The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Dec 16, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #1,368 of 2,897
Do impedance adapters help with the Tera? And reading about pairings, I would think the Yuin G1A would be a good match.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #1,369 of 2,897
Do impedance adapters help with the Tera? And reading about pairings, I would think the Yuin G1A would be a good match.

Impedance adapters will just add more impedance, making the OI of the source appear higher to the earphone/headphone.  A voltage splitter or unity gain buffer would probably help.

This UE buffer jack is really voltage splitter. Not sure how well it works but I'll probably try it at some point, since it's only $10: http://pro.ultimateears.com/adjustable-ambient-filters-196

This is a true unity gain buffer from UE: http://pro.ultimateears.com/line-drive

The Nakamur Aclear Port NXT-2AK appears to be some kind of buffer as well.  I'm not sure how expensive it is though. 
Edit: that model is very pricey. They do have a much cheaper model but no idea how good it is- Aclear Porta NIP-01.

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #1,373 of 2,897
According to the moderators 'musicday' complained about the tumbleweed and asked for smial1966 to be banned from this thread. So much for free speech. :rolleyes:

Please be careful what you are saying.
I have never asked any moderators to ban anyone from this thread,but also i want this very clean and to stay on the tracks.I asked here smial1966 nicely and said please to remove the grass,but he ignored it.
There is no point in making fun of anyoane if you don't like this player.
Maybe you shouldn't post here if you don't like it.

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #1,374 of 2,897
I was very politely asked by a moderator to keep on this threads topic and in retrospect the tumbleweed did have more to do with horticulture than the Tera Player.
wink.gif
 Henceforth I'll only comment on my recollections of the Tera Players sonic attributes, functions and usability. 

Seasons greetings and happy holidays to ALL thread contributors and readers. 

Quote:
Please be careful what you are saying.
I have never asked any moderators to ban anyone from this thread,but also i want this very clean and to stay on the tracks.I asked here smial1966 nicely and said please to remove the grass,but he ignored it.
There is no point in making fun of anyoane if you don't like this player.
Maybe you shouldn't post here if you don't like it.

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #1,375 of 2,897
I have noticed the random function of the Tera player works really well especially with the newer algorithm,however the more folders you have on the card the better works, but is not that good when battery drops around 10%.I listen only in random mode,and once a favourite artist comes up i stay in that folder then press random mode again.Very handy.
Anyone experienced the same?

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #1,377 of 2,897
Welcome to Head-Fi. :)

Your best bet finding a reasonably priced Tera Player is to monitor the 'For Sale' listings here and on eBay, as periodically units do come up for sale. Expect to pay between £750 and £1,500 depending on the units age and condition. Though finding one at the lower end of the price scale is becoming increasingly difficult due to the makers recent price hike. As pricing examples, I sold my 4 year old Tera Player about 2 months ago for £900 and there was one on eBay UK last week for £2,000 - which incidentally did not sell at this price.

Hi all,

I am all-new here and am looking for a used (affordable) Tera-Player.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,380 of 2,897
Well,if you can manage to hear one you will be very impressed, as the sound is analogue and very different then anything else you have heard before.
What headphones, earphones are you using at the moment as Tera is quite picky with some.
I fully recommend the Porta Pro moded,PK1,Ref1, just to name few people really enjoyed with this player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back