The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #1,921 of 2,262
  Quote:
Wow they are really out of ideas to take our money. Better sound because of the casing...4000$

I would take the French leather pouch though.

You wish, LOL.

Remy Carriat, the French leather maker they are using, supplies leather for Hermès, Vuitton, Dior...

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #1,923 of 2,262

I wrote to Mr. Dufour 6 years ago in trying to convince him to make one Simplicity for me and had no luck.  

At the end I only able to grab a model that Mr. Dufour admired and bought with his own hard cash...Lange Datograph

Yes, there are things money can't buy. Sorry to hear you didn't get the Simplicity but I think the alternative makes you smile every day too :wink:

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #1,924 of 2,262

Yes, there are things money can't buy. Sorry to hear you didn't get the Simplicity but I think the alternative makes you smile every day too :wink:

Thanks it does.  Datograph is a piece of art in mechanical form.

Back to topic.  DAP is virtually a devise that computing music data with built in amplification.  It does not fall into the category as collectible nor durables as it does obsolete over time and replaced by newer technologies.  One who anticipates your DAP will appreciate over time and that is one chance that so close to non-existence IMHO.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #1,925 of 2,262

Saw a few Simplicities floating around on PuristPro sometime back. May be an idea to visit from time to time. Never a Duality though :p

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #1,926 of 2,262

Saw a few Simplicities floating around on PuristPro sometime back. May be an idea to visit from time to time. Never a Duality though :p

OMG.  Let me check PuristPro, haven't been on for a long time. 

Seems like we have common hobby other than headfi here.  

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #1,927 of 2,262
  Thanks it does.  Datograph is a piece of art in mechanical form.

Back to topic.  DAP is virtually a devise that computing music data with built in amplification.  It does not fall into the category as collectible nor durables as it does obsolete over time and replaced by newer technologies.  One who anticipates your DAP will appreciate over time and that is one chance that so close to non-existence IMHO.

I so agree on the Datograph.

But for the DAP: Vertu begs to differ...
http://www.vertu.com

They do the same for phones and they are even faster obsolete than DAPs.

Cheers,
K

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #1,928 of 2,262

I so agree on the Datograph.

But for the DAP: Vertu begs to differ...
http://www.vertu.com

They do the same for phones and they are even faster obsolete than DAPs.

Cheers,
K

Let me take a photo of AK240/Datograph/Vertu and post here when I return home tonight.

In a way, I have two items out of 3 depreciating "FAST". 

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #1,929 of 2,262
  Let me take a photo of AK240/Datograph/Vertu and post here when I return home tonight.

In a way, I have two items out of 3 depreciating "FAST". 

Man, you have a lot of 'toys'.

Don't worry, the appreciation of your Swiss watches with the recent unpegging of the SF will cover any loss.. :)  

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #1,930 of 2,262

Don't worry, the appreciation of your Swiss watches with the recent unpegging of the SF will cover any loss.. :)  

We need to talk something on the Ak (as this is the AK thread) otherwise our posts will be frozen LOL.

Made a plunge last Saturday and the number is 5235G

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #1,931 of 2,262

Back to AK...

I reluctant to RWAK it and now amping with the Wagnus Epsilon and is one excellent combo (but not mobile).   The Wagnus has a very delicate and open signature and love it.

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #1,932 of 2,262
Hello!
A long time did not go to the forum.
As you know, we love Russian Iriver products
biggrin.gif
(ranging from Listrid
tongue.gif
and ending on the replacement of resistance AK100 / 120).
Not lack attention and AK240. Now we have the AK47.
AK47 - the result is excellent.
Who cares - this is a link to the website of the author of this mod. There are mainly technical modifications. You can read using translate.google
http://www.ecosound.pro/upgrade_iRiver_AK240.html
Contact the author is on the site. If you are interested, please ask the author.
Thank U.

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #1,935 of 2,262

I have just got my AK240 but i don't know what the DSD tab is for, there is no music on there, its in the "ALL" tab.  How am i supposed to use this DSD folder ?

Cheers Endeavour

That's not a folder but your sorting function, which the AK240 index all your music in your library, and pop the DSD up top upon hitting that button.  You can put your DSDs anywhere and it will work the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back