know it all, blocking and not addressing me directly is much more rude. Corrections become more pointed when needing to be repeated. Would have been nice if you had confirmed my position before arguing and getting yourself upset instead of after. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #5,510 of 7,071
Aaaaanyway. Back to the thread at hand. Has anyone with the RWAK120B mod had any particular issues? Battery life, clipping, etc?

Kojaku

I really enjoy mine, it is paired with the Duet and the TH900 balanced. I have to say that the AK battery drains very fast (just with FLAC's), I probably get around 6 hours. I solved this with an Anker external battery ($45) that charges the RWAK up to three times, also while listening. The duet goes for more than 10 hours so no problem there. No clipping with the duet. Other than that no problems, although I do not care much about UI, I am more focused on SQ. With the Mac, drag and drop works well but no playlists. I hope this helps. Best. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #5,511 of 7,071
  I really enjoy mine, it is paired with the Duet and the TH900 balanced. I have to say that the AK battery drains very fast (just with FLAC's), I probably get around 6 hours. I solved this with an Anker external battery ($45) that charges the RWAK up to three times, also while listening. The duet goes for more than 10 hours so no problem there. No clipping with the duet. Other than that no problems, although I do not care much about UI, I am more focused on SQ. With the Mac, drag and drop works well but no playlists. I hope this helps. Best. 

Cool, thanks!

Btw, does anyone know of an easy way to sync my tracks with their ID3 tags and artwork from iTunes onto the AK120? iriver plus 4 opened up and automatically changed/destroyed all my metadata so I'm pulling my tracks from my backup drive right now. Anyone got a solution?

Kojaku

Mar 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #5,512 of 7,071
Hi,

I noticed, most of you connect the amp directly to the PHONE OUT port of AK120 or AK100.

I have paid attention to those pictures, in which, the volume controls are still there, which means they are NOT MOD ones from RWA.

So I am wondering why it is so common people connect amp directly to the PO of AKs, especially if you browse in ALO Audio's Gallery, they connect their MK3 directly to the PO...which IMO, is hard to understand...

I would appreciate if somebody could answer this since I am interested in AK120 and I wish it could have both PO and LO port.

Henry

Mar 5, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #5,514 of 7,071

Cool, thanks!

Btw, does anyone know of an easy way to sync my tracks with their ID3 tags and artwork from iTunes onto the AK120? iriver plus 4 opened up and automatically changed/destroyed all my metadata so I'm pulling my tracks from my backup drive right now. Anyone got a solution?

Kojaku

Don't use the iriver software.. 

I basically just drag & drop my iTunes music files to the SD cards or AK120 directly, then scan the library.. tags & artworks all show up fine

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #5,515 of 7,071
  Don't use the iriver software.. 

I basically just drag & drop my iTunes music files to the SD cards or AK120 directly, then scan the library.. tags & artworks all show up fine

Oh yeah? Even artwork downloaded from itunes?

Kojaku

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #5,517 of 7,071

Yup.. all of them show up fine.

Wow, that's awesome!

Also, I picked up two of these (partially because of the fact that they're a nice brown color and partially because I love Samuel L. Jackson):

Hehe.

Kojaku

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #5,518 of 7,071
Does the AK120 support Dual 128GB Micro SD's?

Thinking of buying these.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IIJ6W4S/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_it_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay-20

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #5,520 of 7,071
  I managed to get my hands on a 128GB card and filled it up and put it in my 120 Titan and so far so good it seems to be working just as the 64GB card did!

^
Some has already gotten them working on the 120 :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back