The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread
Mar 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #364 of 2,262
You should try plugging it into your desktop amp too, I am pleasantly surprised :D

I may indeed buy a Bakoon HPA-21 to use at home with the AK240 as my " transportable" set-up that I just move around from rooms to rooms.

Such ( battery operated ) small desktop amp should offer much better SQ than any top portable amp ? Isn't it ?

( on the go, I will use me Roxane IEM, So no amp at all needed . . . I guess ? )

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #365 of 2,262

... yesterday I decided to try my vorzuge portable amp  with the 240 and the Roxanne.

Wow!!!  the difference to me is highly noticeable. 
size]

frown.gif
 My plan were NOT to use external amp when on the Go with my roxane, and to use an external AMP only at home when I use full size headphone !  

it looks like I will need the AMP even when on the go with my roxane ! 
mad.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #366 of 2,262
Yes
:frowning2:  My plan were NOT to use external amp when on the Go with my roxane, and to use an external AMP only at home when I use full size headphone !  

it looks like I will need the AMP even when on the go with my roxane ! :mad:  

Now, my Ak-240, drives my IE-800 just fine, don't need a amp. But from what I read in other posts, it improves even more on sound quality.

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #367 of 2,262
is the vorzuge portable amp considered as one of the very best portable amp ?  Better than the SR71b or ALO RXIII ? 

IS there an UBER-Portable Amp that will also match exactly the AK240 footprint to make a perfect brick ? 

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #368 of 2,262
is the vorzuge portable amp considered as one of the very best portable amp ?  Better than the SR71b or ALO RXIII ? 

IS there an UBER-Portable Amp that will also match exactly the AK240 footprint to make a perfect brick ? 

From the reviews I've read it rated as one of the best. For iem I rate it better than my ALO RX3.

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #369 of 2,262
From the reviews I've read it rated as one of the best. For iem I rate it better than my ALO RX3.

Thanks

Which vorzuge amp are you using ?

It seems that they have 3 amps in their product line... and I don't understand their difference !
I even don't understand which one is supposed to be their top-of-the-line!

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #370 of 2,262
Thanks

Which vorzuge amp are you using ? Is it their top-of-the-line ?  It seems that they have several amps in their product line... 

They only have three. The pure, the duo and the pure 2.

I'm using the Duo. They're really all the same sound wise. The new pure 2 has gain selection for different types of headphones. I was told this is good for iem or ciem. The duo has tone switches for bass and treble and the pure is just plain with no switches. All oof them have the same internals so sound the same. No top of the range all the same I think.

Mar 20, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #371 of 2,262
Wow, the balanced out using my HD-800's playing Flac files, sounds out of this world . It's so airy, everything is so well detailed, bass real tight. The AK-240, is very much pleasing me.

Mar 20, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #372 of 2,262
They only have three. The pure, the duo and the pure 2.

I'm using the Duo. They're really all the same sound wise. The new pure 2 has gain selection for different types of headphones. I was told this is good for iem or ciem. The duo has tone switches for bass and treble and the pure is just plain with no switches. All oof them have the same internals so sound the same. No top of the range all the same I think.

according to shigzeo, the pure ii is clearly better than the pure, so I'm guessing that the pure ii is the totl?

Mar 20, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #373 of 2,262
according to shigzeo, the pure ii is clearly better than the pure, so I'm guessing that the pure ii is the totl?

The only difference I can tell between the pure and pure 2 is the gain switch. Looking at the spec. It seems to be the same internally but I might be wrong.

Mar 21, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #374 of 2,262
What is the size of the Pure II ?   Does it has a footprint compatible for a nice fit under the AK240 ? isn't it too small ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back