The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
May 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #286 of 726
Quote:
I have added Grado to the table in post #279. Many models do appear to all have the same nominal impedance and sensitivity.

Thank you.  :)  So they indeed aren't that difficult a load.

May 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #287 of 726
The numbers would suggest not, but keep in mind I am using the nominal impedances specified by the manufacturers. Actual impedance curves over the frequency range will give a more complete picture of headphone loading.

May 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #290 of 726
Quote:
I am not able to use WASAPI in event mode using Windows 7 64-bit. The provided audio device drivers are installed. I have tried with both foobar2000 and JRiver. Everything is up to date. In JRiver I get the error message: "Playback could not be started on the ouput 'WASAPI - Event Style' using the format '44.1kHz 16bit 2ch'." Then foobar2000 gives the complaint "Unrecoverable playback error: Invalid argument". I have fiddled around a bit with some of the other settings to no avail. However, playback works fine with both players in WASAPI push mode....

I've the same problem.....Don't know why?
Maybe this can be fixed when new version of Windows driver comes out???

May 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #291 of 726
But it perfectly works with foobar using C-Media ASIO. You can adjust latency plus choose 16, 24 or 32 bit. I set mine 32 bit with 6ms

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

May 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #292 of 726
I kind of want to buy one of these, but knowing it used to be $799 and is now $999 makes it really difficult to purchase.  I can wait until the WA8 or for the price to fall.  Or wait for used ones to start showing up.  It totally sucked when I bought some Ciamillo Gravitas brakes for $1000 one time, and then he started selling them for $500.  I don't want the same thing to happen with the amp, especially if I don't need one immediately.

May 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #293 of 726
Woo amps hold their value ridiculously well. A wa6 back then costs less than they do now from memory.

May 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #295 of 726
I kind of want to buy one of these, but knowing it used to be $799 and is now $999 makes it really difficult to purchase.  I can wait until the WA8 or for the price to fall.  Or wait for used ones to start showing up.  It totally sucked when I bought some Ciamillo Gravitas brakes for $1000 one time, and then he started selling them for $500.  I don't want the same thing to happen with the amp, especially if I don't need one immediately.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the $800 was an early bird promotional introductory price, not normal price - as such quite misleading to say it "used to be"?

May 21, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #297 of 726

I paid $999 for my WA7 and I think this amp is quite a bargain considering performance and build quality! I have not felt that way about many previous audio purchases (I can't think of any).

May 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #298 of 726
Quote:

If they do this, you could wait for them to come out with the amp (no DAC).  The price would be cheaper, and you might even get an intro price for that one too. 
smile_phones.gif

May 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #299 of 726
I have a Schiit Lyr and Bifrost, would the WA7 be an upgrade. I think the Bifrost will be able to eventually  play DSD without going through PCM. I wonder if the WA7 will be able to do this?

May 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #300 of 726
I think you guys have convinced me to get a WA7 sooner than later.  Kevin, I actually want the DAC and like that it handles high resolution samples because I record concerts at 24 bits / 96 kHz.  It's too bad I didn't know about the amp during the intro price.  I agree that the amp appears to have intrinsic value more than $1000.  My purchase decision depends more on how much I can expect to buy or sell it for in the future than what it sold for in the past, but the promotional price is indicative of possible prices for future used sales.  It's probably worth a dollar a day or whatever the near-term depreciation rate is to have one of these on my desk. :)

I'm confident that I prefer black over silver, but what do people think of smoked vs. clear glass?  Does smoke look better when it's off and give it a sleeker look?  I imagine clear lets the tubes shine through brighter and has a more modern crystal look.  And what about the special tubes?  Can anyone hear the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back