The Astell & Kern AK120
Aug 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #3,692 of 7,071
Rudi, i am pretty contrarian on this one, when i love my gear i have a problem selling because i am afraid the new will not sound as good as the old.

Aug 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #3,693 of 7,071
Quote:
I am 1000 % agree
biggrin.gif

I tell you very bad story
As I got my LCD 3 last year , I tried in my Desktop amp with loud. Volume .
Suddenly my wife fell down because in front my bath room got water in the floor .
The very bad think I did not heard anything , because of excited LCD 3
biggrin.gif

I am very lucky is not so serious happened.
From that on my wife hate me , if I use close headphone or turn with loud volume

I hope this very bad story not happen to all of my friends in head fi

Now if my wife not around I always looking for her
biggrin.gif

lol let me guess you were the one who left the floor wet when you came out of the tube with you LCD3s on :wink:.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #3,694 of 7,071
lol let me guess you were the one who left the floor wet when you came out of the tube with you LCD3s on :wink:.

You are right Lee
After I took a shower , I was so rush to my bedroom to heard my LCD 3 again.
As my wife walked to this floor in front my bathroom , suddenly she fell down
That was my fault , to excited heard my new LCD 3 :p

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #3,696 of 7,071
Quote:

You are right Lee
After I took a shower , I was so rush to my bedroom to heard my LCD 3 again.
As my wife walked to this floor in front my bathroom , suddenly she fell down
That was my fault , to excited heard my new LCD 3
tongue.gif

lol if I was in her shoes I think I'd want to kill you as well :wink:.

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #3,697 of 7,071
lol if I was in her shoes I think I'd want to kill you as well :wink:.

Yes you are right ,she should kill me , after what happened
She was not , because she love me Lee :D
From that on I was so regret , what happened to my wife
And now I always be carefully after took a shower I am always looking on the floor is wet or not?
Our house use shining granite tile , they are slippery .

Please to all my friends here , must be carefully and take extra attention to your wife
She is more important than our audio gears in the world :D

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #3,699 of 7,071
You are spot on that we don't have a way to separate the two.  

My view is based on the sound I get when pairing it with the sr71b via HO.  The additional power do make it sound much better with most of my IEMs maybe except the fitear.  I was seriously considering getting the 71b before buying the hm901, and still remain interested if I do go for the rwak120B mod.

Hi kkcc,
When u tried the sr-71b, did u try them with your TG!334? As much as I like the power of the 71b, I found them to roll-off the bass of the 334 when using the single-ended. Have not try the balanced out of the 71b though.
Thanks

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #3,700 of 7,071
My Ak120 just arrived and tested it as a digital source on my Devialet DAC/Amp. I am using Lifatec glass cables (great as they are soft and light - so they don't pull that little machine off the shelf). I am getting very good sound quality (much better than my CD player) with files up to 96/24 and also DSD (as 88.2kHZ PCM). 176.4 kHz mostly works  (but not perfectly reliable)  but I have no sound at all with 192 kHz files (no signal message). I tried AK customer service but they had no idea yet.
Can anyone confirm digital out works for them at 176.4 and 192 kHz

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #3,705 of 7,071
My Ak120 just arrived and tested it as a digital source on my Devialet DAC/Amp. I am using Lifatec glass cables (great as they are soft and light - so they don't pull that little machine off the shelf). I am getting very good sound quality (much better than my CD player) with files up to 96/24 and also DSD (as 88.2kHZ PCM). 176.4 kHz mostly works  (but not perfectly reliable)  but I have no sound at all with 192 kHz files (no signal message). I tried AK customer service but they had no idea yet.
Can anyone confirm digital out works for them at 176.4 and 192 kHz

No optical out for this sampling frequency? A possibility!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back