The Astell & Kern AK120
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #3,976 of 7,071
Has anybody had any luck getting Album Art to show up with WAV files? The ones I bought from HDTracks have art - I can see it in 'Tag' for mac. But it doesn't show up on the screen of the AK120. Possible future firmware improvement? Is there a current workaround?
thx
Sam

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #3,977 of 7,071
  Has anybody had any luck getting Album Art to show up with WAV files? The ones I bought from HDTracks have art - I can see it in 'Tag' for mac. But it doesn't show up on the screen of the AK120. Possible future firmware improvement? Is there a current workaround?
thx
Sam

Album art for WAV is not supported on the AK120.... haven't heard any plans to support or any workaround.  Other brands/model get around this with a folder.jpg or cover.jpg file in the album folder for the player to read and use that as the default album art for these .wav files. 

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #3,980 of 7,071
I think it is officially only meant to be charged via the usb on your computer.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #3,981 of 7,071
  Going to China and wondering if the AK120 will charge with 220 as well as 110, or do I have to use a voltage converter?

I searched the documentation and on the unit and I could not find.

My AK120 did not come with a power adapter. It just comes with a USB cable.

You can charge the AK120 using anything with a USB port with power like a laptop, computer, etc. Alternately you can buy a 220 compatible USB power adapter like the ones that come with tablets, phones, etc.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #3,983 of 7,071
I've charged mine several times with an inexpensive universal USB power adapter. Amazon has them for less than $15. Get one with several ports. One device will do your phone, iPad, and other USB devices. The Morphie Juice packs are also great for the long plane ride over. I believe I had a USB charging port on my flight over on Cathay. 

Oct 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #3,985 of 7,071
Your safest bet is to stick with chargers that follow the PC USB specifications of 500 mAH. Otherwise you reduce the battery life of your DAP (number of times you can charge and how long the battery lasts on each charge) by using higher ratings. I just stick with 500 mAH even for the wall chargers to be safe.

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #3,986 of 7,071
Hi All,

My first post. Self confessed newbie. Have fairly decent AV set up in the lounge for movies, and thought really need to step up more with my audio, especially portable. Always tended to use Creative products in the past, Bose QC headphones or Bose in-ear when the QCs too large.

Anyway, in a "chuck some cash after doing some reading"!! kind of way, got my AK120 last week and am using Adeo PFE 232 as headphones. Have tried also linking from optical out through to my Denon Amp, which sounds alright too.

Quickly purchased half a dozen albums from HD tracks (studio masters) and am ripping a good chunk of my CDs to FLAC...avoiding the dubious/older/what-was-I-thinking collection.

As you'll all already know...sounds AWESOME!! Completely blown away!

Bit of a ramble, but now a question to those who've had this kit a bit longer, please;

What is the best way to transfer tracks across? Drag and drop to the three memory locations using explorer (have got two 64G cards installed)? Or use the iRiver software (how can a company providing such quality hardware complete the package with such God-awful software, unless I am missing something?? If you use the software, it transfers to the internal memory...what does it do when this is full??

Looking back...actually three questions! Thanks everyone, might be a while before I can add anything useful to the forum...but give a newbie time. (And a second mortgage!!)

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #3,987 of 7,071
For me. Quickest way is it plug microsd cards via adaptor directly into PC and copy that way. Or sometimes I'll connect player to computer via USB and drag drop to folders....much slower though.

I looked at Iriver software once when first got player but not been back to that since!!

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #3,988 of 7,071
For me. Quickest way is it plug microsd cards via adaptor directly into PC and copy that way. Or sometimes I'll connect player to computer via USB and drag drop to folders....much slower though.

I looked at Iriver software once when first got player but not been back to that since!!

Thanks. Thought this might be the case, but wanted to get Expert/experienced opinion before finding out there's a better way. Completely agree about the iRiver software, they should be ashamed!

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #3,989 of 7,071
I keep meaning to check their website to see if they have updated. Was hoping to use it for playlists. Coming from iPod world it's the only thing I miss!!!

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #3,990 of 7,071
I keep meaning to check their website to see if they have updated. Was hoping to use it for playlists. Coming from iPod world it's the only thing I miss!!!

Yep. Have used Win Media Player for years with Creative stuff and for moving and creting lists etc, very easy.

Come on iRiver...there must be a couple of £$£$ profit from the Ak120??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back