The Astell & Kern AK120
Aug 31, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #3,662 of 7,071
Yes two of us bring this beautiful looking tube amp so favourite now :D
I saw you have a lot tube collection now for your TU -5

5d0b8499f845220016c7c274f4dbfec7_zpsbecdf826.jpg

Its a madness Rudi I tell you. I have almost 50 tubes now and two more on their way from Spain as I type! My amp should be back next week hopefully. It was having the new Headphone socket separate on/off switch fitted as well as green LED's for the volume control!
I love the look of the rig you show. How are you finding the line out of your 120, by all accounts its really clean.

Aug 31, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #3,663 of 7,071
Yes two of us bring this beautiful looking tube amp so favourite now :D
I saw you have a lot tube collection now for your TU -5
I am waiting Jaben Indonesia has demo unit :D
I just bought Ko Jo KM 01 amp , I love Ko Jo sweet midrange like tube

Pair with AK 120 sound great with Um Miracle and 1+2

5d0b8499f845220016c7c274f4dbfec7_zpsbecdf826.jpg

Hi rudi. You have both 1plus2 and the miracle? Would you like to let me know how's their sound signature when pairing with the single AK120 from its headphone output? :)

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #3,666 of 7,071
Quote:
I really hope it is a balanced headphone out not a balanced line out. 

An AK120s-b complete with a TRRS to dual 3pin XLR works better for me....

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #3,668 of 7,071
Considering the RWAK120-S is line out only, the RWAK-B will most likely be line out as well.

Also, will there be space inside the AK120 to change the amp circuit to balanced?

Aug 31, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #3,670 of 7,071
I'm not. I've conducted the experiments using downloads from 2L, hdtracks, and others. My equipment included iems like the 1P2 and other world class phones to eliminate other bottlenecks. I did it across a variety of amps and DACs. Conversion was done via dbpoweramp using LAME the lame MP3 codec.

Try the experiment G. Take your favorite high-res track and convert it to MP3 320. Then put both on your AK or whatever system you choose. Have your wife or friend switch between them to see if you can identify which is which. I couldn't.

That can be a blessing - you can dump everything and go back to iTunes and iPhone

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #3,671 of 7,071
Quote:

Ian

Yes I think you will thoroughly enjoy the 120 with the 05, it is hard not to, as the 05 is phenomenal piece of kit!!

I have been listening undisturbed for the last couple of days as my daughters are in Korea ...................and then they are back at school next week............ 

Talking of my daughters, they just whatsapp this to me, their dinner tonight LOL:-

bigsmile_face.gif

need i say i could not sleep well yesterday after seeing this photo? Sprks mate, you should not post such images in the evening when people go to bed 
deadhorse.gif

biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #3,672 of 7,071
Quote:

need i say i could not sleep well yesterday after seeing this photo? Sprks mate, you should not post such images in the evening when people go to bed 
deadhorse.gif

biggrin.gif

Gintaras

I couldn't sleep either, I was not there. My two daughters are in Korea not me, they sent me the picture
size]

Aug 31, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #3,673 of 7,071
Quote:

Gintaras

I couldn't sleep either, I was not there. My two daughters are in Korea not me, they sent me the picture
size]

oh gosh, no........ but your answer made me happier knowing i was not alone suffering from mouth watering impact and dancing around my fridge late night to great surprise of my wife 
darthsmile.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #3,674 of 7,071
I wonder how Ko Jo KM 01 compares to 627x, congrats Mr rudi, that is a once nice stacking.

Thank you Moe
Please call me rudi is better as friend here :D

The SQ from Ko Jo KM - 01
High : very smooth , detail , clear and clean high is not Harsh at all
Mid : very sweet midrange , thick and clean and Clear , Tube like midrange
Bass : is very good impact , but like Tube is not tight like solid State amp
Soundstage : you feel like In big studio recording , not like My Eagnus is very Wide and tall
Separation : very Good separation that you can detect the instrument placement very Easy .
Norse Floor : very Low norse Floor and black bacground

Overall : very sweet and intimate sounding Amp , that you can use For long Time listening , it is
Never make My Ears tired or fatigue.

Battery Life : single AAA
Can Last about 15 hours
I have tested With random songs from 10 am until next day 1 am about 15 hours
I use ultrasone Sig DJ as test
Volume is about 90 %

Minus : only one Ko Jo KM - 01 change the colour , because the casing made from
Solid Brass dye CNC and is not treated again rust .

Suggestion : handle with care , wrap with soft cloth and anti slip mate.
Every time After exchange the battery please wipe with very soft cloth
For eye wear

This My IMO

I havent heard Porta Tube 627

Aug 31, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #3,675 of 7,071
Its a madness Rudi I tell you. I have almost 50 tubes now and two more on their way from Spain as I type! My amp should be back next week hopefully. It was having the new Headphone socket separate on/off switch fitted as well as green LED's for the volume control!
I love the look of the rig you show. How are you finding the line out of your 120, by all accounts its really clean.

Congrats Ian For Your Tube collection
You and Germanboy have very excelent Tube collection
From All Your Tube collection you
can buy 10 TU - 05 Tube Amps :D

Audio is a Unique and positive Hobby
It is better than Gambling , drinking alcohol , Seldom hang out and going to karaoke
Thats make our Wife Happy , because every day Stay at Home :D

Negative is when We listen music With Close headphone and My Wife Call Me. , but i Did not heard her Voice .
Or during our listening Time , She talk With Me and i answer wrongly :D
This make My Wife very angry :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back