The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #1,907 of 2,262
Wow they are really out of ideas to take our money. Better sound because of the casing...4000$

I would take the French leather pouch though.

Well, at least it will look good next to my Rolex Milgauss... as AK intended -_-;

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #1,909 of 2,262
But will it sound as good as my RWAK240?

Doubtful.  AK claimed the AK240SS has better SQ due to better grounding, but I think we all know that this is really stretching it.

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #1,910 of 2,262
Well, at least it will look good next to my Rolex Milgauss... as AK intended -_-;

Duh?

And what should the poor owners of FP Journe, Patek Philippe, A. Piguet, Blancpain etc. do? The next level after Rolex? And the ones who really appreciate a every-part-handmade-by-one person watch like Philippe Dufour or Vianney Halter?

AK, did you hear that, we need more expensive and exclusive players, there is a gaping hole in your offering. We want year long waiting lists for your production slot, we want more exclusivity and craftsmanship. I want a hand soldered PCB by a solder master from Switzerland who will create a whole miniature world inside my DAP by hand, who goes throughly five year training program before soldering his first DAP. Maybe a nice chime every hour, a minute repeater as well? You covered luxury watch ahem DAP territory now pls cover High End Luxury too. We want to spend more money....

Thx.
K
PS: :D sarcasm

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #1,911 of 2,262
Well... since the AK500N does run on battery power, so technically we can all backpack it and call it a DAP :).

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #1,912 of 2,262
Wow they are really out of ideas to take our money. Better sound because of the casing...4000$

I would take the French leather pouch though.

Haaaaa haaaaa looks nice but no way I won't do it again..:innocent:....twice was enough.....but....hmmmmm:hushed:.....no!...:smiling_imp:

Hey Mimouille there's your case you were looking for......:yum: you can buy it keep the case and just give the AK away as a gift :innocent: hmmmmm and the LV carry bag was only a little over a grand ......that was a bargain

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #1,917 of 2,262
Other than the price, I do think that the AK240SS will be better for field use, or just build a Mil-Spec version of it.

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #1,918 of 2,262
  Other than the price, I do think that the AK240SS will be better for field use, or just build a Mil-Spec version of it.

Thanks for the info but here's what I do not get. Stainless steel is supposed to be cheaper right? and also wasn't it AK's point to make AK240 with duraluminum instead of aluminum because they wanted it to be light AND different from their AK100 2 and AK120 2 which are made of aluminum (from what I know). really don't get what they're trying to do here:p

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #1,919 of 2,262
Duh?

And what should the poor owners of FP Journe, Patek Philippe, A. Piguet, Blancpain etc. do? The next level after Rolex? And the ones who really appreciate a every-part-handmade-by-one person watch like Philippe Dufour or Vianney Halter?

AK, did you hear that, we need more expensive and exclusive players, there is a gaping hole in your offering. We want year long waiting lists for your production slot, we want more exclusivity and craftsmanship. I want a hand soldered PCB by a solder master from Switzerland who will create a whole miniature world inside my DAP by hand, who goes throughly five year training program before soldering his first DAP. Maybe a nice chime every hour, a minute repeater as well? You covered luxury watch ahem DAP territory now pls cover High End Luxury too. We want to spend more money....

Thx.
K
PS:
biggrin.gif
sarcasm

I wrote to Mr. Dufour 6 years ago in trying to convince him to make one Simplicity for me and had no luck.  

At the end I only able to grab a model that Mr. Dufour admired and bought with his own hard cash...Lange Datograph

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #1,920 of 2,262
I would love one of these. I wonder what the US retail will be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back